PDA

View Full Version : Daemons 2000 pts - no GD - Viable/Reasonable?

Kalandros
22-09-2009, 22:52
Well after wanting to make a somewhat soft Daemon list with bloodcrushers, I'm dropping them, here's my new list.

-$- # Unit Name Upgrades
265 01 Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut Armour of Khorne
Army Standard Bearer Great Icon of Despair
145 01 Herald of Tzeentch Power Vortex
165 01 Herald of Tzeentch Spell Breaker, Master of Sorcery
120 01 Herald of Slaanesh Siren Song, Torment Blade

444 35 Horrors Standard Bearer, Iridescent Horror
241 16 Bloodletters Standard Bearer: Skull Totem, Bloodreaper
150 11 Daemonettes Musician, Alluress
060 05 Chaos Furies
060 05 Chaos Furies

175 05 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

175 05 Flamers of Tzeentch

Power 11
Dispel 6 1 Spell Breaker
Models 86
Deployments 7

Total 2000

Quick question:
Torment Blade says "Hand Weapon." and the Herald has a Hand Weapon and is on foot: +1A, right?

Anyway, Horrors center stage, blast away the enemies, both heralds in there, might need to free points up to give the Vortex one some wings!

Bloodletters and Daemonettes will work together for Siren Tarpit if needed, with support of flesh hounds.

So, thoughts on this army?

Falkman
22-09-2009, 22:54
Torment Blade gives the user a 2nd hand weapon, yes.

jigplums
23-09-2009, 07:50
yeah, and if you cause wounds your opp has to do ld tests to attack you.

Paz
23-09-2009, 10:17
Torment Blade gives the user a 2nd hand weapon, yes.

according to Europe Team Championship rules, no.

Kalandros
23-09-2009, 11:06
I think that ETC thing was for the Kipper, which is a Monster-Character not an Infantry-Character.
Anyway after discussion on the Daemonic Legion I've altered the list a bit

-$- # Unit Name Upgrades
265 01 Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut Armour of Khorne
Army Standard Bearer Great Icon of Despair
165 01 Herald of Tzeentch Spell Breaker, Master of Sorcery
120 01 Herald of Slaanesh Siren Song, Torment Blade

550 27.5%

459 35 Horrors SB: Icon of Sorcery, Iridescent Horror
241 16 Bloodletters Standard Bearer: Skull Totem, Bloodreaper
277 19 Daemonettes Standard Bearer: Banner of Ecstasy, Alluress
060 05 Chaos Furies
060 05 Chaos Furies

1097 54.85%

175 05 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

8.75%

175 05 Flamers of Tzeentch

8.75%

Power 7
Dispel 5, 1 Spell Breaker
Models 86
Deployments 7

Total 2000

Should I try to free up 50 pts for Lv1 Wiz on Slaanesh Herald? and also use the Siren Standard instead of Ecstasy? (My BSB will always be close anyway). Forcing units to not flee to get a perfect overrun is great.

Paz
23-09-2009, 13:47
Ecstasy is much better. You force a dragon to charge you, then challenge him with Allures. Ofcource you lose the combat but you are stubborn :) in then next turn you get Dragon's flank.
What I dont like here is 35horrors block. And only 1 pack of Fleshhounds.

Kalandros
23-09-2009, 19:45
26 horrors needed Bolt & Level 3. So I wanted a few extras in case I lost some to spells & shooting early on and still have enough to cast bolt of change and keep extra dispel and power dice.

Alluress with 5+ ward save has high chance to not give full +6 CR (from challenge) to the enemy, so I'd have number + ranks + standard - meaning I could easily win or lose by 1 or 2 - with my BSB nearby it shouldnt damage me much at all.
So being stubborn for a SINGLE test for 25 pts doesn't seem that amazing.

Tzeentch Lord X7
24-09-2009, 02:14
you dont get the plus one attack because in the description it has to say additional hand weapon for you to get the plus one attack

Jind_Singh
24-09-2009, 04:09
its a good solid list, its about as hard as it gets without a GD - and you know what, GD are overated anyway, give me a nice herald list anytime.
All I would add is though the sull totem allows them to always march (correct?) I would take endless war for the extra D6 charge - this is SOOOO powerfull (And I run pure khorne lists with 70 bloodletters, take it from me the D6 charge is amazing!).
Its a shame none of your heralds of tzeentch cant fly though, a flying herald is nasty stuff.
One comment though - your opening statement indicates the need for a somewhat soft list - mate, the only thing soft in your list is the foam used to pack the army away in their case! It's a hard, nasty list - theres no softness there at all!
PS - do you have the horror models yet? Only ask as plastic horrors will come with the 2nd wave of deamon releases - thats why I stopped buying them after I had 20 - cant bear the thought of all that metal!
good luck

Atrahasis
24-09-2009, 10:13
you dont get the plus one attack because in the description it has to say additional hand weapon for you to get the plus one attack

Incorrect.

narrativium
24-09-2009, 10:43
Indeed. It just has to say "hand weapon", and once you have two, one qualifies as "additional".

Kalandros
24-09-2009, 11:02

Check the core rulebook of WFHB.
There is no such weapon as "Additional Hand Weapon"
The rule says "Two Hand Weapons".

its a good solid list, its about as hard as it gets without a GD - and you know what, GD are overated anyway, give me a nice herald list anytime.
All I would add is though the sull totem allows them to always march (correct?) I would take endless war for the extra D6 charge - this is SOOOO powerfull (And I run pure khorne lists with 70 bloodletters, take it from me the D6 charge is amazing!).
Its a shame none of your heralds of tzeentch cant fly though, a flying herald is nasty stuff.
One comment though - your opening statement indicates the need for a somewhat soft list - mate, the only thing soft in your list is the foam used to pack the army away in their case! It's a hard, nasty list - theres no softness there at all!
PS - do you have the horror models yet? Only ask as plastic horrors will come with the 2nd wave of deamon releases - thats why I stopped buying them after I had 20 - cant bear the thought of all that metal!
good luck

I see, without wanting to go too hard on my list I ended up going too hard anyway, I guess any list with a Siren Tarpit is already too compy, plus the -2 LD Banner, hah.
I'm still working on lists, planning on buying the army whenever this 2nd wave appears, might start with plastic models earlier.
I'm writing a bunch of lists and I post my favorite ones - so far - for comments, so thank you for yours.

Right now this list looks interesting enough to me, I'll mainly play Daemons at tournaments though, so it doesn't have to be 100% soft, but I don't want it too extreme and I think a Greater Daemon is an extreme.

I might aim toward a more Khorne/Slaanesh list soon, still thinking it through as I want to plan it all before I purchase models this time ;D (oh so many models of Dark elves and O&G being unusued! :[ )

Jind_Singh
24-09-2009, 16:26
I see, without wanting to go too hard on my list I ended up going too hard anyway
(oh so many models of Dark elves and O&G being unusued! :[ )

Welcome to my world! I have a ton, and I mean a ton, of unused models - lucky for me I actually found a gamer who likes large gasmes, so far we had a 10,000pt deamons v's his empire, and the other day we had 6500 orcs v's his empire! :)

But as for deamons - take it from me, with all the best intentions in the world its hard to make 'soft' lists.
You actually haave to work harder to making a soft list than a great one! But I dont care, I've played deamons for over a decade and THEY FINALLY are rock hard - like they should be.

Eat poo to all the deamon haters! Our time has finally come!!!

PS - To the OP, the lovely thing about bloodcrushers is that the model is 100% compatible with the plastic bloodletters.
This means that you can totally customize each and every rider - including command group - without doing any messy conversion work!