PDA

View Full Version : WOC need list ideas so I know what to buy.

flameberge
16-09-2009, 16:55
Ok, I'm new to warhammer and have never used or even seen anyone use WOC but the models look ridiculously good so I'm going to make an army of them. Problem is I don't really know all the ins and outs of the game and so am not sure what I need to get. I'd like some Ideas for a 2000 point army with possible upgrades to 2250 and 2500 points. I'd like the list to be competitive but winning every game isn't a must. I want to have some fun. My most common opponent will be VC (always magic heavy) and my second most common opponent will probably a dwarf army with a good mix of infantry and firepower.

shredshredxx
16-09-2009, 17:22
people tend to talk about how good their magic heavy armies are, specifically those with sorcerers of tzeentch/nurgle.

a character on a disk, whether it's a sorceror or an exalted champ w/ flail is always a good call, so either pick up the diskrider model or build yourself a disk!!

i know you're new, but i swear it's the easiest thing ever. glue 2 40k bases together and glue some spikes to the sides. dunzo.

chaos warhounds are obscenely good for their points cost. get lots and lots.

other than that, it's all really a matter of personal taste dude.

good luck!!

Ξ H2O Ξ
16-09-2009, 18:18
Great place to start is the battalion box and another unit of warriors and/or knights. Gives u a solid block to build from. Plus u get so many options for modelling u can make some nice looking lords/heros.

As for a list there are like 15+ WoC lists floating around atm. Check those out for some ideas of ur own army list.

PeG
16-09-2009, 20:02
In my opinion the best unit in the book are the dogs. You get 10 from the battalion which is enough to babysit 5 knights (2 units of five, also in the battalion) or one unit of warriors/chosen. When you get more knights I would also suggest more dogs.

Chrisb3
16-09-2009, 20:30
Battalion is great.

Seville
16-09-2009, 21:16
Can't go wrong with the battalion box. It's a good value. I'd say ultimately you will want at least 2 - 3 units of knights. I just posted my tournament winning list. Take a look at it if you like.