PDA

View Full Version : troll guts

Elannion
15-01-2006, 21:06
in this spell it says that the wound caused by it cannot be regenerated, now does that mean regenerated as in the spell offers regeneration, or does that mean it can't be healed fullstop. Because it doesn't say regeneration of any kind and it doesn't say healed or whatever, but i guess that it might be another of gws bad phrasing.

NakedFisherman
15-01-2006, 21:16
Bad phrasing or bad reading. I'll go with the latter.

It means you can't Regenerate the wound. Bloodgruel isn't regeneration. Simple, eh?

Elannion
16-01-2006, 00:23
Yeah i wasn't too sure i thought that it was that but i didnt wanna get it wrong and then end up in a dispute, because although bloodgruel isn't regenaration in the rules sense, healing your wounds could be described as regenerating the wounds.

NakedFisherman
16-01-2006, 02:29
Yeah i wasn't too sure i thought that it was that but i didnt wanna get it wrong and then end up in a dispute, because although bloodgruel isn't regenaration in the rules sense, healing your wounds could be described as regenerating the wounds.

Genuine curiosity here -- how could using Bloodgruel to regain wounds be "described as regenerating the wounds"?

athamas
16-01-2006, 08:43
i trhink he is thinking in the traditional sense of the word regenerate..

ie gaining back woulds would be seen as regereration.. howerer in WHFB regereration, and regaining wounds are different things...

T10
16-01-2006, 09:29
in this spell it says that the wound caused by it cannot be regenerated,

That would be a reference to the Regeneration special ability.

Note that successful Regeneration can bring models back from the "dead", meaning that a model with 1W remaining might survive if he had the opportunity to regenerate. Healing typically cannot work on dead models, meaning that the subject must have at least 1W remaining when healed.

-T10

ZomboCom
16-01-2006, 22:53
Regeneration (capitialised) is different in warhammer than regaining wounds by any other method. Regeneration refers only to the Regeneration special rule.