PDA

View Full Version : Need a WOC a.s.a.p!

Rosstifer
19-09-2009, 07:23
For some reason I have agreed to a 2250 game of fantasy tommorow, even though my two boxes of marauders haven't arrived. So. I need to build a 2250 point list out of the following by tommorrow, Oh, and I have no idea who i'll be facing!!!

Khorne Lord on Juggernaut
Slaanesh Sorc/Exalted Champion
Khorne Exalted Champion
Chaos Sorc
12x Chaos Warriors with Hw, S, Command
12x Chaos Warriors with Hw, S, Command
5x Marauder Horsemen, Command
5x Chaos Knights, Command
1x Chaos Giant

So yeah. Not exactly ideal. I'm going to have to kit things out waaay too much for my liking.

Ideas?

Bloodless
19-09-2009, 07:48
Personally, I think you are going to have to "over tool" your heros. If your opponent runs a lot of artillery or goes magic heavy you are going to find yourself in a tight spot. In all reality I think your warrior blocks are entirely to small, i would not run under 15 in a squad. Sorry I cant help more. Good luck!

Unuhexium
19-09-2009, 10:47
I don't agree with Bloodless on the topic of the warriors. 12 guys deployed as 6x2 is the most efficient formation. It's getting hard to estimate how many times it's been stated on this forum. 15 guys deployed as 5x3 is hell to beat in combat, but you're paying around 90 pts for that last point of CR that you lose if anyone in the unit dies and then they end up being roughly as effective as 12 guys anyway.

I do agree that overtooling is probably the way to go here, both for units and heroes. Try to make them as tough/hard hitting as possible, but without totaly wasting points.

Put the lord on jugger with the horsemen so he can take advantage of the fast cav rule and give the horsemen flails light armour and maybe throwing axes.

You can put your sorcerers in a warrior unit togehter with the hero for protection. Give one of the sorcs Skull of Katam and the other guy Collar of khorne so the unit gets some MR and both sorcs have an easier time casting spells. Give the unit they're in MoT and the standard for protection against ranged attacks (can't remeber which).

Give the warriors halberds in excess to wht they already have and some magic standards for extra trickyness.

Knights should have Mark of Nurgle and Banner of Rage. They become really hard to kill and hit like a truck full of angry bricks (that doesn't really make sense...)

Finaly, give the giant MoS for some ASF goodness.

Bloodless
19-09-2009, 17:12
Knights should have Mark of Nurgle and Banner of Rage. They become really hard to kill and hit like a truck full of angry bricks (that doesn't really make sense...)

Well put, could not have said it better myself.:p