PDA

View Full Version : A novice magic weapon question

Mabus
19-09-2009, 12:39
I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to clear something up for me.

Do magic weapons allow armour saves?

The enscrolled weapons of the Chaos knights are classed as magic weapons and I have been lead to believe these weapons ignore armour saves. When I checked the rules for magic weapons in the rulebook, no mention of save ignoring capabilites were mentioned. I am a little confused. Can someone please claer this up for me?

narrativium
19-09-2009, 12:54
Magical weapons only ignore armour saves when their rules say they do. They're not power weapons, as in 40K.

The main benefit of attacks described as magical is that they get to attack ethereal creatures, or negate forest spirit ward saves.

Onidan
19-09-2009, 12:56
Magic weapons do allow, unless otherwise mentioned, armor saves. Only magic weapons with the description "Does not allow armor saves" or similar do so.

There are, however, some ward saves that are not allowed to be taken against magic attacks. And Ethereal creatures can only harmed by magic attacks.

theunwantedbeing
19-09-2009, 13:00
The issue here is that your beliving the words of a human being, over the words written into the rulebook.
Stop doing that.

The rulebook says what happens, follow that and ignore anything else anyone says.

Reinnon
19-09-2009, 13:08
magic weapons are not like power weapons in 40K.

Mabus
19-09-2009, 14:50
Thanks for the quick response guys, it's appreciated.

"The issue here is that your beliving the words of a human being, over the words written into the rulebook.
Stop doing that."

The funny thing is that I was informed of that by a fellow Warseer and so it just goes to show that not every piece of internet wisdom can be trusted.

Thanks again guys.

theunwantedbeing
19-09-2009, 14:57
Thanks for the quick response guys, it's appreciated.

"The issue here is that your beliving the words of a human being, over the words written into the rulebook.
Stop doing that."

The funny thing is that I was informed of that by a fellow Warseer and so it just goes to show that not every piece of internet wisdom can be trusted.

Thanks again guys.

Hey...people on warseer are people too. Probably.

Mabus
19-09-2009, 16:00
I'd just have prefered it if that person had been sure of the rule before informing me, a noviceof warhammer... besides, the point I was trying to make supports your argument.

Ultimate Life Form
19-09-2009, 17:15
The rulebook says what happens, follow that and ignore anything else anyone says.

This is hilarious in it strange contradictoriness...:p

Condottiere
19-09-2009, 19:21
Hey...people on warseer are people too. Probably.Could be 'bots programmed to respond with random answers by some sociologist writing a thesis on the Turing Test.

Griefbringer
19-09-2009, 20:20
Could be 'bots programmed to respond with random answers by some sociologist writing a thesis on the Turing Test.

Isn't that what the Mail Order rulez boyz were?

Drachen_Jager
20-09-2009, 04:33
Well there is one case in which Chaos Knights weapons do not allow an armour save. If the opponent has a save of 5+ or 6+...

Mabus
21-09-2009, 20:04
Thanks for clearing that one up for me guys, it's appreicated.

Max1mum
23-09-2009, 10:53

is there internet wisdom that -can- be trusted ?!

Col. Frost
25-09-2009, 11:06
is there internet wisdom that -can- be trusted ?!

98.3% of all internet wisdom and facts are true. Fact.

Mabus
25-09-2009, 11:10
64.7% of statistics are made up. 49.1% of people believe that.