PDA

View Full Version : Warshines and you.

Omegakai
21-09-2009, 09:23
So heroes within units cant benefit from a roll from a warshine, fair enough But at which point dose a hero stop being a part of a unit and become a vaild target for the warshine?

To clarify this ill give some examples.

Can I get the effect of a warshine if….

Alone on foot? … (of Corse)
Alone on a stead … (again no brainer)
Alone on a disc ( ditto)
Alone On a juggernaut (now this is where it gets tricky)
Alone on a chariot (dunno)
Alone on a dragon ( unlikely)

Your thoughts?

Falkman
21-09-2009, 10:10
Why would a hero in a unit not benefit from a Warshrine roll?
The entire unit gets the blessing, including the character.

As for your list, all those are viable targets for a Warshrine blessing, but only the character will receive the benefit, and not the mount (unless it is an effect that affects the entire model (like Magic Resistance)).

Avian
21-09-2009, 10:16
Eh? Any character on his own or in a unit is a valid target to be blessed by the Warshrine. Not sure what the problem is.

nosferatu1001
21-09-2009, 12:36
You cannot target the character while the character is in the unit, unless they are >=US5.

The Warshrine affects the unit, which includes the character while they remain in the unit. Once they leave the shrine no longer affects the character, as they are no longer the unit that was targeted.

PeG
21-09-2009, 12:40
nosferatu is correct, see the FAQ

AramilSairSianontel
21-09-2009, 12:57
You cannot target the character while the character is in the unit, unless they are >=US5.

The Warshrine affects the unit, which includes the character while they remain in the unit. Once they leave the shrine no longer affects the character, as they are no longer the unit that was targeted.

Correct, also i would i like to add :
Can I get the effect of a warshine if….

Alone on foot? … (of Corse)- correct
Alone on a stead … (again no brainer)- correct
Alone on a disc ( ditto)--correct
Alone On a juggernaut (now this is where it gets tricky)-yes
Alone on a chariot (dunno)-yes
Alone on a dragon ( unlikely) -yes

Everything mentioned above are units therefore they're all the same likely to receive the blessing from the warshrine

jaxom
21-09-2009, 13:17
I think the point of confusion is the prior threead about Chosen.

Chosen have a special rule that gives them a roll on the EotG table during deployment and that specifically does *not* apply to characters who join the unit. Warshrines are a different application of the EotG though.

sulla
22-09-2009, 04:56
So heroes within units cant benefit from a roll from a warshine, fair enough
What do you mean by this exactly? I can't see anything preventing characters benefitting from the blessing to their unit.

Griefbringer
22-09-2009, 07:23
Warshine is what you use to polish the warboots - right?

Max1mum
22-09-2009, 10:56
and as far as mounts go,

Discs, Juggernauts, horses are all the same for the rules ;-) Single Wound mount = single wound mount.

So why would you put them in that list seperetly and why would a jugger be tricky'er then a disc ?

Kroxigore
23-09-2009, 18:59
Warshine is what you use to polish the warboots - right?

LoL! You just made me seriously laugh. *giggle*

Okay, back to topic:

The warshrine infects the whole unit including all characters and champions in it. It was FAQed, that Mounts are not affected by the EotG. A Guy on a chariot definitely does not pass the EotG-effect to the chariot if he kills a character, but if you use the warshrine, it gets a bit tricky. The chariot is a unit by itself, so why should it not be affected? I guess by RAW it will not be affected as it is a mount, but to me it seems unlogical, that a chariot is not influenced while ridden by a character, while it is influenced when no character joins it. But I guess, I am interpreting too much.