PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Vs. Vampire Counts: 2250

Ax'ataxa
19-09-2009, 04:57
So i ran into a new player at my local games workshop today and he happened to play V.C. so i decided to give it a go since he was not our usual power gamer crowd.

So i was using my tournament of champions list, the slan, 4 diciplines, a skink chief, scar-vet, and priest, 2 units of 20 saurus warriors, 3 units of skinks, 3 terradons, and 2 steadons.

He had 3 vamps, and a white king BSB, 2 units of ghouls, a units of skeletons, some fel bats, some dogs, wraiths, a cart, and vargulf and some grave guard.

I set up first but he won the roll off and went first.

The first turn was prety slow, he moved up and so did i, we both got off spell and i miscast with my slann and rolled an eight so it was not so bad.

The second turn found us both close to each others lines, he cast macbre and i used the cube ... and rolled a ONE!!!! so his lord in G.G. smashed into my saurus block without the scar vet, he raised some bats as well and some ghouls, and shooting was dismal on both sides. My other saurus warriors and steg moved in and killed a unit of dogs and my saurus ran into his ghouls while my steg stayed. and my steg on the left flank did the same to his second unit of ghouls. The steg and saurus blew the ghouls up and smashed into his ghouls with my warriors and held with the steg, the other steg blew up the ghouls and ran forward 5". my saurus where reduced to exactly half and got away, losing their champ in the process.and some skinks died to his vamp hero on the right flank and ran away, he did not persue and left 8/10 alive.

The third turn can be summed up as mass carnage (also my saurus rallied), spells included me whiping face with clansing flare and burning gaze, he couldnt rais anything because i matched his power with my dispel pool. the charges inclueded his vamp hero and 6 1/2 bats charing my stegadon ( reduce to four after clensing flare went off, more skeletons from his vampress hero died, and more wraiths died along with the corpse cart). The saurus that ran rallied on an 8 and the shooting began. he did two wounds to my stegadon with his banshee's howl, and i shot at his varguhlf again with my staf of the lost sun and he made 2 regen of two :(. the stegadon did so much damage and his hero and bats did so little that it turned out a tie, and my terradons ( whom i neglected to tell you who charged and did two wounds to the cart) where killed after doing no wounds and losing to a fear causing enemy and landing on the wraiths on their run away. and the stegy died to the wraiths too. :((( Also my saurus were boged down by the ghouls though i won the battle.

Turn four saw a turn for the best. he charged the remaining saurus and my slan is charged by the hero and her 8 skeletons and the last wraith. my slann had moved out an equal distance between the central units earlier. he raised some G.G. and some bats, and nothing els, cause he miscasts and rolls an 8 as i did earlier ending his magic phase. the skinks rally (yay -_-) my magic phase saw him reduced to one wraith 3 skeletons, 2 bat bases and no ghouls, and his varguhlf vaporized. The steadon won, and crumbled the hero and the remaining bats from combat rez. and my slan held because i had cast guardian light and rolled a 5 after losing by 2. he destroyed the saurus block.

The fifth turn was intense, his lord left the unit(after turning arround) to charge mine since he was the only one who could hurt him ( he van helse'd himself and i couldnt stop it). my units lined up to charge his grave guard. The flare did its job again, nocking the skeletons down to one, and nothing much els because i rolled horribly low. the combats where lousy and no magic got off except i did destroy the wraith and put two wounds on his lord with flare and healed the slann one wound and made him ITP but he lost two wounds in combat. and he rolls double ones to stay in combat.

Turn six, the end is nigh! he gets no magic off, i get nothing off either because there isnt much i can do and him either. the only charges are my cold one scar vet and stegadon to his grave guard. there is no shooting. the grave guard are punded by seven impact hits, four strength five attacks, four str 3 and four strenght 5 flaming -2 to armor attacks(which see off his white king in a challenge) in all i do 7 wounds, i have out number, and he has 1 rank and a banner, so he crumbles to below half strenght and i get the points. my slan is not so lucky, even though he made the lord ws. one he took 2 more wounds and was run down cause i rolled a seven when i needed a six to stay he took one more wound but was still run down. So we tallied up the paints, all in all with the TQ's and banners, he had about 800 to my 1000 (rounded off to make things simpler) so the match ended in a well fought draw.

