PDA

View Full Version : Blood Elves!

TheDrugLordX
16-01-2006, 00:07
Okay, so I've been so caught up by the idea of having Blood Elves in warhammer, that I actually started writing my own army book for them:p

I have no idea if this idea have been brought up before (on warseer that is), in that case please give me link, or say where I can find it. Otherwise, I really thought that I could use the feedback.

I'm not finished with this document, this is only a first draft. Fluff, rules and most importantly grammer improvements will be fixed:p Also I could use a great deal of balancing (if anyone else out there would care to test the army list;) )

So, excuse my english, I simply havn't had time to sit down and correct it all. This goes for the magic items entry as well! (there is none!:eek: )

Comments, ideas and/or critiscism... Whatever the case, it's greatly appreciated!

(Just a side note, I'm planning on converting an army of Blood Elves according to this list, but in tournament play will choose one of the three different elf army books and use its rules.)

Oh, almost forgot. Some things are inspired from a certain 'thing'. What 'thing' I'm sure many of you will figure out!

patataman
16-01-2006, 00:26
:S I just read it....and I think is overpowered :s a unit inmune to magi (weapon, shoting, weapons) and do more think :s just for 14 points :S scary :S

Rikkjourd
16-01-2006, 01:10
This list looks absolutely crazy, you have to be a really crappy general to not win with this list =P If one of my friends wanted to play this list against me I would say no. It is too overpowered, all I can see is a mix between Elves and Khorne, all for the price of one of them =) I like the idea though, but why don't you just do your conversions and _always_ play a normal elf list?

Gorbad Ironclaw
16-01-2006, 06:16
What are these blood elves? Aside from a combination of utterly crazy and overpowered special rules that is(translate too, there is no way in hell I'd ever bother to play against that list).

Makaber
16-01-2006, 07:03
Horribly, horribly overpowered. It doesn't even look like making it balanced and playable was on the agenda at all. My personal favorites is the 9 pts. elves with a 3+ armour saves and free Biting Blades, and the M10 fast cav with Strength 7 on the charge and a 4+ ward save. If you want people to even consider taking your efforts into review, at least make it somewhat reasonable to begin with. At present, it is damn hard to take seriously.

Skitter-Squeek
16-01-2006, 07:16
and come up with a better name instead of taking something from world of warcraft not to mention WOW did a horrible job on the new race Blood elves are just like dark elfs Makes me angry =(

sigur
16-01-2006, 11:00
This is what comes out if you mix Warhammer with things that are "in" at the moment, especially Blizzard's stuff. Just say "no" to their strange Warcraft world, kids.;)

Waywatcher77
16-01-2006, 14:11
man im sorry to do this but i think the idea is a little rediculous. T3 1 Wound ashes? like c'mon. when they die, they die. they dont fight live on as ashes and then come back full strength. Like many others have said this is way too powerful.

I do like the idea nonetheless. Just change up the special rules to make it fair and it should be a good army

MarikLaw
16-01-2006, 15:17
+++I've been planning to do a Blood Elves knock-off for 40k called Veil Eldar, since Im almost certain Blizzard has ripped GW off more then once for ideas, so I thought I'd return the favor. XD +++

TheDrugLordX
16-01-2006, 16:11
To start with I'll use one of my friends comments:

"When making an army list, you do a quick first draft of the list with ideas of how it should be. When that's done, you nerf all the units to get a more balanced list".

It seems as none of you read my post; I posted the army list because I needed feedback. I never expected everyone to agree with my interpretation of things, so to make it look better 'overall' I wanted peoples ideas to improve the list.

Something you all agree with is that the list is extremely overpowered. So tell me, what should be nerfed? The M10 S7 cavalry? Some special rules? The Swordsmen will increase in points cost if you consider them cheesy.

Something GW have missed with the existing elf raves is that they only do have a T3 and 1 wound. I want infatry armies to be viable, so that they don't have to depend on the abusage of cavalry.

Blood Elves (to me) are no more Dark Elves than High Elves are Dark Elves. You must have missed something here... Even if they would be, there is no reason to why I would make a list just alike the dark elf list. In my eyes, Blood Elves are yet another army, that will differ from the alredy existing elf armies.

At least some of you guys like the idea of having a blood elves out there. As the idea ain't completely trashed I might just as well complete it. I would need to play a couple of games though, to try out some balancing.

This was after all a first draft, there will be many improvements until the final version is finished! (I do hope I get as much help that I can from you guys!)

