PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins 2000

Lord Asuryan
22-09-2009, 20:22
Ok, here goes my first attempt at an orc list...trying toto a balanced infantry list.

Black Orc Warboss Vagraz 'Eadcrusher: Ulag's Akrit Ax, Ironback Boar, Umm's Best Bost 'At, Heavy Armour, Shield.

Night Goblin Big Boss Squit the Insignificant: Wun Hit Wunda, Amulet of Protectyness, BSB

Night Goblin Shaman Squig-Bait: level 2, 2 dispel scroll

Orc Shaman Wuzgag the Brainbursta: level 2, horn of Urgok, Waagh Paint

30 Night Goblin: 3 fanatic, full command

2x25 Boyz, 1 with shields, 1 with additiona choppas, both with full command

5 Wolf Rider

5 Wolf Rider

5 Spider Rider

5 Spider Rider

20 Black Orc: full command, spirit totem

10 squig hopper

2 spear chukka

either doomdiver, or 2 snotling pump wagon

what do you think?

Malorian
22-09-2009, 20:24
-BSB is too weak

-dropping the blackorcs could get you two more units of regular orcs

-take the doomdiver over the pump wagons

Lord Asuryan
22-09-2009, 20:32
how can I improve the BSB
as for the black orcs, I know that they're not very good...but the models are really nice, and they make a great target.

Malorian
22-09-2009, 20:42
Anything that isn't a weedy goblin is a vast improvement :D

Typical orc BSB is a black orc with heavy armor on a boar (usually has the spirit totem too).

Points for this upgrade could be gotten by reducing black orcs.

Axis
23-09-2009, 00:49
Might as well get nets for the NG since you are paying so much for them anyway and nets is a very irritating upgrade.

Maybe drop to 8 hoppers, 10 seems a bit much.

Goblin BSB is very easy to kill. I'd make it a black orc with the amulet and maybe the best basha or something similar.

I do like the spirit totem on black orcs, i do that too. It makes the unit a missile target, which is what black orcs do best. They don't kill an awful lot but T4 with heavy armour and shield makes them very resilient.

Jind_Singh
23-09-2009, 07:18
overall good ideas in your list, here are some suggestions though

Ok, here goes my first attempt at an orc list...trying toto a balanced infantry list.

Black Orc Warboss Vagraz 'Eadcrusher: Ulag's Akrit Ax, Ironback Boar, Umm's Best Bost 'At, Heavy Armour, Shield.nice enough but to save pts i go for normal boar, and you could also use pts to get him killing blow gnashas or enchanted sheild is nice as he gets 2+ save - hurrah

Night Goblin Big Boss Squit the Insignificant: Wun Hit Wunda, Amulet of Protectyness, BSB YAH THIS GUYS SQUISHY!! Make him a black orc boss on boar with morks totem - 3+ save, 3 dispell die - hurrah again

Night Goblin Shaman Squig-Bait: level 2, 2 dispel scrollscroll caddie, nice

Orc Shaman Wuzgag the Brainbursta: level 2, horn of Urgok, Waagh Paintneeds a boar for + 2 save and he is now zippy

30 Night Goblin: 3 fanatic, full command drop 1 fanatic - 3 really get in each others way. with pts saved now get nets - nets are amaaaazzzing

2x25 Boyz, 1 with shields, 1 with additiona choppas, both with full commandfair enough, i play with both options but leaning to shields these days for 4+ save in combat

5 Wolf Rider

5 Wolf Rider

5 Spider Rider

5 Spider Rider
all the above need a musician and bows to be super effective
20 Black Orc: full command, spirit totem
drop totem, maybe 5 orcs to bring down the pts, add shields to them tough
10 squig hopper
i only see black orcs, spear chuckkas, hoppers - so by rights you should look at using 2 units of 5 for some flexibiltiy
2 spear chukka

either doomdiver, or 2 snotling pump wagon
you dont have the amazing rock lobba so dont you dare think about leaving doom diver behind!
what do you think?

all in all you cover your bases pretty good but you might want to trade doom diver for rock lobba - cheaper and has bigger template - even though doom diver is cool with his D3 corrections.

Catferret
23-09-2009, 07:22
Jind: The advantage of the doomdiver is the lack of template. As long as the target point at least clips a model in the unit it will inflict D6 hits. Very effective against skirmishers as opposed to blocks of troops where the lobba will outshine it.

Jind_Singh
24-09-2009, 04:13
oh I agee - I just meant that as you dont have a rock lobba just dont leave home without the doom diver! 2 snottling pump wagons do not come close to a doom diver - pump wagons are for army lists with spare points to burn - and even then I take trolls before wagons - unless I play lots of gnoblars, in that case a pump is as good as anything out there.
Actually both are amazing pieces of action - a well placed doom diver shot wreaks havoc but so does the lobba - with a doom diver max model damaged are 6 - with a central shot on a unit of troops the potential is a lot higher - 1 under hole, 4 fulls, and tons of partials.
Somehow if you could do it, I would work both into the list.