PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch 2000pt list

bloodwraith
16-01-2006, 10:45
Hey guys,

Well i've been playing around with various lists to see what i like the look of and i came up with this list.

Daemon Prince: Mark of Tzeentch blade of ether, master of mortals, chaos disruption

Exalted Champion: Mark of Tzeentch, shield, biting blade

Aspiring Champion: shield, Mark of Tzeentch

15 chaos warriors: full command, shield, Mark of Tzeentch

chaos chariot: Mark of Tzeentch

chaos chariot: Mark of Tzeentch

1989pts
49 models in army
15 power dice
6 dispel dice

Ok now at first look i know it looks cheesy as hell. However i was only trying to keep it in theme. The theme is that the Daemon Prince is a Prince of the flames, except the chaos warriors worship as a demi god (gives me an excuse to paint the whole army to resemble being armoured in fire.) Personally i think that 15 power dice is ridiculous and i don't think i'd use all of them on principle. I don't like painting skin so i didn't include any marauders and i don't like painting horse so only the ones on chariots in this army.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

TIA

Brother Edwin
16-01-2006, 11:01
In what way is it cheesy? You have lots of powerdice but cack magic. A demon prince who is easy to kill(he should have a eye of tzentch) and chaos warriors which are cack.

How do you expect to beat a calvery army? You have no possable way to stop them simply chargeing you turn 2. How do you expect to beat a shooty army? You plod across the battlefield at 4 or 8 a turn due to marchblock then get misdirected into flank charges. Whele getting shot at.

But at least when you lose you can say you had a themed army.

Crux
16-01-2006, 22:05
I'd say drop the Biting Blade on the Exalted and upgrade the Aspiring to an Exalted.

bloodwraith
16-01-2006, 23:09
The daemon prince can't have the golden eye. How is tzeentch magic "cack" as you put it? I think my chaos warriors could stand upto a charge from cavalry. How do i expect to beat cavalry? Use the prince to get into their ranks swiftly or magic the crap out of them. Yeah a shooty army can try to march block me but again magic especially the first spell on the list should be able to deal with any march blockers.

I'm new to fantasy and playing around with lists so i'm sure alot of what i come up with will be considered "cack"

Brother Edwin
16-01-2006, 23:39
The daemon prince can't have the golden eye. How is tzeentch magic "cack" as you put it? I think my chaos warriors could stand upto a charge from cavalry. How do i expect to beat cavalry? Use the prince to get into their ranks swiftly or magic the crap out of them. Yeah a shooty army can try to march block me but again magic especially the first spell on the list should be able to deal with any march blockers.

I'm new to fantasy and playing around with lists so i'm sure alot of what i come up with will be considered "cack"

It is not a rubbish army but if you play good players you will be massacred. You have effectivly 3 units. With a move of 4. You have no dogs, maurder horsemen or flying daemons. Plus you are Ld 8.

Good luck.

Dark Lord
17-01-2006, 02:40
Try to fit the blasted standard on one chaos warrior unit.Screamers rules too

Makaber
17-01-2006, 03:13
Bro Ed, I love how you manage to critique something without being even remodely helpful. Way to go, especially now that I know your goal of posting is to "tutor".

As for the list, it's strong points are a lot of powerdice, and it's quite hard hitting. However, it's somewhat tactically limited. The vast bulk of the army is relativly slow infantry, and the chariots are only fast on the charge, so you'll be easily outmaneouvered, the daemon prince being the only truly mobile unit in the army. I'd consider dropping some of the chaos warriors and investing in something to support them, like the suggested screamers.

bloodwraith
17-01-2006, 08:08
Well considering i am fairly new to fantasy and trying to feel out a list i can use that is by themed and fairly fluffy i thought this list was good.

Makaber: so what else should i do to the list to make it good against all comers. I mean the amount of magic i have will blow the crap out of everything and pretty much dominate the magic phase. I am still new to fantasy and i am trying to learn the basics. Hense why the list is fairly basic. I imagine i will need alot of help to make it competitive. I've been considering dropping the prince for a lord and taking some knights. Also the dragon ogres and shaggoth look pretty nice but i don't want the list to be too power gaming as i like balance fluffy lists. What i designed above i thought was competitive without going over the top and being stupid (i.e. dragon lord with golden eye and a shaggoth) as i like people to enjoy playing against me but still having a chance of winning.

