PDA

View Full Version : Dwarves Models

Dirus
22-09-2009, 00:31
Firstly, Can you use any Dwarf Character model as a Runesmith or do you have to use the set Runesmith models?

Secondly, what model do you use to represent a engineer? The master engineer one? And if so does it matter what that models armed with?

Thanks for your help.

Sirroelivan
22-09-2009, 00:42
Yes, you can use any model you prefer, though you have to make clear to your opponent that the specific model is a runesmith.

Do note that all the common equipment (non-magical) a character carries with it should be visible on the model.

WLBjork
22-09-2009, 04:40
I tend to use Thunderer Champions as my Engineers/Master Engineers due to their carrying a brace of pistols.

Good painting helps prevent any confusion, but as I never have any luck with Thunderers they don't appear so there are never any champions anyway.

Zilverug
22-09-2009, 08:12
I tend to use Thunderer Champions as my Engineers/Master Engineers due to their carrying a brace of pistols.

Good painting helps prevent any confusion, but as I never have any luck with Thunderers they don't appear so there are never any champions anyway.

I use Slayer Pirate models for that, painted up as Engineery, unSlayery and unPiraty as possible (no bright colours, loads of gray and black).

stripsteak
22-09-2009, 15:12
one thing that can also help to set models apart is the basing. saw it done well before and I'm trying to do it myself with my current armies; each level up gets a taller base.
RnF on the ground level, command models (musician, standard, champion) slightly elevated. heroes higher still and lords above that.

Malorian
22-09-2009, 15:27
For engineers I just make it clear by painting their beards white while the rest of the crew are brown.

One thing that a rune priest must have is a hammer (to ring and forge the runes), other than that again give him a white beard. If nothing else it will be clear when you are placing characters during deployment.

Griefbringer
22-09-2009, 16:10

Does somebody actually use champions when fielding thunderers?

WLBjork
23-09-2009, 07:25
I did, due to a sneaky trick - that is, a champion with BoP allows the Thunderers to S&S at short range :D (it didn't work - I still got more hits on a 6+ with Quarrellers than 4+ with Thunderers!)