PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Balanced Anvil

lcfr
17-09-2009, 20:35
Hey all, this list is a play on my regular 2k balanced Dwarf army (which is effectively everything below; minus the AoD and plus a Runesmith w/shield, MRBalance, and scroll); haven't had a chance to test the AoD version of it out yet so I figured I'd get some c&c in the meantime. The list's playstyle is pretty typical...let the guns draw the enemy in and watch the blocks mop 'em up; this tactic should be even more effective w/a venerable Runelord at the helm of an AoD.

I generally put my Longbeards in the centre of the line to pass on Panic re-rolls to the two other main blocks. I've been pretty happy w/the non-AoD version of this list so far but I'd like some insight from others and maybe some tips on how it can get better. Until recently I've looked skeptically upon the Anvil (maybe cus it blew up the first and last time I used it, on its first turn), but I'm very happy w/the performance of my regular 2k list and thought that an AoD would probably be just as good an addition as a Dwarf Lord. I've left some self-criticism in red. Cheers!

Runelord w/AoD, shield, RStone, scroll, and MRBalance 398pts. W/7DD already I'm not so sure I need the MRBalance, and would be willing to transfer these points into different runic equipment for my Runelord (additional scroll and maybe RRes) or more rank and file.

Thane w/MRChallenge, RFury, RCleaving, RStone, shield, and Oath stone. 162pts

Thane BSB w/MRGromril, RPres, and RCleaving. 150pts

10x quarrelers w/shields 120pts
23x warriors w/shields and FC 232pts
20x longbeards w/shields, FC, and RStoicism 290pts RStoicism is here to protect against Fear-causers; ideally I'd like to spam the RCourage plus an Ancestor Rune

19x hammerers w/shields, sb, mus, and RCourage 295pts Hammies serve as Stonebearers and hold up a flank
2x BTs w/engineers, 1x RBurning 125pts
Cannon w/RForging and RBurning 130pts
8x miners 88pts If my opponent has no warmachines that need to be hunted then my miners stay in reserve to either 1) claim a table quarter or 2) support either the Warriors or Hammies, since these units will generally be closest to the table edge.

organ gun 120pts
gyrocopter 140pts I've always flirted w/the idea of fielding a unit of DoW Ironguts...but I'm not sure that a big, fat, degenerate countercharge would be quite as handy as a flying marchblocker/wizard hunter

Malorian
17-09-2009, 20:37
Few things:

If the thane is calling the shots (mro challenge) he probably doesn't need the oath stone.

Hammers who are stubborn REALLY don't need an oathstone.

"I've always flirted w/the idea of fielding a unit of DoW Ironguts...but I'm not sure that a big, fat, degenerate countercharge would be quite as handy as a flying marchblocker/wizard hunter "

Think about the converting possibilities... bear cav!!! ;)

lcfr
17-09-2009, 20:57
I know a lot of Dwarf players have misgivings about the Oath stone...I keep it as an emergency item to be honest; even though it isn't often necessary just having it makes me feel better...it really is the blanket to my Linus :wtf:

That, and if I have the good fortune of having a corner to deploy in I put my Warriors so tight against the table edge they often don't need to worry about being flanked.

As far as bear cav is concerned...I had actually planned on taking the unhelmeted, naked Ogre heads and using greenstuff to make slayer mohawks and dirty, unkept beards. But...I only have 4 IGs now (traded the rest off, mistake) and they're in this phase I know all ogres go through but I can't help but be nervous about...you know, the spiky, helmeted, "Blood for the Blood God" phase? :cries: (What did I do wrong?)

Now I'll either have to settle on repainting them and seeing if I have any naked heads lying around or robbing one of my professors so I can buy 3 or 4 Deathrollers.

Dark Aly
17-09-2009, 21:06
robbing one of my professors so I can buy 3 or 4 Deathrollers.

that is an awesome idea, really like that. dwarf cavalry.