PDA

View Full Version : Mono slanesh list

darthham
20-09-2009, 13:06
hi i was just wondering hw well this list would do in a semi competive environment

lords
keeper of secrets level 4 wizard spirit swallower 645

heros
herald of slaanesh sierien song and level one wizard 165
herald of slaanesh battle standard sirene song level one wizard great icon of despair 265

Core
18 demonets of slaanesh standard bearer sirene standard 253

total 1999

the one thing im not sure about is the keeper of secrets is their a better build for it

oCoYoRoAoKo
20-09-2009, 18:36
tbh, the only really scary thing in the list is the KoS. With only 3 units of daemonettes, there isnt enough variety or leeway incase your plans dont quite come together.

In my mind, slaanesh is all about speed (sooo many fast troops) and Ld tampering. So, changes i would make, still keeping with mono-slaanesh in mind:

KoS:

Im not a fan of spirit swallower on the KoS. It takes up all of your points and relies on good combat results to work. I would rather take Siren Song, Allure, Torment Blade, Soul Hunger. This comes in at less the the swallower, gives you more protection in combat, a better first round thanks to the soul hunger, and gives a Siren Song to boot. Magic levels on the Keeper are really just a matter of personal choice but i tend to use mine just for the dispel dice and save on the points getting him from lvl3-4.

Heralds:

Ive never been sold on magic levels on heralds outside Tzentch. Its 50 points for one shot at a spell (even if it is the handy stupidity beam) and a DD but i think the 150 you save could be better invested on something like fiends for some good fast killing power. Also, I tend to put etherblades on my slaanesh heralds as with their low strength, you really need some anti-armor in there. Also, the herald with the icon would benefit from a steed so she can cruise around with the keeper helping in the Ld department. Finally, depending on how you feel about special characters, i would consider putting the masque in the list. The Ld sapping power is like gold dust when combined with the standard of despair, and shes good at harrasing war machines and smaller units.

Troops:

I see where your going with the large daemonette units so if you want to keep the 3 foot heralds, keep as is. I would consider though removing the siren standards and buying champions so that the heralds can concentrate on killing the enemy if a challenge comes up.

Other Stuff:

I know theyre hard to come by nowadays but seekers are great. with their m10 and fast cavalry status theyre awesome at nipping round the flanks for combined charges. In the same boat are fiends. I tend to see them as flesh hounds-light but the extra movement and increased number of attacks really help in a tight spot.

hope that helps, and good luck.

Cy.

Jind_Singh
20-09-2009, 19:45
hi i was just wondering hw well this list would do in a semi competive environment

lords
keeper of secrets level 4 wizard spirit swallower 645
look at it this way, you payed the points for spirt swallower which contary to the other posters views I think is amazing. Why? Because he doesnt bloody die! What I do with him is run down a flank, take some warmachine/missle hits and then get into combat. I remember one game he flanked a gravegaurd unit, was flanked and rear charged himself by 2 more units - so surround on 3 sides. He sat there and killed a character at a time with challanges, lost every combat but caused enough wounds to ensure he didn't die from the break test. A few lucky rolls were needed but it allowed the rest of my units to arrive and hit the undead from all over the place.
But slaanesh magic is so wet - it is not worth the points you paid for the 3 extra levels of magic. Just keep him basic lvl 1 and take the basic spell unless you roll for a better one
heros
herald of slaanesh battle standard sirene song level one wizard great icon of despair 265

Core

total 1999

the one thing im not sure about is the keeper of secrets is their a better build for it

with just 3 core units and a keeper this list not give you much fun. You need to consider dropping the unit sizes to 15, and deploy them 6 wide with the extra 4 models at the rear. that gives you points to grab 6 furies and then unit champions for all 3 units
you now got a flier unit which you really need.
dropping the level 3 will allow you to grab a unit of fiends - without at least 1 unit of fiends your doomed as the keeper has no support or back-up. 3 fiends equals 12 str 4 attacks that are armour piercing - I use the fiends to destroy most units - espec when they are WS 3 as I hit on 3's. Combine this with a support chasrge from the keeper and now your cooking!!!
Siren standard is cool but I would suggest this - when you deploy you will always have a vunerable flank - the keeper goes on one with the fiends/furies, but the other flank is naked. Give the unit that is on this flank the icon which makes them stubborn for 1st round of combat - this allows your unit to hold for a crucial turn by whcih time you either get your units facing the right way or it gives you enough time to launch a counter attack on other units
otherwise have fun - pure slaanesh is a cool list to play with, no one really cries about it too much (well apart from this 1 Empire dude, he literally weeped because he couldn't flee with his fast cav!

