PDA

View Full Version : O&G 2250 pt

gamershell
22-09-2009, 19:32
i have bin working on this armylist and i wish to have other peaple comments on it, btw my gaming invirement is not to competetive

O&G 2250 pt
Black orc warboss + boar + Battleaxe of the last waagh! + H. Armour + shield = 278 pt(with 7 str. 8 attacks he has always done a hell of a job)
Black orc big boss + bsb + Morks spirit totem + h.armour =164 pt
Savage orc big boss + chariot + l.armour + shield + Porkos pigstikka = 199 pt (giving the crew and boars the extra attack makes this guy a hell of a killing mashine)
N. goblin shaman + staff of sneaky stealing = 100 pt

23 orcs + shield + FC =168 pt (lord here)
24 orcs + shield + FC =174 pt (bsb here)
2x5 spider riders + bows + music = 152 pt
2x5 wolf riders + spear + bows + music = 152 pt

6 savage orc boar boyz + biguns + spears + shields + FC + banner of butchery = 261 pt (i like this unit very much, 30 str. 5 attacks on the charge)
2x spear chukka = 70 pt
Rock lobba = 70 pt
18 black orcs + banner og music + warbanner + shields = 295 pt(this unit has worked well with a "detachment" of other unit supporting)

2 trolls = 80 pt (the "detachment" for my blorcs)
Doom diver = 80 pt

= 2248 pt

Malorian
22-09-2009, 19:49
Savage orc in a chariot in very risky but powerful if used right, same goes for savage orc boys... at least you have a good amount of fast cav to cover them.

I'm really not a fan of black orcs but if you must keep them try trading the warbanner for the waaagh banner. Auto-Waaagh + 8 + D6 extra = charge whoever you want :)

For the troll you might want going with just one. Although 2 can take away ranks which is nice they can also cause panic to your lines. The extra points could go towards another savage boar boy and a few regular boys.

Avian
22-09-2009, 20:18
If you drop bows from one unit of spider riders and one Orc from the BSB's unit, you can buy him a boar (I love boars, I really do).

Otherwise it looks quite nice, though a little light on warm bodies. If it was me, I'd drop one unit of spider riders and quite possibly the goblin shaman and invest in some cheap infantry units to get your numbers up. I'm also a great fan of single Trolls.

gamershell
22-09-2009, 20:38
im not a fan of the waaagh banner as i always roll lower than 2-3(once 3 times i rolled 1 in a single taurnament) and 1 troll has somehow never worked for me.
im really stubborn on having 4 units of fast cav. as i use it much for rear charge to negate ranks and for 2+ CR.
i dropped the shaman and added a unit of N. gobs for meatshield and also gave the bsb a boar.

Black orc warboss + boar + Battleaxe of the last waagh! + H. Armour + shield = 278 pt
Black orc big boss + bsb + Morks spirit totem + h.armour + boar =180 pt
Savage orc big boss + chariot + l.armour + shield + Porkos pigstikka = 199 pt

23 orcs + shield + FC =168 pt
23 orcs + shield + FC =168 pt
26 n. Gobs + music + 1 fanatic = 107 pt
2x5 spider riders + music = 142 pt
2x5 wolf riders + spear + bows + music = 152 pt

6 savage orc boar boyz + biguns + spears + shields + FC + banner of butchery = 261 pt
2x spear chukka = 70 pt
Rock lobba = 70 pt
18 black orcs + banner og music + warbanner + shields = 295 pt

2 trolls = 80 pt
Doom diver = 80 pt

= 2250 pt

Catferret
23-09-2009, 00:12
Can't say I'm a fan of Porko's Pigstikka. Given you intend to hit flanks and rear of units with your goblin cavalry, the spear will not do anything more than a regular spear. Ulag's Akkrit Axe or Martog's Best Basha will be far more useful I think. Cheaper too.

Axis
23-09-2009, 00:44
Can't say I'm a fan of Porko's Pigstikka. Given you intend to hit flanks and rear of units with your goblin cavalry, the spear will not do anything more than a regular spear. Ulag's Akkrit Axe or Martog's Best Basha will be far more useful I think. Cheaper too.

This is true.

However, the flipside is if you charge the front with the chariot and flank him then he has lost bigtime anyway (impact hits+2-3 kills from character+1 kill from the flankers+enemy with no ranks=snakes needed) If you don't get the flank charge then the pigstikka kicks in for some death making you probably win combat bigtime from pure kills.

I don't quite understand the 26 night gobbo unit w/ 1 fanatic and only a musician. Is it a bluff unit? I assume no standard is to save on VP's given away.

The list looks solid. I would be quite hesitant with going in with no wizards. It just doesn't seem like enough magic defense. If they pull that big spell (with 14+ rolled on their dice) out then you have nothing. I also assume you know how vulnerable your savage orc boar big uns are. They kick in at chaos knight price but only with 4+/6+ and are a bit of a one hit wonder.. and only against some targets.

gamershell
23-09-2009, 08:16
im definitly going to hit the front with the savage boss, the unit of night gobs is there mostly for numbers or should i change it to a shaman with staff of sneaky stealin?