PDA

View Full Version : double effective warshrine???

reign beaux
19-09-2009, 12:41
hey there warseer,
i am currently planning a woc list that contains a unit of warriors, a warshrine and a disc. i was planning to start with the disc rider in the warriors and then in the first shooting phase target the whole thing with the shrine. i was wondering if by technicality it would affect the character too? and seeing as the character has favour of the gods weither i would be able to add or subtract 1 to this role. then i planned to fly the disc out would he retain whatever bonuses he gained? thanks in advance

Monsterzonk
19-09-2009, 12:53
BRB p.72: "Characters mounted on flying creatures cannot join units."
Also, check the WoC FAQ on the GW website. When the character leaves the unit that has the blessing, he is no longer part of it and thus loses the effects.

So, no, you cannot do that.

Jiggy
19-09-2009, 12:59
Characters joining the unit do not get the EotG bonus.It is clearly stated on the army book.

Monsterzonk
19-09-2009, 13:10
Characters joining the unit do not get the EotG bonus.It is clearly stated on the army book.

It only says so in the Chosen entry, and there it only concerns the roll the Chosen get at the start of battle, and not the blessing from a Warshrine. I cannot find it anywhere else, maybe you can enlighten me?

EDIT: The FAQ suggests that characters that have joined a unit that is then blessed by the Warshrine actually do benefit from its effects, otherwise there would be no point in losing the blessing when leaving the unit.

Cheers,
Monsterzonk :skull:

Avian
19-09-2009, 14:25
Characters in units blessed by the Warshrine benefit as long as they are part of the unit, yes.

Jiggy
19-09-2009, 17:05
Damn sorry there are currently about 3 threads concerning chosen and characters so I thought I was posting on one of them :/

skarsniktheunclean
19-09-2009, 18:58
Unfortunately characters on flying mounts may not join units.

just out of curiosity can a nurgle lord on palaquin join a unit of infantry???

cheers
matt

Ramius4
19-09-2009, 19:02

cheers
matt

Yes, as can any other mounted character unless they are a flyer, or it is specified otherwise. Even characters riding Stegadons and Carnosaurs can join units for instance.

snottlebocket
20-09-2009, 13:26

cheers
matt

He can and it's quite benificial for marauder units. He takes up most of the front rank, reducing the amount of attacks hitting the more fragile marauders. At the same time it adds a fear causing element and 6 poison attacks to the marauder front rank. Not to mention that he takes up four spots in the unit, could help their rankbonus.