PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pt Dark Elves list. Let me know what you think.

fastcarfreak
20-09-2009, 22:25
Hey everyone, I'm trying to build a fairly competitive Dark Elves list. I don't plan to play this army in any tournaments, just casual play. This is what I came up with. I UPDATED THIS LIST FROM THE FIRST ONE. I hope this one is a little more legal :)

Dreadlord
-armour of eternal servitude
-pendant of khaeleth
-shield
-sea dragon cloak
-lance
-Lifetaker
Black Dragon

575 pts

Kouran of the black guard w/
20 black Guard of Naggarond (ranked 7x3)
-standard bearer
-banner of murder
(this is my killy/tarpit unit as they are unbreakable with Kouran)

374 pts

5 Dark Riders
-repeater crossbows

117 pts

5 Dark Riders
-repeater crossbows

117 pts

Sorceress (scroll caddy)
-2 dispel scrolls
19 Dark Elf Warriors
-full command
-shields

298 pts

20 Dark Elf Warriors
-shields
-full command

155 pts
Master (battle standard)
-standard of hag graef
-repeater crossbow
-heavy armour
-sea dragons cloak
-great weapon
Master
-ring of hotek
-repeater crossbow
-heavy armour
-sea dragon cloak
-great weapon
10 Shades (mini deathstar)
-great weapons
-bloodshade (used to accept or issue challanges to protects the battle standard if needed)

487 pts

2 Cold One Chariots

200 pts

War Hydra

175 pts

Total 2498 pts

I know there arent too many models in this army, I'm trying to keep costs down. My plan is to buy and paint these models 1 unit/character at a time.

puppetmaster24
20-09-2009, 22:41
you only have 2 core choices and you need 3.

theunwantedbeing
20-09-2009, 22:47
1. The dreadlord is illegal, he carries 2 tailsmans.
2. Your sorceress with the sacrificial dagger is wearing the ring of hotek...that doesnt make any sense at all, I find it hailarious that you think the champion will be able to protect her.
3. You only have 2 core choices, harpies dont count towards the minimum number of core slots.

If its a freindly casual game, there's little point asking on here as it'll be obvious after a couple of games what is and isnt appropriate.

fastcarfreak
20-09-2009, 23:18
ah, didnt realize harpies didnt count toward minimum core units. I thought it says that the null talismans may be taken as if they were scrolls? back to the drawing board. Thanks for pointing that out. lol, didnt realize the ring was friend or foe... I guess thats what I get for only giving the book a once over.

fastcarfreak
21-09-2009, 03:02
The list has been updated. please critique again :)

Shadowsinner
21-09-2009, 03:15
Shades in themselves are an awesome unit, but setting up a 12 man deathstar is a bad idea. any smart player could wipe out the unit with a couple of strong magic missles. id say make it a unit of 8 with champ

the chariots are ok but I'd opt to take one chariot and a unit of 5 cold ones

you need harpies. a unit of 6 will do wonders. you can try converted models to eliminate the cost

make the black guard a unit of 18. you can save a few points that way

assassins are your best friend. with one you can give him manbane and rending stars and add him to the shades unit, or you can attack spec him and add him to your spear unit to give it more punch or...

add your mage into the BG and have the assassin guard her there