View Full Version : 2k GT Magic-Heavy Lizzies

oCoYoRoAoKo
17-09-2009, 14:06
Hey all,

here is my most recent lizardmen list for tourneys and the GT:

Slaan - +1 MD, All Spells
Skink Priest - Diadem of Power, Engine of the Gods
Skink Priest Level2 - Plaque of Tepok, Engine of the Gods

Yes, ive decided to go Double Engine+ Slaan. The extra points invested really makes all the difference.

Scar-Veteran- great weapon, light armour, shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

The usual, for killing chariots/warmachines

10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers

A nice skirmish screen for the stegs.

13 Templeguard- Champion

A nice bunker for the Slaan, and forms the centre of my battle line.

3 Terradons
3 Terradons

Lone char/war machine/whatever hinting

Salamander
Salamander

For burnination

WHat do you think? Ive been on a bit of a loosing streak with the army of late but its down more to very poor dice rolls then anything else (think along the lines of the slaan misscasting every turn). On paper it should work fine though :P

Cy.

SabaLoth
17-09-2009, 15:15
i'd invest in some 10 man skink units(50 points each) for redirecting with this list.

you do not want anything charging you

jigplums
17-09-2009, 19:03
how do you think this list would work with the gt missions. Your "scoring" units are pretty fragile, so i could see a few turns of decent shooting or magic wittling them down to the point you'd struggle to take quarters. Also what are your plans for split deployment? 3rdly how do you think the list would hold up to warmachines as about 40% of your points goes into 2 models that are large targets, and screening doesn't help against cannons/bolt throwers etc..?

i think the list has some potential though, and double engines worth well together once they get into range the help each other nicely. what magic would you go for with the slann? also have you thought about becalming cogitation? i think it could be a life saver vs many lists....no total power for a start, but also makes most spells need an extra dice invested to get past. Also no scrolls? although you have lots of DD there are usually spealls that you HAVE to stop?