PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs 1000 points

oma
19-09-2009, 22:48
Thane
Gw, Shield, Rune of Stone

Mr Sturdy himself. Wields a GW if needed, and fends off dangerous challenges with his shield.

Thane
Bsb

Didnt have points for much upgrading, but will plan to keep him out of combat if i feel he is in danger, he is still a WS5,T5,4+AS model. And to give the 10 warriors an edge against fast chav if i am unlucky with armoursaves.

20 Dwarf Warriors
Shield, Full Command

Not many can take this on in a 1000 point battle.

10 Quarrellers
Ranger upgrade, shields 150

Wanted Rangers, and these are for taking out fast chav. But with few units deploying, i dont know where his fast chav is going to be. Being scouts help out with that. If i feel lucky, i place them within a building ^^

10 Dwarf Warriors
Shields

Keeping it cheap, but still durable against most fast chav and can direct other units away from my more point costly units, longbeardsupgrade is pretty expensive in 1000 point battle.

15 Hammerers 195
Shields

Mr Sturdy's bodyguard. Should hold against anything that does not cause fear. Might want a banner for that, what you say?

Bolt Thrower
Engi

Bolt Thrower
Engi

7 miners 77

For taking out small stuff and capturing table quarters - maybe help the rangers - but mostly for not ending up with a boring list, with no movment outside deployment.

Seabo
20-09-2009, 01:53
Uhm if I am looking at this right you have 4 characters in a 1k list...max of 3....
Need an FC for your Hammerers.

oma
20-09-2009, 09:19
If you could help me to understand how you are reading this as 4 characters, when in fact it is only two, each with a description of what tactics they have and equiptment loadouts, then i will try and change my regular format to hinder such elements again. (Not to mention that there is only 2 times in my list there is an entery for Thane, and no entries for Runesmith, Dragon Slayer or Master Engineer.)

The hammerers dont need a banner, as they are not supposed to win fights alone anyway, but get help from the support units if possible.

lcfr
20-09-2009, 17:23
Thane
Bsb

You don't really need this guy at 1k imo.

20 Dwarf Warriors
Shield, Full Command

Throw in a few more. If you take a single casualty from magic or shooting you lose a point of CR.

10 Dwarf Warriors
Shields

Drop these guys and another 30pts and you have yourself and Organ Gun...seems much more useful than 10 warriors.

15 Hammerers 195
Shields

If you have spare points they should go first and foremost to getting a few runes for your BTs...RPenetrating to take out chariots and RBurnings to help take on nasty regenerating monsters and flammable treejerks. If you have points left over after that then sure, give these guys a banner.