This is what comes out if you mix Warhammer with things that are "in" at the moment, especially Blizzard's stuff. Just say "no" to their strange Warcraft world, kids.
Just so that you know, I don't play WoW, nor do I play Warcraft 3. I came up with this idea for a year ago or two, but never thought of bringing it "to the game" seriously until now. Please, just becuase I made a Rush-up and very bad first atempt at an army list, don't take me as a fool. I've never done this before, but I wanted to try.

Sybaronde
16-01-2006, 17:33
What are these blood elves?

These (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/townhall/bloodelves.html) are the blood elves.

HiredSword.
16-01-2006, 17:37
why don't you do it the other way round? make it an underpowered army and then build up that way, look at other army books for balance. I know you've explained you wanted feedback and that's great, but you need to start from a viable starting point.

Rikkjourd
16-01-2006, 18:57
You can also make a few calculations to get a hint of what different units would do to other units. For example, if you pay 9pts for one of you swordsmen, how would it do against empire swordsmen, elf spearmen, chaos warriors and dwarf warriors? Test a few calculations and you would get a hint. Is it reasonable that 9pts infantry consistently beat 15pts+ infantry? Probably not, if they don't have any other drawbacks. Yes, I _do_ know "unit X beats unit Y in close combat under certain circumstances, and therefore should cost more" is not all there is to it, but it is a start. And it saves you the trouble of finding out in a dozen broken (possibly one-sided) 4+ hour games. Also a good idea is to send around the list to your mates well in time before you take it to the field to get their feedback. After all their feedback is the most important since ultimately it is their decision and your (both theirs and yours) gaming time that is to be spent.

Apologizes from me (and I guess all the others) if you took offense, it's easy to be harsh when behind a computer screen you know ;)

TheDrugLordX
16-01-2006, 20:43
Apologizes from me (and I guess all the others) if you took offense, it's easy to be harsh when behind a computer screen you know ;)
Apologie accepted:D

No, I didn't go to hard on your critiscism. I'm grateful for it. It helped me realize that the list is indeed too powerful. I'm working on an update on it (though, mostly focused on fixing the magic in a better way) but some points costs and statlines are modified.

I will put it here on warseer in a couple of days to get some more feedback. Untill then, continue to comment the blood elf list as you see it. I might have missed somthing you maybe don't.

TheDrugLordX
20-01-2006, 10:04
Okay, so with the help of feedback I've got I've starting to make som changes:

Changes:

*Scythed barding no longer ads +1S on charge.
*Magic Weapons against spellbreakers count as mundane weapons.
*Emmisaries re-vamped.
*The Lore of Blood re-vamped.
*Modified stat-line for Pheonix King.
*Swordmen, Riders of the Burning flame, Huntressess increased points cost.
*Riders of the Burning Flame nerfed.

Hopre this works better!

bl4ck0pz
21-01-2006, 18:37
Scary Blood Elves. I never remembered them so overpowered, in fact, I remember that they weren't this strong at all. Take out the imunnity to magik and make it like a 6+ special save against all magic attacks and for the higher up dudes you make the save better. Otherwise this list is cheese.

TheDrugLordX
21-01-2006, 19:55
Scary Blood Elves. I never remembered them so overpowered, in fact, I remember that they weren't this strong at all. Take out the imunnity to magik and make it like a 6+ special save against all magic attacks and for the higher up dudes you make the save better. Otherwise this list is cheese.
Magic imunity is overrated. They're still a special choice, and they're voulnerble to heavy cav. charges like many other units. Sure, they have some benefits, but for the unit itself to be effective it's gonna cost well over 200pts...

Could you please point out, more specificly, what's cheesy? I've done some nerfing since the first "release" and other people I've talked with said that it made a big difference. Though, I of course need more peoples oppinions.

SilverFeather
28-01-2006, 04:09
I found that WS are far too high. 5 to the basic footslogger. Excuse me, but that extremely powerful. 3 is the norm, 4 is Elite. 5 is mastery. Even your lord, with WS 10. Could you at least make some fluff to support that? I wonder where are your basic warrior. You have some on the chariot, but nowhere else (excuse me if I am wrong).

Maybe to have a mainstay on the warrior could be a good idea. And what are the idea behind Huntresses? If they are not "Standard" in a army, maybe do not count them for the minimum core unit?

One thing that I find funny... Glaive thrower are rare, but you can take two for one slot...kinda defeat the purpose of being rare, no?

Oh, a last thing.... I find Notepad is not a efficient way to do army list. I would appreciate if you could produce a PDF, it would be great!

Regards

SilverFeather