PDA

View Full Version : 2150 of Slanesh Daemonic Legion, my 1st army

owen matthew
11-05-2005, 07:07
:D Hello, this is my first fantacy army and I need some educated opinions and advice please. I have played two games so far and I enjoyed them both. I was destroyed in the magic phase in one game and I won by a landslide in the other. Fantacy is really a movement game in comparison to 40K( which I have played for 5 years). Anyway, here is the list....

1 keeper of secrets @ 625

1 Daemonic Herrald w/ @185
-mark of slanesh
-greater icon of chaos
- gaze of aquiessence

15 Daemonettes @246
-standard
-mussician

15 Daemonettes @246
-standard
-mussician

6 Mounted Daemonettes on Steeds @180

6 Mounted Daemonettes on Steeds @180

4 Pleasureseekers @ 220

1 Charriot of Slanesh @ 130

1 Charriot of Slanesh @ 130

So how is it? It is set for 2150 because I believe that is the RTT going value. Please give me whatever you have on my list, the army in general and anything else you see fit. I already have these models from an old 40K project, but I have many more mounteds and about 30 moer daemonettes. I also thought of using an Exalted Daemon and Daemon Prince, or Prince and 2 herralds. I just do not know. Thanks for your help, Owen Matthew :D

Riddy
16-05-2005, 19:21
The only thing i would change is the gaze from the herald to diabolic splendor, you want to keep him alive aslong as possible. I would also consider sticking him on a chariot, a US5 M10 chariot could be highly useful.

owen matthew
17-05-2005, 04:30
Thanks for the input. If I put him on the chariot it replaces one crew member. What is the benefit? Is it just in order to have a harder hitting chariot? excuse the ignorance :rolleyes: Also, I am toying around with a Daemon Prince and an Exalted Daemon with no magic levels instead of the Greater Daemon and the Herrald. Is this a bad idea? It would be more fun to model two big ones instead of one, but then I have no magic at all. How important is the magic for this army? Thanks :D

Hell's Angel
17-05-2005, 10:02
Well in the chariot he has a movement of 10, and well... Thats fast (as you obviously know.) Also yes the chariot is stronger with him in it (Ld and extra hitting power.) As for magic, I think that whenever you have troops that disappear from failed leadership tests being strong in each phase is important. Your sex-cow/goat is a l4 mage, which is good, but maybe a scroll caddy in the form of your Herrald (l2) would be good too. That would give you 6 casting dice, and 8 dispel... Not too shaggy.

Riddy
17-05-2005, 12:16
US5 is needed to cancel out ranks and with M10 you can charge 20", so lining up flank charges is pretty easy with a herald in a chariot.

Daemons are immune to psycology and now have a proper ward save, so being strong in the magic phase is no longer imperative, although i would leave the characters as they are as you cannot make the herald a magic user.

If you were to use the daemon prince and the exhalted i would give them both a scroll and maybe even Lv1 just to gave you a couple of extra dispel dice. Incase you end up fighting Elves or Tzeench.

Edit:

Ok so after working it out you could even go:

Prince
Slaanesh
Diabolic Splendour
Soul hunger
Blade of Ether OR Soporific Musk
Lv3

Exhalted
Slaanesh
Diabolic Splendour
Spell Breaker
Lv1

So you have 5 dispel dice and a scroll, plus everything you already have included.

owen matthew
18-05-2005, 05:45
Thank you for going over my questions and lists. I am thinking of your suggestions and I am trying to come up with something a bit more versatile than my first list. This one just sacrafices the magic; I may later find out that was not the way to go, but what do you think of it now? I like the models better in this one anyway, that may be my strategic downfall! I did make two units of pleasureseekers, instead of one, and I lost one musician in one of the daemonette squads. Thanks for your patience and your feedback. OM

Daemon Prince-415
-mark of slanesh
-Diabolic Splendor
-blade of the ether
-soul hunger

Exalted Daemon-300
-mark of slanesh
-diabolic splendor
-aura of slanesh

Daemonettes-246
-standard
-musician