PDA

View Full Version : BoC 3000 Pt Tourney List

Seabo
24-09-2009, 03:10
So here is the list I am taking for this weekends Battle of the Beasts :D. Great name even though I believe I am the only Beastie player. I opted against taking Morghur as last time I played him at this many points there was, in one battle, 10 different spawns, all with different wounds, trucking around the table. Very hard to keep track of lol. Khazrak and Gorthor are not worth the massive points and double hero slot IMO so I went with the generic. Chose a Beastlord over the Doombull I had originally planned for in case I run into any heavy warmachine or gunline armies. Ambush is gold against those. Also prefer Khorne as the best for its great amount of magic defence and extra attacks.
Now onto the list:
Beastlord
MoK, Trollhide Armour, Crown of Horns, Slaughterers Blade-225
->My Somewhat Immortal build as I call it:p If all else fails at least I can make an impressive show rolling tons of Dice :D
Great Bray Shaman
Lvl4, Chaos Armour, Staff of Darkotth, Power Stone-275
->Defensively Offensive caster. Most probably Beasts Lore. Hoping for the total power roll with the Power Stone at the perfect time to cast 'The Wild Call'
Bray Shaman(2 exact same build)
Lvl2, Braystaff, 2 Dispel Scrolls-166
->Running 2 of these. Most probably either 1 Beasts, 1 Death or both Death.
Wargor
MoK, BSB, Pelt of the Dark Young, Heavy Armour-149
->I opted for the +1 Magic Res armour instd of a banner. Alos gives him a 4+ save.
Wargor
MoK, Heavy Armour, Great Wepon, Rune of the True Beast-133
->Kind of an experiment. May be good if challenged by an Elf on a Dragon (Expecting a few of those)
CORE
18 Khorngors
FC w/Vitriolic Totem-318
->Both Wargors here...possibly Beastlord as well depending on opponent.
10 Gors/8 Ungors
FC-137
10 Gors/8 Ungors
FC-137
5 Gors/5 Ungors
Musi-60
5 Gors/5 Ungors
Musi-60
5 Gors/5 Ungors
Musi-60
->Skirmish screen and baiter units.
Chariot
MoK-125
Chariot
MoK-125
Chariot
MoK-125
SPECIALS
5 Centigors
Shields, Musi-102
3 Minotaurs
MoK, Great Weapons-183
2 Trolls-110
RARE
Chaos Giant-Drool
Mutant Monstrosity-225
2 Spawn-120
->2,999pts

14 Dispel Dice
10 Power Dice

Not exactly a 'Ard list but not a pansy list either. I figure I have plenty of magic defence and enough to have a bit of offensive spell punch. May get into trouble with lack of hard hitting units but I am going to be leaning very heavily on the Khorngors. They are rock hard and have rarely let me down. Basic strategy will be straightforward rush with the herds while Giant, Spawn and Chariots flank attack. Chaos Trolls are there because i've never tried them before and was running out of Ungors ;)
Not expecting first or second place finish but hopefully within top 5. I will be adding a Batrep blog along with creating some background fluff for the characters as well as, hopefully, some pics.

blackjack
24-09-2009, 16:40
Sigh... My Frod Lord breaths a bit easier now that Morghur is not attending. Still you should do really well against my Lizards as you can shut down most of my magic with 14dd and 2 dispell scrolls.

Seabo
24-09-2009, 18:00
That was a great battle lol. Pretty much went belly-up for ya though once the toad went spawning lol :D
Meh Morghur is to random and tough to Micro-manage at 3k..plus I only own 4 spawns.....

Malorian
24-09-2009, 18:24
MoK, Heavy Armour, Great Wepon, Rune of the True Beast-133
->Kind of an experiment. May be good if challenged by an Elf on a Dragon (Expecting a few of those)

So far I don't know of any elve players that will be showing up other than one dark elve player.

List looks cool. Love the amount of anti-magic while staying fightyish (I really hope they don't change the MoK in the new book).

Seems to be lacking the hammer unit section though given that's it's a 3K army... Like I posted in Blackjack's thread, Battle of the beasts is all about victory points and so those with more of an offensive build will do better. Hell you could lose every game but as long as you took most of your opponent down with you you'll be doing great :D

blackjack
24-09-2009, 19:43
I was thinking you might be better off with a doom bull instead of a great shaman, you still have 12 Dispel dice and 2 scrolls for defence, frankly 10 power dice will not acomplish much at 3k.

Harwammer
24-09-2009, 20:48
Not tempted to gorthor + slaanesh GBS + 4 giants?

Based on your list I'd say if you want to put a hero in the bestigor w/ vitriolic totem I'd make the hero spam attack rather than GW. Spam attack + poison will be pretty good, plus it will help kill enemy front rankers before they get a chance to kill your own fragile khornigor front rank, mitigating the great weapon's always strike last rule.

Seabo
25-09-2009, 00:58
Hmm...may drop the Great Shammy and add the doombull..may lack a hard hitting unit but hopefully the speed and mobility of my beast herds will help with flanking support charges. As I said it is an experimental build.