PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel Rivalry

jp22102000
18-09-2009, 01:53
Do the Blood Angels have any rivalries with any other (non-chaos) Marine chapters? Similar to the Dark Angels and Space Wolves.

Argastes
18-09-2009, 02:03
Pretty sure the SWs and DAs are the only famous or original-legion chapters with a notable rivalry like that.

Israfael
18-09-2009, 02:41
There were many original legion rivalries - it's just that most just ended up being between loyalists and traitors.

Ultramarines : Word Bearers
Space Wolves : Thousand Sons
Imperial Fists : Iron Warriors

Some of the more prominent examples.

However there are a few examples between loyalists that I know of.

Dark Angels : Space Wolves
Ravenguard : White Scars

There is also the rift between the Aurora Chapter and the Knights of the Raven, but they're not founding chapters. (Ultramarines and Ravenguard offspring chapters)

Son of Sanguinius
18-09-2009, 03:01
In terms of loyalists, I believe there is a famous quote by a captain of a later-founded chapter about calling Blood Angels madmen and accusing them of being "one step from damnation" or some such. If I can find the source, I shall return with it.

ntin
18-09-2009, 04:24
Charles Darwin.

LexxBomb
18-09-2009, 04:52
well there is some animosity between the Dark Angels anf the Black Templars (I know they aren't 1st Founding but their original members were) over the lose of one of Black Templars Frigates.

Israfael
18-09-2009, 05:52
well there is some animosity between the Dark Angels anf the Black Templars (I know they aren't 1st Founding but their original members were) over the lose of one of Black Templars Frigates.

Black Templars need to mind their own business. ;)

Condottiere
18-09-2009, 08:05
They can't be too chummy with the Black Legion, ex Sons of Horus.

Cacodemon
18-09-2009, 08:08
Marines Malevolent and some other chapters like the Flesh Tearers are not too popular among the rest of the Adeptus Astartes.

Lord Damocles
18-09-2009, 10:23
The Blood Angels and Flesh Tearers (or at least Dante and Seth) didn't seem to be on great terms in Red Fury, what with Seth considering letting the Blood Angels die out and taking Baal for the Flesh Tearers and all... But they all ended up friends in the end :wtf:

Captain Yuron of the Patriarchs of Ulixis said he would not fight alongside the Blood Angels (Codex: Blood Angels (3rd ed.), pg.4) due to them being 'cursed and but a single step from damnation'.

trolly
18-09-2009, 22:18
hi,

Ravenguard : White Scars

any source on this?

cheers,
:D

Xuri-n
18-09-2009, 22:30
5th Ed vanilla Marine dex, dont have it to hand but Im certain its in there

trigger
18-09-2009, 23:41
dont Imperial fists and dark angles have unsettledness between them

Come to think of it haven't the DA p*!!$d off most of the imperium at some point , notable mention would be the 13th black crusade

Fall from grace
19-09-2009, 00:18
It's on p42 in paragraph entitled An Alliance is Forged.

White Scars and Raven Guard rivalry goes back thousands of years.

dreadnaughtdccl
19-09-2009, 00:32
if you've read the book red fury there are hard feelings between th blood angels and a majority of there 2nd founding chapters :skull:

trolly
19-09-2009, 02:45
hi,

if you've read the book red fury there are hard feelings between th blood angels and a majority of there 2nd founding chapters :skull:

any reason why didnt have harmonic relationship with their 2nd founding, just as DA and their successor?
or they dissapointed about the gene-seed?

cheers,

The Red Pilgrim
19-09-2009, 04:06
They can't be too chummy with the Black Legion, ex Sons of Horus.

I'd have to go with this right here.

The legion who is birthed of the same seed as the man who ripped your "father" in-two can't be on your Christmas Card mailing list I 'reckon.

Pandion40
19-09-2009, 11:57
hi,

any reason why didnt have harmonic relationship with their 2nd founding, just as DA and their successor?
or they dissapointed about the gene-seed?

cheers,

The Flesh Tearers are the ones with the big rivalry. Their relationship with their other successors seems more reasonable. When we first see the rivalry it seems like simple jealousy. The Blood angels are all blinged out whilst the Flesh Tearers are functional. Their tech is in great condition but has none of the finishing touches that most marines use let alone the type of decoration the Blood Angels would use.

So there is a natural tension from their differing personalities. You also get the impression the Flesh Terrors resent the Blood Angels status as a first founding Chapter and are Hyper sensitive about being overshadowed by their more famous cousins.

Towards the end of the book you get a much deeper look at the real reason for the ill feeling. Whilst I have no doubt the average flesh terror is a little envious of the Blood Angels, this is not what drives Seth and possibly others of senior rank in the Flesh Terrors. It seems the Flesh Tearers Chapter masters feel it is their job to keep the Blood Angels true to Sanguinus. Basically they feel a successor chapter such as themselves can embody one or two aspects of Sanguinus personality but the Blood Angels have to embody his whole character. This is extremely hard and so they have set themselves up to constantly challenge the Blood Angels. Seth feels the Blood Angels have become too proud and arrogant. When the blood angels asks for applicants from their successors Seth sets it up so the Blood angels have to convince him they have learnt from their mistakes or be dissolved and replaced by one of their successors.

ryng_sting
19-09-2009, 12:06
The Raven Guard think the BA are clumsy and brutal compared to themselves. Then again, you get the impression they think the same thing about a lot of other chapters.

Urath
19-09-2009, 19:30
Where does the train of thought (Dark Angels/Imperial Fist animosity) actually originate from?

trigger
19-09-2009, 19:54
Black temlar code , dont the DA fire on a imperiel fleet because they wont bow to the ultra smerfs

VeritasMortis
19-09-2009, 19:56
Yeah the Raven Guard and the Blood Angels don't really see eye to eye, as per the raven guard index astartes. The RavenGuard are sneaky gits and the BA are frontal assault

also, as has been said already the Patriarchs of Ulixis, not big BA fans.

and of course the black legion.

I believe thats it.

(nothing james swallow writes about the BA exists in my universe. He is clearly dead set on the destruction of that chapter.)