darthham
20-09-2009, 22:02
ok so after what everyone said i have change my list a bit to hopfully make it more competitve and fun

lords
keeper of secrets spirit swallower 550

heros
the mask of slaanesh 90
herald of slaanesh battle standard sirene song great icon of despair 215
herald of slaanesh sierien song 115

Core
12 demonets of slaanesh standard bearer sirene standard alluress 193
12 demonets of slaanesh standard bearer sirene standard 193
13 demonets of slaanesh standard bearer sirene standard 205
13 demonets of slaanesh standard bearer sirene standard 205
5 furries 60

rare
3 fiends of slaanesh 165

total 1991

jigplums
20-09-2009, 23:17
i would think about exactly what each of those units of daemonettes are going to do, so i would be more likely to field 10, 10, 15full command 15 full command having a herald in each of the larger units, and using the other units to protect flanks, threaten flank charges and taking out small units.

Jind_Singh
20-09-2009, 23:31
since you only have 2 heralds what you can do is:

20 deamonettes, Full command, siren standard - 295 pts
20 deamonettes, full command, siren standard - 295pts
10 deamonettes - 120pts
6 Furies - 72pts
6 Furies - 72pts
3 Fiends - 165pts
3 fiends - 165pts

That is a solid army to play with - 2 huge combat units, a flanking unit, and 2 fiends - amazing buggers - backed with 2 units of furies

You have only spent 1184 pts

Add in Keeper with Spirt Swallower - 550pts

We have 266 pts to play with - so lets think about dropping the 2 big core units to 15 (frees up 120 more pts) which gives us 386 in total - we still need a few more points to get both your heralds so we could even drop 2 furies, and maybe 1 fiend -
but you get my idea - you will have 2 good combat units, a flanking unit, 2 fliers, 2 fiend units, 2 heralds, masque, and the keeper
You put your main battleline down - but dont deploy in the centre of the battlefied - with slaanesh your so fast your better off going extreme flanks and doing the 'refused flank' tactic
place the 2 strong fiend unit on the opposite side to your army and just move them so they are in charge range of the enemy but dont engage - the mere threat of those buggers means that either enemy units will have to divert over to tackle them, but if they ignore them they risk attack!!!

darthham
21-09-2009, 11:36
ok ive taken what u said and changed the list
lords
keeper of secrets spirit swallower 550

heros
the mask of slaanesh 90
herald of slaanesh battle standard sirene song great icon of despair 215
herald of slaanesh sierien song 115

Core
19 demonets of slaanesh full command sirene standard 283
19 demonets of slaanesh full command sirene standard 283
10 demonets of slaanesh 120
5 furries 60
5 furries 60

rare
2 fiends of slaanesh 110
2 fiends of slaanesh 110

total 1996

thats me got 2 flanking units and 2 flying units while still having my battleline

oCoYoRoAoKo
21-09-2009, 11:44
Much better list darthham. You now have the ability to do terror bomb with the keeper/masque/banner, and have a nice fighty contingent too. Just watch out for heavy cavalry/troops that will have the toughness/armor to get around the masses of S3 hits.

Cy.

darthham
21-09-2009, 12:14
ok thanks for everyones help with the list

Jind_Singh
21-09-2009, 17:36
Awesome!
I like the list also, it's great - got a bit of everything, has the potential to be hard hitting, but yet it isnt an deamon army that is broken.
And when the plastic seekers come out you will have a nice & easy way to expand to 2250pts!
Good luck my Slaaneshi friend!