PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a novice warriors of chaos player

Da_Killa
23-09-2009, 09:36
hi i'm new to warhammer and i want to start warriors of chaos, are there any tips or advice that you could give me. im thinking of doing a Slanesh/Tzeench. help will be greatly apreciated

thanks
Da_Killa

Unuhexium
23-09-2009, 12:30
1. One word: Knights!
2. You have access to a massive magic phase, take advantage of it.
3. Infernal puppet plus Pandemonium shuts down your opponents magic phase.
4. Dogs are not meant for fighting, don't waste points by upgrading them.
5. Get a fair amount of dogs.
6. Daemon Prinses make poor generals.
7. Marauder horsemen are very versatile troops.

Avian
23-09-2009, 13:09
I'm playing a Slaanesh / Tzeentch list myself, so welcome to the club. :)

Here is the list I'm planning on taking to my next 2250 pt tournament, so that might give you some pointers:

Lord
Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch, lvl 4
- golden eye
- infernal puppet
- disc

Heroes
Sorcerer of Tzeentch, lvl 2
- book of secrets
- spell familiar
- disc
Exalted Battle Standard Bearer of Tzeentch
- sword of might
- shield
- bronze armour
- talisman of protection
- disc

Core
12 Warriors of Slaanesh
- halberds and shields
- full command
- war banner
25 Marauders of Slaanesh
- light armour and shields
- full command
2x 5 Horsemen of Slaanesh
- flails and light armour
- musician
3x 5 Warhounds

Special
5 Knights of Tzeentch
- standard and musician
- blasted standard
5 Knights of Slaanesh
- standard and musician
- banner of wrath

Rare
Warshrine of Slaanesh

Good luck!

Da_Killa
24-09-2009, 11:52
thanks for the tips so far, more will be greatly apreciated

Lord Khabal
24-09-2009, 12:08
Follow post n. 2. Knight spam whenever possible (no lances, standart and musician, khorne and slaanesh are the best options). If going the mage way take a lvl 4 of tzeentch in a disc+golden eye+enchanted shield+spell familiar for a 83% chance of gateway.
Use dogs to cover the knights and direct charges.

willowdark
24-09-2009, 18:10
Most people like Horsemen to fill out their core, but MSU Marauders will do it at half the price, making it easier to find points for infantry if you want it. Chaos Warriors are fantastic models and witht he right foresite they can be very effective, especially with a screen of Marauders to soak up missile fire and redirect.

Just playing the Devil's Advocate. You will obviously do better if you go all mounted, but Infantry is far from unplayable. My regular WoC opponent does very well with an emphasis on infantry, even against my Dark Elves.

Drachen_Jager
24-09-2009, 18:58
Generally the two most successful builds I'm aware of are;

Mix of Knights and Foot, lots of magic, maybe Hellcannons. This build allows you to take a bit of time to engage, with a powerful magic phase and some shooting you can protect your forces and don't need to rush into CC.

All mounted, light in magic (usually caddy only). This build is fast and hits hard, defense against magic and shooting is usually just a caddy and a row of Warhounds in front of your lines, between them they'll keep you alive without taking many big casualties until turn 3 when you should be getting your expensive units into close combat where they're safe from most magic and shooting. Knights are the core of this build and lots of Warhounds are essential for maximum efficiency.