PDA

View Full Version : 500 and 1k WoC (Friendly)

AlexB
23-09-2009, 17:04
It has been a few years since I last played WFB. but here goes my list for some friendly games with some of my friends. I am trying to build a cavalry based WoC army.

Normally, we play 500 point games just for quick, fun matches.

Heros
Sorcerer of Chaos
Level 2
Mark of Tzeench
Disc of Tzeench

Core
5x Marauder Horsemen
Light Armour
Flails

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

Special
5x Chaos Knights

For 1000 point games I will be running
Heros
Sorcerer of Chaos
Level 2
Mark of Tzeench
Disc of Tzeench
Golden Eye of Tzeench

Core
5x Marauder Horsemen
Light Armour
Flails
Mark of Nurgle

5x Marauder Horsemen
Light Armour
Flails
Mark of Nurgle

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Warhounds

Special
5x Chaos Knights
Mark of Nurgle

5x Chaos Knights
Mark of Nurgle

I am open to all advice for both armies. I will be playing against, Bretonnia, Empire, Dwarves, and maybe Vampire Counts. Thanks a lot.

Malorian
23-09-2009, 17:48
Don't think I would bother with magic at 500. With 4 PD vs 2 DD it's not going to be overly effective.

Same goes for 1000 although maybe even more so as your opponent is more likely to take magic defence.

So I'd change the sorcerer to a combat character setup for taking on monsters.

Jiggy
23-09-2009, 17:53
IDD magic is not that great with 1 wiz at 1k.
Perhaps take a tzeentch exalted on a disc with a nice wep.He can fly around and kill cavalry and monsters with his high strength.Just don't throw him on a RnF and he will get his points back for sure.

AlexB
23-09-2009, 18:04
Would an Exaulted hero on a Juggernaut replacing the Sorcerer be worth the points?

Jiggy
23-09-2009, 18:07
Yes on so small battles little can bring him down and he packs a nice punch.Just like the flying exalted thought DON'T send him alone against RnF.

AlexB
23-09-2009, 18:11
If I do run him, I will stick him with my Knights.

AlexB
24-09-2009, 02:06
A Revision of my 500 Point army

Exaulted Hero
- Chaos Steed
- Great Weapon
- Shield

5x Marauder Horsemen

5x Marauder Horsemen

5x Chaos Warhounds

5x Chaos Knights

Total is 499 Points.

Suggestions?

Jind_Singh
24-09-2009, 16:40
forget the great weapon - its only +1 strength - not worth it as you pay points to have high ini stats.
See if he can get an ensorcelled weapon like the knights, otherwise get him a really cheap magic weapon (cheapest possible) to deal with units that can only be damaged by magical weapons.
Otherwise its great for 500pts - infact theres nothing else you can do other than drop the knights, grab more horseman and hounds - but then you lose your hitting unit for the sake of multiple units running around so keep it as it is.

IN FACT I like your 500pts list so much that I will also collect the same one and have a small painted WoC army!!!