Dragon Orges x 3 w/ GW, Champion - 251pts

Rare - Dragon Ogre Shaggoth w/ GW - 285pts
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth w/ GW - 285pts
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth w/ GW - 285pts

Total pts: 2975

Okay, so I was playing around with possible WoC lists, and I came up with this one, which is mostly just done for the theme of the Dragon Ogres, as I love the fluff of them.

So, to ask, how good/bad/cheesy would this army be and what are its main weaknesses? (I know that it has nothing that has a base combat res., but other than that.)

Matt1982
23-09-2009, 09:55
3000pts and no magic defence of any kind? It's a brave move with the way armies are leaning in recent times. In fairness though I cant see the opposition having much chance before you impact his lines to get off that many spells, given how fast moving everything in that list is.

My only real concern is that I'm not too keen on the champions on the basic Dragon Ogres, not worth it to my mind, drop them and get some cheap hound screens to help weather that first turn of shooting and magic as well as act as bait and distractions.

Also, why no flails, armour or musicians on the horsemen?

havoc626
23-09-2009, 11:14
I was mostly trying to maximise on the number of Dragon Ogres I could get, but if I drop the champions, then I should be able to get that sort of stuff in. It was just a quick list I came up with in about 5 min, so I haven't fine tuned it at all yet, but I was just wondering some of the main problems I'd find with the list.

In all honesty, I didn't even think about magic defence, so if it wasn't for you saying that, I would have been very surprised in my first match with this list. :p

Gokamok
23-09-2009, 11:31
You'll definitely be in trouble against Wraiths with this list, since Kholek is the only model in your army that can hurt them;)

Nathangonmad
23-09-2009, 11:55
You'll definitely be in trouble against Wraiths with this list, since Kholek is the only model in your army that can hurt them;)

He can do it at range aswell remember :P

Seabo
23-09-2009, 14:34
Whole lotta speedy dragonkin death there. Would be highly amusing if someone tried heavens lore or Skryre magic against it :D
Would actually love to try that list out....if I could come up the the bajillion dollars that many metals would cost....

Enigmatik1
23-09-2009, 14:59
Whole lotta speedy dragonkin death there. Would be highly amusing if someone tried heavens lore or Skryre magic against it :D
Would actually love to try that list out....if I could come up the the bajillion dollars that many metals would cost....

Don't you select Lores and roll for spells after deployment? Who in their right mind would choose the Lore of Heavens against this list? :wtf: Now if you're forced to use Heavens or Skyre due to your army list, ala Skink Priests and such, then you get a pass...this time. :skull:

Mind you, I never have to bother with the tedious task of choosing spells/lores and tend to ignore that portion of the setup in general since most of my regular opponents either always take certain lores or are forced into their lores...so I could be mistaken. :D

Having said all that, it's too bad you can't find the points for two level 2 Sorcerers for some modicum of magic defense. However, with as much pain as this list is capable of bringing in a short period of time, you may not need it.

havoc626
24-09-2009, 00:29
He can do it at range aswell remember :P

Actually, does Kholek have magical attacks for the shooting? I wouldn't say so, as it is done in the shooting phase and doesn't state that they are magical. The Starcrusher was FAQed, so it is, but I don't think the lightning is.

As for the sorcerors, what lore would you recommend for me to give them if I cut down on other things (Thinking of dropping one unit of Dragon Ogres and also the champions from the squads as well, just so that I have some magic defence and some ranged attacks to take out etherals)

Kalec
24-09-2009, 00:38
You could try a bit of variety. Kholek is mentioned as being revered by the norsemen, so give him some followers.

Drop the DO champs, they are not worth it at all even with a warshrine, and you don't have one.