PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Necromunda

Darkseer
16-01-2006, 16:22
Howdy folks,

my buddies and I are currently on game 3 of this year's Necromunda campaign.

Old Pa's Beardy Wanderers are currently top of the slag heap, while The Dukes of Biohazard aren't too far behind and down the bottom are The Applewood Boys who are fighting off the effects of starvation (It's great being an Outlander).

So far the gangs have had a few fights and looted a warehouse, but beyond that, there isn't much of a plot for this campaign.

This is where you come in.

What ongoing narratives have you come up with to make your games of Necromunda really rocking?

So far, we've had a campaign which involved numerous bank robberies and terrorist attacks, until the gangs were all brutally gunned down by the Adeptus Arbites.

The year before that the gangs were out to stop an Ork incursion in the underhive.

The year before that, we had a massive zombie outbreak. Everything looked fine, holed up in the Arbites precinct until the gangs found out that "Wobbly Bob" had been a lot sicker than he'd been letting on...

Venomizer
16-01-2006, 16:45
I've only just started playing Necromunda again recently, in fact me and my amigos only finished our campaign over the weekend: the rise a genestealer cult

the final battle was just a three-way shoot out against a unrelenting swarm of genestealers.........one of the best games of Necromunda I've ever played :evilgrin:

EVIL INC
16-01-2006, 19:03
You looking for a new idea to run in a reguler campaign? I would say possibly a chaos cult within the underhive that is building in power and actually able to summon lesser daemons. Then again, you could always possibly have a major war coming up with arbite (or gaurd) press gangs "recruiting".
If you are looking for a whole new campaign, here is an idea my buddies and I came up with, create a whole new world with a variety of races that match the fantasy ones. make up your gang using converions from fantasy races such as beastmen, skaven, orcs ect ect and when you make your gang, attach to it the rules of your favorite reguler necromunda gang. You could always permanantly attach specific "gangs" to specific races". Just a neat idea to give you a new and different look and feel to the game.

Darkseer
17-01-2006, 09:20
I like the genestealer plot.
We could have lots of ALIENesque stuff :)

Lardidar
17-01-2006, 10:09
I miss playing Necro :(

Chem-Dog
17-01-2006, 16:59
Darkseer, it seems to me that exotic nasties have been keeping the local wildlife at bay recently, I think the absence of these nasties might see a rapid resurgeance in Scavvy activity, perhaps the predominance of another Scav King.

Grimshawl
17-01-2006, 18:03
You could add in a pit slave rebelion brewing, yes the pit slaves have once again thrown off their shackles and are busy grisily dispatching any of their opresors they can catch , especially guilders and arbites!, perhaps stringing some of the outlander scenarios together and adding pitslave encounters into the campaign will spice things up, also maybe hint that the famous pitslave leader whatshisname, Bullgorge? is come back somehow, make up stats and have him appear in a big end of the campaign showdown, then throw in a twist in the end, like it turns out the pitslave boss was an imposter or even a robot disguised as the notorious pitslave leader. Anyway thats my suggestion.
also forgot add in a nice incentive like a huge bounty for his head or perhaps his vanquisher gets to keep his one in a million bolt pistal or just harvest and resale all his bionic parts, etc.

EVIL INC
18-01-2006, 05:00
How about a group of people who have gotten thier hands on a load of tau propoganda? That sort of thing could wreak some political havoc in the underhive.

Darkseer
18-01-2006, 09:14
Wow, these sounds really neat, especially the idea of having a character with a large bounty on his head.

Morph
18-01-2006, 13:49
I don't have any particular ideas, but I thought I'd say The Dukes Of Biohazard is the best gang name I've heard for a while. I might have to 'borrow' it some time...

Krusk
18-01-2006, 17:40
Chaos cultists with some limited CSM support. a CSM aspiring champion could wreak havoc, and generally be a nice goal to off.

Darkseer
19-01-2006, 19:08
I think if we have any space marines they will have to be given some really high stats (like all stats at 6), otherwise puny humans could be equally tough and skillful as a space marine and that's just plain wrong.

Binabik15
21-01-2006, 11:50
How about a mysterious wanderer that gives out high paid jobs to everybody he thinks to be worthy. This jobs range from theft over taking hostages down to political assassinations and faked riots.

In the end it turns out that this guy is really an Inquisitor who´s looking for a few worthy Acolytes for his retuine and thinks he could also dispose of some "unpleasant" guilders/arbites/cultists at the same time.

And nobody says he must be pro-Imperial...:angel:

Darkseer
22-01-2006, 12:30
I'm getting some sweet ideas from you people :D

Pez
22-01-2006, 13:56
In a campaign I played in a while back we had the backstory centred on the rise of a kind of psyker cult in the underhive - there was a chance a psyker might randomly join a battle, or the Arbitrator would control a gang of them against the "religious" gangers.

There was also the mystery head Wyrd, who was travelling through the area making speeches and holding secret meetings with other wyrds, trying to spread some kind of message. In the end it turned out that this mystery wyrd was a redemptor priest who had developed psychic powers long after his rise through the redemption ranks, and is passing them off as a gift from the Emperor.

We flamed him. Over and over.

Chem-Dog
23-01-2006, 09:45
Chaos cultists with some limited CSM support. a CSM aspiring champion could wreak havoc, and generally be a nice goal to off.

I once ran a Terminator squad through the underhive Vs every Gang model I could lay my hands on, suffice to say, should the Arbites ever want to clear up the underhive totally, they would just have to ask The nearest marine Chapter to lend them a squad or two of terminators.

If you like the Idea of a bounty, how about having a Boss (Skavvy King, Genestealer Magus, Chaos Demagogue, whatever) Who's Bounty rating is increased each time an affiliated gang breaks a law, each time a gang that works for this Boss fights, make a note of every negative modifier on the outlaw table that applies to the gang (wether it's reported or not) this will be the ammount the Boss' Bounty goes up, obviously, should the boss (a special Character) join the a Gang for a fight additional Bounty would be added, maybe roll a D6 for each -mod on the Outlaw chart.

Darkseer
23-01-2006, 10:34
We flamed him. Over and over.

*cackle*

This is why redemptionists rock.

Las time I was defending in a Rescue Mission, I simply set fire to the hotage and ran off. Har har :D

Big bounties have lots of uses for the GM.
Necromunda has been put on hold for a little while what with exams and stuff going on. But we'll start up again shortly.