PDA

View Full Version : 3K army for a tournament this weekend

Malorian
22-09-2009, 20:16
So to start things off I'm not even sure if I'll be playing... I'm the organizer of the tournament and as such I'm also the fill-in boy, meaning if there are odd numbers I'm in and if it's even then I'm on camera duty.

Here's da list:

(Morko)Black orc warboss w/ waaagh cleava, heavy armor, shield, boar
(Crazyface)Savage orc warboss w/ great axe, armor of gork, amulet of protectyness, battle brew
(Bigrokk)Black orc bigboss BSB w/ spirit totem, heavy armor, boar
(Smashy)Goblin shaman w/ 2 scrolls, wolf chariot
(Welpsly)Night goblin shaman w/ staff of sneaky stealing
(Zzipblade)Goblin big boss w/ wolf, one hit wunda, light armor, shield

25 savage orcs w/ spears, full command
25 boyz w/ shield, banner, musician
25 boyz w/ shield, banner, musician
25 boyz w/ shield, banner
25 boyz w/ shield, banner
28 night goblins w/ nets, banner, musician (Crazyface typically goes here)
5 wolf riders w/ bows, spears, musician
5 wolf riders w/ bows, spears, musician
5 spider riders w/ musician

20 black orcs w/ banner* (only thing in army not painted)
Orc chariot
Orc chariot
2 spear chukkas
2 spear chukkas

Doom diver
Troll
Troll

Total: 3000
*Yes I'm not a fan of black orcs but they have been included here out of... I don't know... need. If I had a second savage orc unit I'd use them but I don't. It's either them or night goblins... lots of night goblins... and I'm already pretty hordy...

Thoughts?

This list will also be at the tournament:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219709

Axis
23-09-2009, 00:56
Um, how are you going to fit everything into your deployment zone. You have a lot of frontage, so this might restrict LOS for your warmachines a lot, unless the tourney gives a hill to you guaranteed.

I also must confess i dont understand why you put a savage orc warboss in a unit of goblins. It just makes another unit subject to frenzy baiting.

Also do individual trolls do well? Never used them so i am not sure.

The list seems ok, it will probably have trouble against things like knights. Basically, anything that doesnt care about SCR.

Seabo
23-09-2009, 01:06
Wow...that's a lot of Orcs....
Also lots of fast cav for hopefully some march blocking but...eeps lol
And they used to say Beasties were a horde army :D

Avian
23-09-2009, 11:13
No squigs? I would get some squigs. I'd also consider a Wyvern, if you have one.

Malorian
23-09-2009, 13:57
Um, how are you going to fit everything into your deployment zone. You have a lot of frontage, so this might restrict LOS for your warmachines a lot, unless the tourney gives a hill to you guaranteed.

I also must confess i dont understand why you put a savage orc warboss in a unit of goblins. It just makes another unit subject to frenzy baiting.

Also do individual trolls do well? Never used them so i am not sure.

The list seems ok, it will probably have trouble against things like knights. Basically, anything that doesnt care about SCR.

On a 6X4 table I have never had trouble deploying it.

The savage orc is in the goblins because of the nets. Basically between his magical armor and the nets he is toughness 7 (+1 T for the armor and enemies are -1 str from the nets). This obviously makes him VERY hard to hurt and in return he has 5 str 7 attacks and hatred 2/3s of the time :evilgrin: