PDA

View Full Version : terminator prices....wtf?

Negafex
19-09-2009, 00:05
bit of a rant here, so if you dont feel like listening please steer clear of this thread.

WTF is with the 50 dollar price tag on terminator boxes??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

it puts them at 10 dollars a figure...FOR PLASTIC MODELS?!?! why?
what could the possible justification be for this? its beyond overpriced. its just brutal. i thought after the initial SM terminator box release at 50, they might reduce the price or provide a cheaper alternative, but theyve now released the chaos box and the new space wolves terminator box.

i like the models, especially the newer chaos and space wolf versions with more details and dodads, but paying that much for any troop is just absurd

rant over

Lord Damocles
19-09-2009, 00:07
cheaper alternative
To be fair, Black Reach and Space Hulk both contain very reasonable plastic Termies.

I agree that the pricing is silly though - although not as silly as the 3rd ed. box set...

12345_7
19-09-2009, 00:09
I would guess they are so expensive because they have ALOT of high quality and larger than usual plastic parts.

kazkal
19-09-2009, 00:12
Welcome to GW pricing I hope you enjoy your stay.

Btw I suggest if you want assault terminators Buy a Box then buy Some Black Reach ones and for 65 dollars you can have x5 thunder hammers x5 lightning claws.

Phyros
19-09-2009, 00:22
I remember when the basic 10-man Tac squad was $17 American....back when we had to hike uphill both ways in the snow to get to school and all we had to keep our hands warm was a baked potato (which was also our lunch.)

Lord Damocles
19-09-2009, 00:27
I remember when the basic 10-man Tac squad was $17 American....back when we had to hike uphill both ways in the snow to get to school and all we had to keep our hands warm was a baked potato (which was also our lunch.)
You wer' lu'ky.

All we had w' a handfull o' gravel fer lunch.

starlight
19-09-2009, 00:41
We have a dedicated Thread for this sort of thing here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209297

Thread Closed.

starlight