PDA

View Full Version : Howling banshees as wyches?

damz451
16-01-2006, 02:29
I lvoe my dark eldar army but the range of models you get are rather crap :( which leaves me to conversions. I came into posestion of a few howling banshees, i have replace the shurikan pistol with a spinter pistol, painted it in my army colours and modified their weapons (used nets on some curtosey of old lego nets :D) anyway do you think that they would be acceptable at tournies or even friendly matches?

starlight
16-01-2006, 02:35
Since my Harlequin Army is mostly converted DE Mandrakes using the DEWC rules, I may be a bit biased, but I'd be okay with it.:D Conversions are a significant part of why I do this.:D

ApeX
16-01-2006, 02:46
I suggest maybe replacing the heads with Wych heads, so people definitely know what unit they represent.

oh, and indeed- DE models are 2/10, except for Drahzar!

damz451
16-01-2006, 02:48
well i wanted to keep their heads since they look far better than wyche heads...., also for the guy with the harlequins, use the old dark reapers as death jesters, put wee bells on the heads :D

ApeX
16-01-2006, 02:54
Hmmmm, then how about putting spikes on them? make 'em look more piratical (is dat even a word?)

Orbital
16-01-2006, 05:33
If they've got the right weaponry modeled and they are in your army colors and they don't appear to have some awesome wargear that they don't actually carry I can't see who would make an issue out of it. Adding spikes would make them even better, but I don't personally believe anyone should make an issue out of it otherwise.

violenceha
16-01-2006, 05:55
c'mon starlight show us your army. i've been thinking of using dark elf witch elves with spikey bits and dark eldar weapons added

starlight
16-01-2006, 06:44
Sadly my painting isn't much to speak of (table quality), but I'll borrow my mum's digital (haven't got one yet:() and post some shots eventually.:) Given my 8AM-11PM school schedule (a full 14 course diploma in 13 weeks:eek:) it might be a bit.:p