PDA

View Full Version : THE Powerful Beast Build?

Arguleon-veq
21-09-2009, 20:18
I am considering starting up my Beasts again.

I keep hearing on here over and over again people mentioning a Slaanesh Based DoomBull led list with 3 Sorc that people claim is the only Beast build to take to tournies/that can compete with the higher lists.

Could somebody please give me an example of such a list? At 2000 points, because Im not seeing it myself. It would be ideal for me because I have a converted unit of Slaanesh Minos, an ancient Slaanesh Bray Shaman and a Slaanesh Doombull.

sulla
21-09-2009, 22:50
What's to tell. 3 sorcerors (power stone, scroll combo) with one of the most powerful spell lores out there, core minos, core chariots, a giant or two and a few beast herds as meatshields for the sorcerors and/or as redirecters. The only real question is whether to put your doombull in minos or bestigors.

Come up against an army without adequate magic protection and you push/pull them all over the field with spasms, torment and delusions. It's a fairly easy beast build to use. I tried it once... can't say I found it very rewarding. It was like I was playing both armies.

Bloodless
22-09-2009, 08:47
I have always liked the Khorne Doom Bull list with khorne minotaurs. Lots of attacks and lots of dispel. Even now I think there are few list that hit as hard, however it leaves you very limited in unit choices.

Seabo
22-09-2009, 11:05
Also partial to Khorne. 3 units of 3 Bloodbulls and the Doombull in a unit of Khorngors. Add a BSB and either 2 shammies (if you want magic) or 2 more MoK Wargors and you have a brutal list.
Just make sure they are well screened and protected from enemy fire and baiters.

Arguleon-veq
22-09-2009, 14:49
Still not really sold on that Slaanesh build, at the end of the day its only 8 power. Most of which will be stopped by any half decent magic defense and using a lore that doesnt work on a lot of armies.

I may give it a go though but I am leaning towards the Khorne Mino Build.

decker_cky
22-09-2009, 14:57
BoC Slaanesh works on every army. It's the best lore in the game. But I would probably rank a khorne doombull list as the top beasts list now. There's just so much magic around these days, and getting 12+ dispel dice with such each is huge. It also covers you for psychology; beasts' biggest weakness. Add in sufficient hounds to control frenzy and set up charges, stir and play.

SevenSins
22-09-2009, 19:11
powerfull this and that, I think a beast army whithout ambush is like a dwarf whithout armor...

Tzeentch beast lord for the win!

Arguleon-veq
22-09-2009, 20:22
There are 4 powerful Beats lists I am considering, need some clarifications on some things though.

The First is the Ambushing Flying Kazrak list.

Based around 2 big Magic Res Herds, Kazrak and 3 Bray Shamans. Then lots of ambushers and some hard hitters. At least with this build there is a decent enough chance to take out big flyers. Casting Bears Anger on him early a few times to get his Strength up for his whip attack, ending it, then Steed of Shadowing him at something nasty. Obviously a big risk but you will lose to big flyers if you dont do it anyway so it is worth the risk.

Now, for that to work ME casting spells on MY OWN Kazrak will have to up his strength. Does that work? His rules state that any spell cast sucessfully on him up his strength so I would imagine so.

Second is the Slaanesh Doombull list;

Slaanesh Doombull; Slaughterers Blade etc.
3 Bray Shamans; Mark of Slaanesh. 3 Stones, 2 Scrolls and Staff of movement spell.

Slaangors; FC, Banner of Poison, Joined by 2 Shamans.
Beast Herd; FC
3 Minos; Great Weps, Slaanesh.
3 Minos; Great Weps, Slaanesh, Standard.
4 Minos; Great Weps, Slaanesh, Standard.
Chariot; Slaanesh.
6 Hounds;
6 Hounds;
Slaanesh Spawn;
Slaanesh Spawn;

The Khorne Doombull List;

Khorne Bull with Slaughterers Blade etc,
2 Khorne Wargors, 1 BSB, Some magic equip.
1 Herd; FC
Khorne Gors; FC, Poison Banner.
Chariot; Khorne.
3 x 6 Hounds;
4 Minos; Khorne, Great Weps, Standard.
3 Minos; Khorne, Great Weps, Standard.
3 Minos; Khorne, Great Weps.
1 Khorne Spawn.

Tzeentch List;

I had planned on basing this around a Tzeentch Beastlord in Chariot with the Hatred Item and having him as my Gorthor Equivelant. The rest of the list is similar to the other lists above but no Bestigors and less Minos.

fastcarfreak
22-09-2009, 20:40
a chariot tzeench army can be very effective. Tons of power dice. lots of combined charges will do some serious damage. I have a roughly 90 percent win percentage with this list.

sulla
22-09-2009, 21:14
powerfull this and that, I think a beast army whithout ambush is like a dwarf whithout armor...

Tzeentch beast lord for the win!The problem with ambush heavy armies is vs the terror heavy armies like DE and lizards. You ambush, then flee straight off the board a couple of turns later. It can be mitigated by adding nurgle shamans to your key herds though.

SevenSins
22-09-2009, 22:11
yeah I know it's not the best, I just think that Ambush is one of the things that makes beasts stand out. A ton of minos is kinda like playing an ogre army (and upping their WS and Init)
Personal preference of course

Tzeentch beastlord with the bears anger item, backed by shamans and tzeentch chariots would make for a decent magic heavy list I should think

Seabo
22-09-2009, 23:27
One small problem with your Khazrak flying bear build Arq....
Model affected by Bear's Anger cant use any weapons.....
*Edit*
And I just woke up so give me a break...forgot bout Dark Mail special ability :D

sulla
23-09-2009, 00:53
One small problem with your Khazrak flying bear build Arq....
Model affected by Bear's Anger cant use any weapons.....
*Edit*
And I just woke up so give me a break...forgot bout Dark Mail special ability :D
...So the shamans cancel the bear's anger before combat (you can end remains in play at any time)... He gets s10 from 4 bear's angers and a wild call on his unit or steed on him. That's 2 magic phases.

decker_cky
23-09-2009, 04:09
A ton of minos is kinda like playing an ogre army (and upping their WS and Init)

Correction...playing ogres is kinda like playing an all minotaur doombull army. ;)

Arguleon-veq
23-09-2009, 15:42
Damn forgot about him taking an extra hero choice. The other was a Tzeentch Wargor though yes. I was planning to just cancel Bears Anger as soon as he hits combat so he can use his S10 whip. Probably wouldnt get off the spells I need with only 6 power though.

Then again, against a lot of armies with big flyers you often dont see many dispel dice besides a Scroll Caddy so it could work against some Dragon lists/Mono Khorne.

WhiteKnight
24-09-2009, 05:39
My Nurgle army gives people lots of trouble, from what I've heard. They never kill my general because of the mark of nurgle, especially since sometimes its a shaggoth. My nurgle army has taken out armies that don't take my warhounds with caution, especially when 4 puppies beat a unit of 10 corsairs in combat, when charged. A power beast build all depends on how hard you'll hit. That's why my minotaurs are what scare my opponents most. 4 minotaurs with a 4+ save and Great weapons scare the living crap out of my opponents when they charge an ItP unit that can't flee.