PDA

View Full Version : Orcs is da Best list-1000

Mango33
21-09-2009, 04:32
Hey all thanks for the posts on my 500 point list and I would like to expand to 1000 points gradually. I need your help and advice so please feel free to tell me what you think.

HQ

Black Orc Big Boss
Heavy Armor
Shield
Imbad's Iron Gnasha's
Boar

Orc Big Boss
Light Armor
Standard: Nogs Banner of Butchery

Goblin Shaman
2 Dispel Scrolls
Staff of Sneaky Stealing

19 Orc Boyz
Shields
Musician
Standard
Orc Boss

16 Orc Boyz
Sheilds
Musician
Standard
Orc Boss

6 Boar Boyz
Boss
Standard
Musician

Rock Lobber

Goblin Spear Chuka
Bully

Goblin Spear Chuka
Bully

Jind_Singh
21-09-2009, 09:35
Hey all thanks for the posts on my 500 point list and I would like to expand to 1000 points gradually. I need your help and advice so please feel free to tell me what you think.

HQ

Black Orc Big Boss
Heavy Armor
Shield
Imbad's Iron Gnasha's
Boar

This guys is great, but personally I think a Black Orc should only be taken if you actually take Black Orcs in the list - after all makes sense he would 'ave his boyz wiv him' in his tribe

Orc Big Boss
Light Armor
any chance of putting this guy on a boar? 6+ save wont do it!

Goblin Shaman
2 Dispel Scrolls
Staff of Sneaky Stealing

He can only take 50pts of items, you have him with a 100 right now, staff is 50 on it's own, each scroll is 25pts

19 Orc Boyz
Shields
Musician
Standard
Orc Boss

16 Orc Boyz
Sheilds
Musician
Standard
Orc Boss

6 Boar Boyz
Boss
Standard
Musician
really? mmm, not sure how these boys work in 1000pt games. I think i prefer to have squig hoppers as they are immune to psych, so wont be failing silly fear tests, and hit harder in combat with 2 str 5 attacks. Also the points you save allow you to squeeze in a few more orc boyz to the core units

Rock Lobber

Goblin Spear Chuka
Bully

Goblin Spear Chuka
Bully

You got the right idea (solid, but no-frills, characters, orc boyz, and artillary - but for a 1000pts you are not packing much in the way of punchy units. Both boyz units are not that big, so they will be fairly easy for most foes to overcome, and you lack battlefield presence. The only real threat you carry are the warmachines, boar boys are strange at best. Only armour save 3+, WS 3 is their real let-down. I think savage orc boar boyz are a better bet, stick the BSB in with them and WOW! 2 Str 4 attacks from the riders, 2 str 5 from the boars, make them big-uns and now each model has 4 str 5 attacks on the charge! With a bannor of butchery it becomes 5 str 5 attacks EACH MODEL, so a total of 25 str 5 attacks from a 5 wide frontage! That is ******* amazing!

Deglosh
21-09-2009, 09:42
See no reason in keeping your big bosses ordenary orcs. Make them Black orcs to quell animosity, get +1 save and better weaponskill. plus youll get armed to da teef on the BSB.

imo axe the boar boyz and either get fast cav and more boyz, or squighoppers and more boyz. I have problems running lists without night gobbos aswell, hehe. They are alot better than you might think. The fanatics counter high armored stuff and the nets help alot on making even gobbos quite hard to kill for most core, and orcs aswell.

Imagine a strenght3 unit hitting youre orcs, yeah they probably hit on 3's+ but they wound on 5's+, but with nets on the same target, they wound GOBBOS on 5's+ and the orcs now only on 6's.

Mango33
22-09-2009, 00:34
Thanks for the advice guys.

okay what about this?

HQ

Black Orc Big Boss
Heavy Armor
Shield
Imbad's Iron Gnasha's
Boar

Orc Big Boss
Light Armor
Boar

Goblin Shaman
2 Dispel Scrolls

22 Orc Boyz
Shields
Musician
Standard
Orc Boss

21 Orc Boyz
Sheilds
Musician
Standard
Orc Boss

10 Squig Hoppers

Rock Lobber

Goblin Spear Chuka
Bully

Goblin Spear Chuka
Bully

Jind_Singh
22-09-2009, 06:42
I like it! It has lots of artiallary peices that you will need as your army grows to 2250pts, 2 solid units of boyz, squig hoppers, pretty much all you need
Fair enough you dont have fast cav, etc, etc, but for a 1000pts you have a good un - the warmachines will take out monstors/high armour save dudes, the 2 boyz will make sure most opponents will have trouble dealing with T4, the squig hoppers add some needed punch - you will do good.
The nice thing about this list is you will be able to add a few units a time to make it 1500pts and I can gaurentee that all the models in your 1000 will stay in the list for years to come.
Welcome to the waaaghh!

Deglosh
22-09-2009, 12:32
Yeah! this looks very very solid for a 1k list. Lots of artillery, "lots" of boyz and hoppers.
This is nice

Mango33
22-09-2009, 14:58
Thanks guys. This is my first 1000 point list EVER! I guess reading all those army list helped me alot when it came to choosing the units. Thanks for the tips on the squig hoppers. The one game I did use them they did very well :)

castlesmadeofsand
25-09-2009, 19:22
bullys won't do much as you havn't got any goblins so they'll take a panic test if any orcs run near them anyway.

i'd look at dropping them plus 3/4 hoppers and taking a unit of wolf riders. at the moment you've only got the hoppers to cover one flank so the other will be totally exposed. any enemy fast cav will have a free run to all that artillery.

Deglosh
26-09-2009, 09:30
is that really that big of an issue at 1k points? he could just counter that by putting the chukkas on one flank together.