PDA

View Full Version : Blood dragons 2k

Adam87
21-09-2009, 12:06
Vampire lord, extra level, nightmare, forbidden lore (vampires) red fury, dreadlance, crown of the damned. (joins the black knights)

455pts

Vampire, nightmare, master of the black arts, balefire spike, book of arkhan. (joins the black knights)

203pts

Vampire, master of the black arts, helm of commandment. (joins the skeletons)

180pts

10 Skeletons.

80pts

20 Zombies

80pts

20 Zombies

80pts

Corpse cart, balefire.

100pts

Corpse cart, balefire.

100pts

5 Dire wolves.

40pts

14 Grave guard,great weapons, fc, standard of strigos. (2 ranks of 7)

247pts

14 Grave guard,great weapons, fc, banner of the barrows. (2 ranks of 7)

257pts

5 Black knights, standard, musician, banner of hellfire.

174pts

What do you think? Think it can work?

slayerofmen
21-09-2009, 12:30
your skelleton unit is too small and you are paying for zombies?

5 dire wolves dont seem to have a place

also your vamps 2&3 have no armour?

i have to say i honestly dont think this list will work, not to sound mean.

here is why I don't think it'll work

forbidden lore on your lord seems like a odd way to lean the build, you are going for stabby but then give him a magic centric vamp power i would definitely drop that and the nightmare and just take dread knight and with him in the black knights drop the baleful spike as you can re roll hits. (if you give the black knights the strigos banner) I've found that trying to hover your lord around no more then 400 pts is the best way to go.

vampire 2: i would go dread knight again and dark acolyte then put him in a second unit of black knights the all in one approach can be cut down very easily also just drop the lance and use the mundane one.

vamp 3: give him the nightshroud for protection and stick him/her in a unit of ghouls no less then 15 strong with a ghast for challenges.

again skelleton unit is too small.

i dont pay for my zombies, as it stands IMHO they are not a choice i start on the board.

i don't use corpse carts much so not going to say anything there.

the dire wolves don't seem to have a place.

the grave guard in 2X7 is not really going to work, you have one rank + banner for a SCR of 2 they reek a little of holding the line with a piece of string feel to them.

id drop one unit make the other larger grab another unit of black knights 6 man big each

Adam87
21-09-2009, 13:19
your skelleton unit is too small and you are paying for zombies?

5 dire wolves dont seem to have a place

also your vamps 2&3 have no armour?

i have to say i honestly dont think this list will work, not to sound mean.

here is why I don't think it'll work

forbidden lore on your lord seems like a odd way to lean the build, you are going for stabby but then give him a magic centric vamp power i would definitely drop that and the nightmare and just take dread knight and with him in the black knights drop the baleful spike as you can re roll hits. (if you give the black knights the strigos banner) I've found that trying to hover your lord around no more then 400 pts is the best way to go.

vampire 2: i would go dread knight again and dark acolyte then put him in a second unit of black knights the all in one approach can be cut down very easily also just drop the lance and use the mundane one.

vamp 3: give him the nightshroud for protection and stick him/her in a unit of ghouls no less then 15 strong with a ghast for challenges.

again skelleton unit is too small.

i dont pay for my zombies, as it stands IMHO they are not a choice i start on the board.

i don't use corpse carts much so not going to say anything there.

the dire wolves don't seem to have a place.

the grave guard in 2X7 is not really going to work, you have one rank + banner for a SCR of 2 they reek a little of holding the line with a piece of string feel to them.

id drop one unit make the other larger grab another unit of black knights 6 man big each

Im using the skeletons to keep my vampire safe from shooting. Plan to keep the skeletons out of combat.

I would like armour on my 2nd vampire but think I need the extra two power dice and the book more. Plus I cant take dreadknight and dark acolyte because it comes to 55pts.

I give my vampire forbidden lore so I have the movement spell. Will need that to deal with dragons.

I only put the zombies in to fill up my core slots.

I find corspe carts realy good when I have used them. -2 to casting is realy good vs magic heavy armies. Plus I need them to give my grave guard always strike first.

I had points left over thats why the wolves are there.

My grave guard will get alot of kills tho and that should make up for the low SCR dont you think?? One unit will be hitting most things on a 2+ and the other unit hits on 4+ with re-rolls. Both S6 killing blow.

slayerofmen
21-09-2009, 13:46
ah yes your right the dread knight wouldnt work and your GG with the banner of barrows will hit most things on a 3+ WS3 and no i don't think itll make up for it

Adam87
21-09-2009, 13:52
My grave guard are WS6 with the helm of commandment.