If you would like to know about finer details please do not hesitate to post questions, i will be more than willing to answer. especialy about my tactics, crazy as they may seem. i also have a nice back ground for my army if you'd like to hear that too ^_^

MasterSparks
19-09-2009, 06:56
You haven't given us the conclusion yet but going by the poll options I'll take a guess at that you were defeated? This pleases me as I'll always root for my fellow Vampire Counts. :p

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

Ax'ataxa
20-09-2009, 05:28
thanks all for vewing, i hope you enjoy and till then may Quetzle protect and keep the spirit of Sotek alive!

Ax'ataxa
21-09-2009, 14:52
anyone have any ideas on how i could change up my tactics for the next time i face him?

vinny t
21-09-2009, 15:02
Well I thought that you did a decent job. The main mistake I found was getting charged by the GG. I'm not sure on the positioning but if you had fled you might have been able to get in a flank or two.

JUst my 2 cents!

Ax'ataxa
22-09-2009, 02:01
i wish i could have, but do you get a charge reaction from the van hels dance? also i did not have much facing that way, he got into my flanks while everyone els charges forward/

YTY
22-09-2009, 04:57
Yes, you do get a charge reaction from vanhels.

Ax'ataxa
22-09-2009, 05:05
dang, i should have ran, i thought it was like "the wolf hunts" where you just run into them without a reaction.

Dungeon_Lawyer
22-09-2009, 18:06
I have a a question regarding the cube Im a bit confused by this quote:

"The second turn found us both close to each others lines, he cast macbre and i used the cube ... and rolled a ONE!!!! so his lord in G.G. smashed into my saurus block without the scar vet"

How did you play the cube here-? Was your opponents attempt of Vanhels on the lord and GG the one you decided to activate the cube on? If so, it should have been dispelled automatically, THEN you roll the d6 to see if the magic phase ends.....

Ax'ataxa
23-09-2009, 00:24
well it did dispell it, but he had a second vamp with the dance, and i failed to dispel it sadly :(

KHolbourn
23-09-2009, 12:23
Unlucky. Sounds like you did okay throughout the game.
As a lizardman player could you help me out? In an upcoming league match I'm playing a Lizard player with a 20 strong temple guard unit w/Gor-Rox and a 500 point whopper Slaan. As part of the league the lists are all online but I don't have time before the game next week to get to the shop to find out what abilties his Slaan has?

slann mage-priest
-focus of mystery
-the focused rumination Bonus power die per spell?
-higher state of consciousness
-unfathomable pressance
divine plaque of protection 2+ ward for him But does it apply to his unit?
cupped hands of the old ones Ignore the first miscast per turn?

Do any of his abilities apply to the Temple Guard unit or is it just the Immune to Psychology & Stubborn (though that's quite enough I think!)

Cheers for any help

Ax'ataxa
23-09-2009, 13:20
they just get to be ITP and stubborn, all of that stuff is bassically in his llittle "bubble" of a shield, except if you give him MR(3) then it WILL in fact apply to the group but that is it.

Dungeon_Lawyer
23-09-2009, 17:14
[QUOTE=KHolbourn;3976215]Unlucky. Sounds like you did okay throughout the game.
As a lizardman player could you help me out? In an upcoming league match I'm playing a Lizard player with a 20 strong temple guard unit w/Gor-Rox and a 500 point whopper Slaan. As part of the league the lists are all online but I don't have time before the game next week to get to the shop to find out what abilties his Slaan has?

