PDA

View Full Version : Combi-flamer help please

Sai-Lauren
16-01-2006, 13:00
I'd like to put a combi-flamer on one of my marine veteran sergeants, I thought there was one on the commander plastics (there's a combi-melta and a combi-plasma, but no combi-flamer).

Does anyone have any ideas where I would locate one (except for getting the old Sisters Cannoness and chopping her arm off)? I couldn't see anything on the mail order site.

Thanks in advance

Puffin Magician
16-01-2006, 13:07
The only Combi-Flamer I've ever known was from the old Chaos Terminators, which isn't really acceptable, and as usual a search on the GW shop revealed bupkis.

I have no idea why you don't just raid your bitz box and slap one together yourself; I've seen many conversions that look more impressive than the GW equivalent, and it's not as if Marine players are short on spare Boltguns and Flamers.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to P&T we go...

ArtificerArmour
16-01-2006, 13:09
Can't you just snip the melta muzzle off and stick a flamer one one. you get plenty of those with tanks and so such.

Str10_hurts
16-01-2006, 13:16
Simple, get a plasic flamer and start cutting and glueing.

I acctualy did a combi chainsword-flamer conversion on a sergant holding a bolter in the other.

Say is that cassius combiflamer avaliable?

20th Century Boy
16-01-2006, 13:20
... Say is that cassius combiflamer avaliable?
Not freely, I'm afraid... :(

Sai-Lauren
16-01-2006, 13:47
I have no idea why you don't just raid your bitz box and slap one together yourself; I've seen many conversions that look more impressive than the GW equivalent, and it's not as if Marine players are short on spare Boltguns and Flamers.

TDL - too damn lazy :D Anyway, I also know that it'll also look slapped together, so I'd rather go for a decent piece if I can.

Artificer, good plan, except the flamer tank still needs to go on somewhere.

Str10_hurts, Cassius looks good, and I've got plans for a Chaplain anyway, so I might have a look and give him a whirl before I start snipping, cutting, gluing and realising I dropped the piece I was working on before I started all that, and I've in fact been working on my finger.:D

Thanks all.

BaronDG
16-01-2006, 14:15
You don't have to put a flamer tank on it; remember that it is only good for one shot anyway. Just put on the flamer muzzle below or beside the bolter. It can be as small as the exterminators carried by the necromundan redemptionists.

lord_blackfang
16-01-2006, 14:16
There's one on the Chaos vehicle sprue, but it's, well, chaosy. And a tad big.

alphaecho
16-01-2006, 14:21
If you have a spare storm bolter and the old hand flamer, take the nozzle off the hand flamer and glue it on in place of one of the storm bolter barrels. I did this for 2nd Ed when Captain Invictus' bodyguard could have wargear cards. As BaronDG says, it is a one shot only weapon so no need for a large fuel tank.

sulla
16-01-2006, 20:47
Can't you just snip the melta muzzle off and stick a flamer one one. you get plenty of those with tanks and so such.

This is the best looking solution of the lot IMO.

Sai-Lauren
17-01-2006, 09:14
Thanks all. Pretty sure this threads served it's purpose now, so I'll close it.