PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Pts all - comers Orcs, Butt Kicking list!

Jind_Singh
20-09-2009, 06:35
Hello Warseer,
What do you think about the following list? I want to create a force worthy of Gork & Mork, and try to put the word 'respect' back in the same sentance as 'Orcs & Goblins'.
Here is my list:

Characters:

Orc Warboss, Heavy Armour, enchanted sheild, gnashas, boss at, and Agricts basha. He is on a boar - So now we have a 2+ armour save, 5+ ward save, killing blow, re-roll misses in combat with +1 str in 1st round of combat.

Orc Big Boss, BSB, Gork Totem, boar, spear, light armour. Standard 4+ save, and upto 3 dispell die from his bannor.

Goblin Shaman, wof chariot, 2 dispell scrolls
Goblin Shaman, wolf chariot, staff of sneaky stealing.
Since I will never get upper hand in the magic field I might as well just shut down the enemy with these scroll caddies. HOWEVER, the chariots mean they deploy behind my battle lines and use the chariots to break anything that dares flank me, come round my rears (bloody fliers for eg). Later, once they use the scrolls up, they can do a reckless charge - 18" charge is deadly!

CORE UNITS

26 Orc boyz, sheilds, full command - park warlord here
26 Orc boyz, sheilds, full comman - park warboss here
20 Night Gobbo Archers, musician, 1 fanatic
6 Spider Riders, bows, musician

The idea is to have 2 HUGE boyz units for static combat res - and with str 4 on the 1st turn of combat they might even win a few scraps! Being boyz they waagh pretty well too - sneak attack on the enemy battlelines
The spiders are fast cav and do what fast cav do, run around and shoot at things, misdirect the enemy, flank charge, hunt warmachines, screen my main battlelines, etc, etc. Night Gobbos are more for fun - enemy might think I took 3 fanatics - but there are just there to scare people. And I got myself a nice unit under 100pts which can hold table quarters and shoot shortbows!

SPECIAL

15 Blackorcs, full command, shields, bannor of butchery (+1 attack once)
Pretty much love Blackorcs - They are so versatile on the battlefield, last game 20 black orcs charged a darkelf hydra and caused 3 wounds - they won combat and ran the damn beast down!! Hurrah!

5 Squig hoppers - I put these behind my main army battle line and use them to menance any fast cav/fliers who try to march block me.then when the time is right they come out and eat people!

WAR MACHINES

Rock lobba with bully
2 Spear chuckas with bullies
Doom Diver
What can I say? I think Orcs got some of the best access to warmachines, I can use the bolt throwers to snipe at large targets, the doom diver/rock lobber kill monstors/high armour save units/blocks of infantary

RARE
Giant
I cant, and I mean cant, leave home without a giant as he is so much fun! SOmetimes I get really lucky and he lives past turn 1 and does something! I take him because he is such a great magent for attracting enemy warmachine/missle fire. For 205 pts he is a bargin for the damge he absorbs that would otherwise be killing my mani battle line.

So thats it - what do you guys think? Can I tweak it anymore? Anything Ive overlooked? Have you played the above list -if so what do you think?

thanks all

Time of Madness
20-09-2009, 12:49
Looks fairly solid.

I think you've spent too many points on shutting the magic phase down. You should be good enough with the Spirit totem and 1 level 1 shaman with 2 scrolls. The extra shaman with sneaky stealing is not needed in my opinion.

This would free up a character slot and allow you do a few different things.
Time of Madness

Axis
20-09-2009, 15:08
Looks pretty good, any reason why your general isnt a black orc apart from points? Access to heavy armour and quell animosity and the increased WS makes him worth it IMO.

Maybe consider some wolf riders instead of 1 unit of spider riders. The M9 is very handy and i doubt there will be enough terrain to justify 3 units of spiders (though i do love them!)

I personally like greenskin magic and two lvl 2's could be irritating but i understand your reasoning behind it all so that is all cool. I'd probably prefer a staff of sorcery over the stealin staff.. i find it more worthwhile (its cheaper too!).

Jind_Singh
20-09-2009, 19:57
Thanks for the replies - heres some reasons why I didnt go certain ways, but please correct me if you have more experiance as I dont have that many games with the greenskins in this edition

1) I would love to drop the 2nd castor but we have so many deamons, dark elves, undead, and chaos players that I feel 1 castor wont give me enough defence to shut down their magic phase. As I am primarilary an infantary horde I need at least 2-3 turns to get engaged in combat hence so much defence to help me get there in 1 piece!!

