PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs 2k

Adam87
22-09-2009, 00:52
Runelord, anvil of doom.

315pts

Thane, bsb, master rune of gromril, rune of resistance. (joins the hammerers)

140pts

Thane, great weapon, master rune of kragg the grim, rune of fury, rune of fire, rune of stone. (joins the warriors)

124pts

19 Warriors, fc, shields.

196pts

10 Quarrellers

110pts

10 Quarrellers

110pts

17 Hammerers, fc, rune of courage.

281pts

Bolt thrower, engineer with brace of pistols.

65pts

65pts

65pts

65pts

Grudge thrower, rune of accuracy, rune of penetrating, rune of fire.

135pts

Organ gun

120pts

Gyrocopter

140pts

That leaves me 70pts left. I could upgrade two bolt throwers one with rune of fire and the other one with rune of fire and rune penetrating. That still leaves me pts to give both of my blocks magic res 1, Or I could upgrade my quarrellers to thunderers. What would you go for? Any other ideas for the list would be nice. Cheers.

jamesterjlrb
22-09-2009, 08:26
That runelord is going to get shot very quickly, give him the master run of glomril (1+ armour save) and the rune that gives him a 2+ ward against missiles, and if yout really want to protect him rune of steel.

Malorian
22-09-2009, 15:10
I typically don't find that anvils get shot. I mean first the shot has to hit, then it has to randomize on the anvil (and could be completely wasted), and then has to be randomized on the runelord. If anything just give him a shield and rune of stone.

The combat thane is a bit of a waste. Thats a 50 point great weapon that gives him +1 attack that is flaming while leaving him with a 3+ save. Something you might want to try is give him just a plain great weapon and then the runes of the BSB (maybe even just the 1+ save). Now you have a killy and resilient character for cheaper. If you do this you'll have to be more careful with the BSB of course but if both thanes are in the same unit one can protect the other.

Brace of pistols on all of those bolt throwers is a lot of points for something that you'll rarely use/be useful. I'd drop them for more warriors.

jamesterjlrb
22-09-2009, 20:06
I typically don't find that anvils get shot. I mean first the shot has to hit, then it has to randomize on the anvil (and could be completely wasted), and then has to be randomized on the runelord.

The shot can't hit the anvil, you randomise between the temple guard and the runelord. But you're right. Master rune of Glomril is unnecessary. But i would give him 2+ ward against missiles.

Malorian
22-09-2009, 20:11
No, the anvil can't be hurt, much like the casket of souls. Any hits on it are simply ignored.

Adam87
22-09-2009, 21:26
I typically don't find that anvils get shot. I mean first the shot has to hit, then it has to randomize on the anvil (and could be completely wasted), and then has to be randomized on the runelord. If anything just give him a shield and rune of stone.

The combat thane is a bit of a waste. Thats a 50 point great weapon that gives him +1 attack that is flaming while leaving him with a 3+ save. Something you might want to try is give him just a plain great weapon and then the runes of the BSB (maybe even just the 1+ save). Now you have a killy and resilient character for cheaper. If you do this you'll have to be more careful with the BSB of course but if both thanes are in the same unit one can protect the other.

Brace of pistols on all of those bolt throwers is a lot of points for something that you'll rarely use/be useful. I'd drop them for more warriors.

I think I might give him the 2+ ward save just to be safe. Even tho I plan to hide him behide my two blocks.

Hmmm Im always scared of my bsb being killed for easy vp tho. I was planning on having one in each unit. Do you think in would be better to have them both in the warrior unit? What would you use the spare points for?

I didnt think brace of pistols were that good either untill mt friend used them. The extra 4 S4 shots and save the bolt thrower being killed. Plus its only 20 pts for all for of them.

Malorian
22-09-2009, 21:40
Just put the anvil behind a hill or woods and it's totally safe for free.

I run my BSB with mro gromil and cleaving (defensive and killy) and he has never been killed other than the unit being run down. In your case where you could have a BSB (3+ save with rune of stone) and a defensive/killy thane in the same unit (build I told you of) that warrior unit would be fairly powerful.

Now that I think of it though, you are fairly tight for points so you may want to drop the "killy" thane all together and just go with the BSB. Then use the extra points to get more bodies.

Adam87
22-09-2009, 21:52
Thats what I was thinking.

That might be a good idea to make my bsb killy too. Doing that would free a hero slot.

Extra bodies in the units or more units.

Btw have you used slayer heros? Do you find them anygood?

Malorian
22-09-2009, 22:04
I've actually never used them myself but I've certainly done the mathhammer/theoryhammer and read a good amount of battle reports on them.

At 50 points they are a great, cheap, unbreakable, throw-away unit. Perfect for bogging down large blocks and/or protecting your warmachines.

Don't get into the trap of giving them runes, their slayer axes is all they will need.

The reason why I haven't used them myself is I'm too worried their will just be shot and killed, plus I build my list to be more fighty so I don't care if a unit gets to me (the flip side of your gun line).

I can't remember who it was but there was a series of battle reports a while ago from a guy that ALWAYS used three of them, and it worked well for him.