PDA

View Full Version : High Elves - Reloded

Desert Rain
18-09-2009, 19:07
So I've been doing a bit of thinking since the last time (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219288) I posted my list, thanks to all of you who helped out!

So this is the list that I have come up with now.
The Archmage joins the Swordmasters, the Mage joins the Spearmen and the Battle Standard Bearer joins the White Lions.
The lack of protection on the BSB is due to the concept of 'kill it before it kills you'. It might, or might not, work but I want to try it out.

Otherwise I guess that the army is pretty basic. The spearmen hold the centre and their flanks are guarded by the white lions and the swordmaster. The chariot supports the main battle line and the dragon princes try to take out enemy flankers. Later they aim for the enemies flanks and rears. The bolt throwers and the archers provide missile support and the eagles are general disruption units.

I would like to have the Annulian Crystal in the list, but I don't really want to drop the seerstaff or the silver wand from the mages.

Archmage (290 points)
- Level 4
- Silver Wand
- Dispel Scroll

Mage (185 points)
- Level 2
- Seerstaff of Saphery
- Dispel Scroll

Noble (174 points)
- Great Weapon
- Dragon Armour
- Battle Standard
- Banner of Sorcery

23 Spearmen (232 points)
- Full Command

10 Archers (110 points)

13 White Lions (250 points)
- Full Command
- Lion Standard

13 Swordmasters (217 points)
- Bladelord
- Talisman of Loec

5 Dragon Princes (150 points)

Tiranoc Chariot (85 points)

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers (200 points)

2 Great Eagles (100 points)

Power Dice: 8 + 1D3
Dispel Dice: 5 + 2 Dispel Scrolls

Draconian77
18-09-2009, 19:19
Er...reloaded? :D

I remember the list and there really isn't a lot of scope for tweaking at the 2k range.

One thing that I'd ask you: How important is magic to your battleplan?

If the answer is "Very important" then perhaps putting the Banner of Sorcery on the White Lions and the Lion Standard on the Bsb would be a better option.

Other than that, what can be done?

I guess the Swordmasters and Princes could get Musicians but that's a minor, minor change... ;)

the gribbly
18-09-2009, 19:51
I like the list. Not highly competative but balanced and capable. IMO the lions need to retain fear/terror immunity. Only changes I would suggest are to drop a single SM, WL, and spear elf. With these points add the std of balance to the lions and put the lion std on your spears. Should now total 1999. -grib

Desert Rain
18-09-2009, 20:05
Er...reloaded? :D Yeah I know, I blame it on my exhausted brain;)

One thing that I'd ask you: How important is magic to your battleplan?

If the answer is "Very important" then perhaps putting the Banner of Sorcery on the White Lions and the Lion Standard on the Bsb would be a better option.
It's pretty important, but I aim to be not to dependant on it. I would like to be able to handle a miscast without automatically loosing the game. But that little swap is smart, thanks;)

Other than that, what can be done?

I guess the Swordmasters and Princes could get Musicians but that's a minor, minor change... ;)
Well there's enough points left for a musician in the swordmaster unit, so it's in.

Falkman
19-09-2009, 00:57
A bit strange to put the Loec talisman on a unit champion, he'll die after using it.

Desert Rain
19-09-2009, 09:54
The thought was that he could sacrifice himself to protect the archmage if the enemy has a nasty combat character. And with the talisman he has a chance to kill the enemy before he dies.

Falkman
19-09-2009, 22:02
I see.
No doubt the enemy will at least be very surprised by that :D
Gotta give that a spin sometime.