2) I also love green skin magic and normally always take 2 level 2 to (hopefully) get the hand of gork - my favorite spell of all time! But I looked long and hard at the list and decided to grab 100 pts of more troops over magic - which is never reliable anyway!

3) Regular Orcs v's Black Orc characters - I dont know why I dont do this really, I think it's because I only got my black orc unit last week so I havent had time to adjust my mindset - before I refused to take them as I belive (firmly) that a black orc bigboss/warlord has no business leading a green horde WITHOUT at least 1 unit of blackorcs - makes no sense in him leaving his 'boyz' behind.
But now I do have the 15 strong unit so I guess I could - and at least make my entire orc battleline immune to animosity - mmmm, let me dwell on this and see if I can easily reduce some points to get the +1 armour save - meaning a 1+ for my lord and a 3+ for the BSB.....
4) Wolf Boyz - well I would love, and I mean love, to field these buggers. Sadly I own 60 spider riders and zero wolf boyz so its a question of what I can field. I do have lots of other stuff, 30 more orc boyz, millions of night gobs, 4 orc chariots, 12 boar boyz, 6 trolls, 12 bases of snotlings = but sadly no squig herder teams, wolf boyz, any savage orc of any kind, pump wagons so please keep that in mind.

AS it stands I will have to buy a doomdiver and the 2 goblin chariots to make this list - so I am thinking of making 2 orc shamans with orc boar chariots as it might be cheaper on my wallet which is lean this year.

Deglosh
20-09-2009, 20:16
i feel the pain m8. I have to buy 10 herds, 2 chukkas, a shaman on boar and one on foot, and a pack of more boyz to complete my list =) hehe

shredshredxx
21-09-2009, 03:13
i'm liking it, looks pretty gnarly.

on your lord, do you mean the akkrit axe, or martog's basha?? i can't figure out which weap you're referring to.

do you find that rock lobbas are worth their points??

the way i see it you can get almost 3 spear chukkas for the cost of one lobba, and speak chukkas do more damage.

i'm worried about your blorcs. they attract missle fire like no other, since they look so scary and what not. i don't think a unit as small as 15 will make it across the board when you're facing any army that has at least decent shooting. buff the size of the unit, or get them a bigger/better screen!!

Jind_Singh
21-09-2009, 03:52
i'm liking it, looks pretty gnarly.

on your lord, do you mean the akkrit axe, or martog's basha?? i can't figure out which weap you're referring to.
I like Akkrit's axe - reroll misses and +1 strength in 1st time
do you find that rock lobbas are worth their points??
are you kidding!! I LOOOVVVEEE rock lobbas - quite honestly the only things supposed to (And I say this as I dont own one so I cant directly compare) be doomdivers. Every game rock my rock lobba does wonders, it's got to be the most reliable unit I own. It's killed monstors, knights, warmachines, you name it! And as for my 2 spear chuckas - what the hell! Crappy things need a 5+ to hit a target, THEN they roll to wound. There are too many variables and you cant rely on them doing their job.With a rock lobba it's down to your guess range (in my case I'm pretty good for my money unless I am operating at the maximum ranges)
the way i see it you can get almost 3 spear chukkas for the cost of one lobba, and speak chukkas do more damage.

i'm worried about your blorcs. they attract missle fire like no other, since they look so scary and what not. i don't think a unit as small as 15 will make it across the board when you're facing any army that has at least decent shooting. buff the size of the unit, or get them a bigger/better screen!!
I know - but my issue is I only got them last week, used them for the 1st time v's dark elves. In that game I took 20, and seven died in 1st round of combat v's hydra but I still beat it! (I had 3 ranks, a std, outnumber, and 3 wounds, so combat res of 8 v's his 7. To cap it off he rolled a 10 for his break test and I ran his fat **** down!

Actually when I took the unit of 20 I was able to use them as a normal unit, but if I play them 15 strong then I will be shielding them with my spiders/terrain/or other units. They are too vunerable. UNLESS I want them to be shot at as it means my other units can engage in combat.....

Jind_Singh
22-09-2009, 06:44
any more tips anyone?

Deglosh
22-09-2009, 12:28
just wanna say, for 70 (75) points, the lobba is worth its points and dubble. =)