PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos

Caligula
21-09-2009, 01:48
Hey there all. As some of you might recall from my recent army list thread, I've been in the process of putting together a 2000 point Nurgle themed army. Well, I've gotten to the point where I'm pleased with the army list(more than pleased), considering what I have available to me all painted up and whatnot. First and foremost, here's my current list.

Morghal Bane, the Manreaper
Exalted Hero-
Shield
Mark of Nurgle
Daemonic Mount
Chaos Runesword(Runehammer)

Vulgus the Blighted
Exalted Hero-
Battle Standard Bearer
Shield
Mark of Nurgle
Daemonic Mount
Rending Sword(Hammer)
The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk

Skathor Doomcrow
Exalted Hero-
Shield
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Sword(Spear) of Might
Book of Secrets

Sseth the Vile
Chaos Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Conjoined Homonculus
Power Familiar

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Shields
Spears
Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Light Armour
Flails
Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen-
Light Armour
Flails
Musician

Plague Knights
6 Chaos Knights-
Mark of Nurgle
Musician
Standard Bearer
War Banner

Shrine of the Maggot King
Chaos Warshrine-
Mark of Nurgle

Ghulvash the Corruptor, the Oblivion Wyrm, Plaguemaw
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth-
Great Weapon

TOTAL-2000pts.

As you can see, it's not what most would call an "optimal" list, and it's not really meant to be as such. It's more of a characterful, themed list that can still do the business on the battlefield...all the while, looking awesome;)

Just so you all know, as well, I have 5 extra Chaos Warhounds painted up, and another unit of 5 Chaos Knights painted and at my disposal as well, this is just what I came up with and thought would be cool for my first 2000 point army.

Now, in the near future, I'm going to be commissioning an add-on to this force, in the same theme and everything, but some more units and different kind of stuff. At the moment, I'm thinking three converted Dragon Ogres(converted to look something akin to my current Shaggoth as you can see in my avatar somewhat, although they'll remain distinct from Spawn in appearance, no worries), a couple of Nurgle chariots, both with the option of having either normal crew, or switching one out for a character of some kind, and another mounted Nurgle Sorcerer, which I desperately need for sure.

So, I'm just looking for you thoughts and ideas on this potential add on, like are my choices good? How should they be armed? What should the possible characters on Chariots be armed with, considering I'll be able to swap them out with the normal crew whenever I feel like it.

So, anything you have in an opinion on that would be very welcome. Also, is there anything else I should consider getting in my next round of add-ons,before I go ahead and start the commission?

One more thing. As you can see, I'm a sucker for naming my characters and units in my armies, and I've great fun in doing so here, and I think I've come up with some pretty rad names and titles for my guys thus far. One thing I haven't been able to come up with yet, is an overall name for the warband. I'm basing if loosely off the Tribes of the Crow from the Liber Chaotica Nurgle, a trible of Northmen who openly worship Nurgle as Nielglen, the Crow, if you haven't read it. So, I'm open to any suggestions for names for this warband as well.

Thanks for reading.

shredshredxx
21-09-2009, 02:06
the way i see it,

your army being competitive/overpowered ranks far below how awesome it looks on the tabletop and how cool your theme is in terms of what's important.

so i have no comments on the list itself.

i love your names, i do the same with my armies.

as for the army name, seeing as you're quite cavalry heavy, why not something like the plague-riders? or maggot-knights or something like that??

Caligula
21-09-2009, 02:35
Thanks, shredshredxx, sounds awesome actually. I do kind of dig the "Maggot Riders of Morghal" or something like that. Rad.

Oh, and by the way, feel free on commenting on the army composition itself if you really want to, and also on the add-ons. I'd really like to "get it right" when it comes to my next batch of add on units. so anything you have so say about that would totally valuable.

Oh, and I'm stoked to see you like the names I've come up with!

But yeah, like I said, I'm cool with the list as it stands now, I'm just wondering what would be the best things to add to it in the future.

Draconian77
21-09-2009, 08:29
Oh, it's you again...

:D

It's good that you finally settled on a list, as for your next batch, well the Dragon Ogres and Sorceror are a good idea. Honestly, I have never thought much of the Chaos Chariot. For the same price I think you can have an entire unit of Ogres, for example. That sounds like more fun.

I would look into getting 2 Spawn as well. First of all, pretty much all Spawn models fit into a Nurgle warband. Secondly, they have a pseudo-360 line of sight which is handy for catching fliers and skirmirshers. Finally, who doesn't like the idea of a champion who got too much attention and/or love...:))

As for a name, something like the Carrion Host maybe? The Winds of Plague/Rot?
(Or if they worship the Crow, the Wings of Plague/Rot?)
I don't know, like I said, I tend to nick things from other sources. :o

Caligula
21-09-2009, 15:31
OOOooo, thanks Draconian, I love the Carrion Host idea. That sounds awesome. Also, thanks for the advice on my army additions as well, I'll give them some thought!