8 Wardancers @ 151 Pts

6 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 199 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Spear; Light Armour; Fast Cavalry;
War Banner

4 Tree Kin @ 260 Pts

Great Eagle @ 50 Pts

6 Waywatchers @ 144 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2000

The Wild rider noble rides with the treekin. The main problem with this list is that I have no magic defence. But I figure that the alter noble or eagle can go hunting quite fast to take care of most mage. The thing that scares me the most he's a monted lord on a dragon or a greater deamon.

I would like to have some feedback and comments on how to improve the list. I tried to fit a treeman instead of the eagle and waywatcher but couldn't find the points to squeeze him in.

Thanks.

PeG
19-09-2009, 16:02
You have one unit in the list that I never use and a couple that I rarely use. The one I never use is the eternal guards. In my opinion having a single ranked unit that is either very expensive or that have very limited rank bonuses and is still not that good in combat isnt worth the points. A single wound will take your unit down to +1 for ranks.

I would take these out of the list and add a scroll caddy.

The units I rarely use are highborns, WE LD is rather high anyway and they cost a lot of points for what they can do. The exception is if I want a forrest dragon. Instead of him I would probably take either a branchwraith with cluster of radiants or another scroll caddy. Together with the remaining points from the eternal guards you should also have anough points for an additional unit or to get your treeman into the list.

Finally I rarely use wild riders but a lot of people likes them since they add some hitting power to the list. I prefer a unit of glade riders for march blocking and hitting things with trees.

cyberspite
19-09-2009, 20:46
The only thing that can march block / redirect is the eagle, I think you could do with either some warhawks or glade riders to help with this, and I'm not a big fan of eternal guard either

jahorin
20-09-2009, 08:05
Thanks for the input. Be removing the highborn, the eternal guard, and the waywatcher. I managed to put a branchwraith lvl, 1 with cluster of radiant, a treeman and a unit of 5 glade rider with a musician.

I really like the wild rider they have proven their worth on many occasion. Here's my revised list.

Now the list look like this :

1 Branchwraith @ 140 Pts
Level 1 Wizard; A Cluster of Radiants

Wood Elf Noble @ 172 Pts
General; Wild Rider Kindred; Hand Weapon; Longbow; Spear; Light Armour
The Horn of the Asrai, An Annoyance of Netlings

Wood Elf Noble @ 158 Pts
Alter Kindred; Hand Weapon; Longbow; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield
The Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts

6 Glade Riders @ 153 Pts
Musician

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Wardancers @ 151 Pts
Musician

6 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 199 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Spear; Light Armour; Fast Cavalry;
War Banner

4 Tree Kin @ 260 Pts

1 Great Eagle @ 50 Pts

1 Treeman @ 285 Pts

The thing I'm not too sure about is, should I get the branchwraith or put a lvl 1 scroll caddy. Again I'm looking for feedback and opinion on this. Thanks in advance.

cyberspite
20-09-2009, 12:19
My feeling is the caddy would be more effective, having a couple of scrolls for those spells you really have to avoid is better than an extra DD. I don't like caddies but the branchwraith is sort of half-way fighty, half-way magic and ends-up doing neither very well.

The rest of the list looks good, very balanced, but I think the wild rider noble must have either elven steed/stag

jahorin
21-09-2009, 01:07
I feel the same about the branchwraith, I'll have to test it out before the tourney. Indeed, the wild rider noble is riding a steed. I don't have enought pooint to squeeze in the stag. I prefer a great eagle for the same number of points.