PDA

View Full Version : Where should I go with my Lizardmen from here?

101st Vostroyan
19-09-2009, 14:51
I recently aquired a decently sized lizardmen army for free, and was wondering what I need next.

I have:
1 slann mage priest
2 skink priests
2 skink warchiefs
1 oldblood on cold one (I think thats what they are called)
1 oldblood on foot

5 temple guard
16 saurus w/ command
8 cold one riders
30 skinks
1 salamander
1 stegadon

I was thinking along the lines of 10 temple guard, and another unit of saurus.

Opinions on where to go next?

vinny t
19-09-2009, 15:12
Get another box of
-TG
-Saurus
-Cold Ones

THat way you could take 3* 12 Saurus, 14 TG, and 3*5 CoR

Jetty Smurf
19-09-2009, 15:26
16 tends to be the magic number for temple guard with a slann, but its easily possible to make do with 15 (14), and thus, a box of TG would definitely be one of my recommended purchases.

You definitely need to get some saurus warriors. I recommend buying another box, or even a battalion box (since you get 20 in the battalion box, which will up your total to 36, perfect for 2 units of 18 (mmm lots of magic numbers in this post)).

Other than that, personally, I love the stegadon, not just for its potential on the battlefield, but the 7th ed model is so nice, and the steg itself is both quick and easy to assemble (as to the howdah, its a little more effort, what with actual mold lines, depending on what you choose to run with).

Another salamander is also a worthy purchase, as most prefer to run those in units of 2 or 3.

More skinks! You can never have too many skinks.

Terradons. How did it take me this long to see that you have no terradons in that list there. I know it is not your fault, but all will be forgiven once you get yourself 3, 6, or even 9 (depending on your financial status) terradons. Pricey, yes. Worth it, god yes!