Advice appreciated.

bloodwraith
17-01-2006, 08:39
Well taking into account what you guys have been saying i altered the list and changed it up some.

Chaos lord: MoT, general, halberd, disc of tzeentch, great fang, golden eye, enchanted shield

Exalted champion: halberd, MoT

Exalted champion: halberd, MoT

5 chosen knights: full cmd, MoT, blasted standard

15 chaos warriors: MoT, shields

15 marauders: flails

5 marauder horsemen: flails, musician

5 marauder horsemen: flails, musician

4 dragon ogres: light armour, great weapon

1997pts
53 models in army
13 power dice
6 dispel dice

That seems slightly more mobile and slightly more reasonable. It's either this or go with a chaos cav army. I like my foot troops so i hope this one is not so full of holes. Any advice is more then appreciated.

Makaber
17-01-2006, 13:37
I readily admit I'm no expert when it comes to chaos mortals, but here goes. First of all, you have to realise that the advantage of Tzeentch is not a lot of magic, rather it is a lot of magic without the loss of fighting heroes. However, you pay the price accordingly, so you end up with rather few points left to spend on troops. The list looks better now, but it has some quirks.

Marauders aren't ideal with flails, as you have plenty of other hard hitting troops that does the job of killing things a lot better. What marauders bring to the table, however, is numbers. The marauders work in tandem with your knights/warriors, and provide the static bonuses like rank and outnumber. Then the other units does the damage and wins the combat for you. In this role, marauders are excellent, and also provide pretty damn good basic infantry at a giveaway price. So, to fill this role to the best of their ability, they should be fielded in blocks of at least 20, and preferably given shields so they get a 4+ armour save in close combat and can last a couple of combats before their numbers are too small for them to do their job properly.

In the same vein, I think (emphasis on think, I'm by no means sure about this) chaos warriors work best when kitted out to do damage. With their good base strength, I think two hand weapons is a good idea. Give them shields as well if points allow, so they can chose according to situation, and withstand missile fire a little better.

To free up points, you can sacrifice one of the dragon ogres. They are awesome in units of 4, but work just fine in units of 3 as well.

Brother Edwin
18-01-2006, 00:19
Better.

And shaggoths are not powergameing at all. If you turned up with one people would laugh at the amount of points you have wasted.

Next+time+play=better.

That is the only way to learn.

bloodwraith
18-01-2006, 00:57
Bro edwin: right now i have to actually collect the army so i won't be playing for a while. What i was trying to do with the list was get an idea of what i need to collect to have an effective army.

Also how is the shaggoth a waste? He seems like a monster who could soak up alot of punishment and still keep going. Besides the model is really nice.

One last thing, is chaos a good army to learn the game with? or ogres for that matter?

Brother Edwin
18-01-2006, 15:39
Bro edwin: right now i have to actually collect the army so i won't be playing for a while. What i was trying to do with the list was get an idea of what i need to collect to have an effective army.

For a "effective" army a dragon and calvery. For a not great but fun to use against the average Jo army use what you already have. But you WILL lose against a effective army, so dont complain later.

Also how is the shaggoth a waste? He seems like a monster who could soak up alot of punishment and still keep going. Besides the model is really nice.

Compare him to 300points of anything else and look at the stats of how long they last against shooting. And he does nothing in combat. He cant beat a ranked up infanry unit. He is 300 points yet cant fight on his own. I only use one because I am such a great player it dosent matter.

One last thing, is chaos a good army to learn the game with? or ogres for that matter?

As good as any. Dont worry about that just choose the force you like.

patataman
18-01-2006, 16:15
Well the shagot is just a good flanker :P nothing more :P

Latro
18-01-2006, 18:00
A Shagoth is just like a big monstrous character.

- charging the Shagoth into a combat to assist on of your units = good

- charging the Shagoth into a flank = very good

- charging him alone into big units = not so good

It will perform best if the enemy has a lot of fast threats to deal with, that way he simply doesn't have to time to concentrate enough fire-power on him. If you field him in an infantry-based list however ... he will be easy points for the opponent.

In short ... it needs a certain type of list and a certain type of tactic to work.

:cool:

Brother Edwin
18-01-2006, 18:13
Well the shagot is just a good flanker :P nothing more :P

So you pay 300points for a "good flanker".

patataman
18-01-2006, 19:09
So you pay 300points for a "good flanker".

nop because I donīt use the Shagoth