PDA

View Full Version : 3k Night Goblins for 'Ard Boyz

minionboy
17-09-2009, 04:55
Alright, so the scenarios are posted, lets see what you think about this mess:

LORDS
Skarsnik
Night Goblin Great Shaman: Level 4, Staff of Sorcery, Nibblas ‘Itty Ring, Collar of Zorga

HEROES
Night Goblin Shaman: Level 2, Horn of Urgock
Night Goblin Shaman: Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin’
Night Goblin Shaman: Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls
Night Goblin Big Boss: Battle Standard Bearer, Rowdy Grott’s big red raggedy banner, Light Armor

CORE
29 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shields, Netters, 3 Fanatics, Full Command
29 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shields, Netters, 3 Fanatics, Full Command
30 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shields, Netters, 1 Fanatic, Full Command
30 Night Goblins: Hand Weapons, Shields, Netters, 1 Fanatic, Full Command
20 Night Goblins: Short Bows, Musician
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders: Bows, Musician

SPECIAL
7 Squig Hoppers
5 Squig Herds (15 Squigs, 10 Goblins)
2 Goblin Spear Chuckas
2 Goblin Spear Chuckas
1 Goblin Rock Lobba

RARE
1 Goblin Doom Diver
1 Goblin Doom Diver
1 Goblin Doom Diver

Total: 2998
Power Dice: 12
Dispel Dice: 8 + 2 Scrolls + Staff
Models: 265

Izram
17-09-2009, 11:50
Looks like the right way to do a 3k gobbo army.

My only suggestion would be to split the fanatics evenly 2-2-2-2, to mitigate losses if the units decide to panic.

I don't know how effective that many units of spider riders would be, the battle field will be pretty cramped. Might be worth dropping one or two. You could afford a spare fanatic or two on a shortbow unit. Might surprise the heck out of any enemy fast mover trying to get behind you or around you.

Dr.Madcap
17-09-2009, 14:10
Aye night gobbs!:evilgrin:

i guess your plan is to let your Lord + heroes are gonna walk around in the 29 blocks of gobbs, its not a good idea, you need bigger blocks to hide your heroes, a well placed magic missile or bolt thrower/stone thrower in your block and they will most likely flee (25% of 29 or 30 = 8) :cries:

you could allso skipp the boss in each block, just go for music and standard i think the bosses attack isn't worth 8 pts.

Izram
17-09-2009, 17:01
Being able to protect your real heroes from a challenge, or forcing a big character to fight just one gobbo is fully worthwhile, though.

I do agree though, 30 gobbos sin;t enough to protect you from 25% casualties. Consider 40 on the big units. Maybe run 6x6 or 6x7 for enough numbers?

Dr.Madcap
17-09-2009, 19:42
i play with 2 blocks of 48 Ng's + 1-2 heroes in each block. in that case you need to loose 13 gobbos to take your first panic test.
exept the "small" units of gobbs i think this army can work quite well.

and well spoken Izram keep the boss in the units that will have heroes in them.

Papawolf
17-09-2009, 22:40
you are a legend. you run goblins almost exactly how i do at 2k but i take rock lobbas instead of doom divers, no squigs, no bsb or level 4, and less goblins (cos i have less points) i generally take 2 fanatics in each unit so that when they are released i have more options for directions and mine are smurfs

other than that its the same. skarsnik, exactly the same items on the wizards as you. netters and no spears on the units. same spider rider units.

it is an incredibly effective list...for goblins
good luck man lovin the army