slann mage-priest
-focus of mystery--KNOWS ALL SPELLS IN ONE LORE
-the focused rumination Bonus power die per spell?+1 POWER DICE PER SPELL ATTEMPT
-higher state of consciousness-ONLY MAGICAL ATTACKS HARM THE SLANN
-unfathomable pressance-MAGIC RESISTENCE 3
divine plaque of protection 2+ ward for him But does it apply to his unit?ONLY HIM AND ONLY APPLIES TO RANGED ATTACKS
cupped hands of the old ones Ignore the first miscast per turn?ONE USE ONLY ROLLS A D6 MISCAST IGNORED ON A 2+ AND ITS EFFECTS ARE BOUNCED TO AN ENEMY CASTER IF ONE IS IN LOS.....

Do any of his abilities apply to the Temple Guard unit or is it just the Immune to Psychology & Stubborn (though that's quite enough I think!) MR 3 WILL APPLY

APOLOGY FOR THE CAPS IF THEY ARE FOUND TO BE ANNOYING

KHolbourn
23-09-2009, 19:04
[QUOTE=KHolbourn;3976215]Unlucky. Sounds like you did okay throughout the game.

slann mage-priest
-focus of mystery--KNOWS ALL SPELLS IN ONE LORE
-the focused rumination Bonus power die per spell?+1 POWER DICE PER SPELL ATTEMPT
-higher state of consciousness-ONLY MAGICAL ATTACKS HARM THE SLANN
-unfathomable pressance-MAGIC RESISTENCE 3
divine plaque of protection 2+ ward for him But does it apply to his unit?ONLY HIM AND ONLY APPLIES TO RANGED ATTACKS
cupped hands of the old ones Ignore the first miscast per turn?ONE USE ONLY ROLLS A D6 MISCAST IGNORED ON A 2+ AND ITS EFFECTS ARE BOUNCED TO AN ENEMY CASTER IF ONE IS IN LOS.....
Do any of his abilities apply to the Temple Guard unit or is it just the Immune to Psychology & Stubborn (though that's quite enough I think!) MR 3 WILL APPLY
APOLOGY FOR THE CAPS IF THEY ARE FOUND TO BE ANNOYING

they just get to be ITP and stubborn, all of that stuff is bassically in his llittle "bubble" of a shield, except if you give him MR(3) then it WILL in fact apply to the group but that is it.

Thanks very much to both of you for that info. Means I may well just avoid the Death Star of Slaan, Gor-Rox and 20 Temple Guard as I'm not sure what can take them down save maybe a few well placed rockets/cannons.

Any suggestions? Likely 2K opponent will bring the deathstar unit; 24 saurus w/spear, lvl 2 skink, 2x12 skink and either steg Or 8 cold ones Or another 24 spear saraus.

My available stuff is the normal mix of infantry I run (1 cannon, 1 rocket, 1 hellblaster). League lists can all actualy be seen on the Pigmar forum. (pigmar.co.uk (http://pigmar.co.uk))

Ax'ataxa
24-09-2009, 02:45
take as much artillery you can muster, take some huntsmen to take care of the skinks, and some blocks with warrior priests in 'em. thats about the jist of the list i'd try to pull off in a 2k list, dont worry about magic, you just need to shoot and let the warrior priests dispel stuff and do their prayers. and maybe some flagellants, they're always a hoot.

Dungeon_Lawyer
25-09-2009, 20:27
[QUOTE=Dungeon_Lawyer;3976920]

Any suggestions? Likely 2K opponent will bring the deathstar unit; 24 saurus w/spear, lvl 2 skink, 2x12 skink and either steg Or 8 cold ones Or another 24 spear saraus.

My available stuff is the normal mix of infantry I run (1 cannon, 1 rocket, 1 hellblaster). League lists can all actualy be seen on the Pigmar forum. (pigmar.co.uk (http://pigmar.co.uk))

Id make sure to take aldred's casket of socery for sure, and maybe 1 or 2 of the MR magic items available to the empire. My guess is he will take lore of metal and you are going to definetly want to capture spirit of the forge in the casket and then eleminate it from the game.....