PDA

View Full Version : Cultists?

Tokugawa100
24-09-2009, 10:16
Have Cultists ever been in a chaos codex, they just seem like such an important unit of the mortal followers.
Even in black library, DOW and background they are important.
I cant see them being powerful, more like a meat shield that knows no fear.
I hope they put them in the next codex.
But back to the topic
2 Questions.

1. Have they ever been in a chaos codex.

2. Would you like to see them in the next codex.

AndrewGPaul
24-09-2009, 10:18
1) Yes; Codex: Chaos 2nd edition, along with a Daemon army list.

2) Not sure; Perhaps they'd be better served with a separate codex, rather than a cheap meat-shield unit in Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

Kurisu313
24-09-2009, 10:20
Have Cultists ever been in a chaos codex, they just seem like such an important unit of the mortal followers.
Even in black library, DOW and background they are important.
I cant see them being powerful, more like a meat shield that knows no fear.
I hope they put them in the next codex.
But back to the topic
2 Questions.

1. Have they ever been in a chaos codex.

2. Would you like to see them in the next codex.

1. Yes

2. Perhaps a token unit for those legions who use them, but they deserve their own codex. Lost and the Damned are awesome.

sharkaithegreat
24-09-2009, 10:24
I would love to see them in a chaos codex, they should be the same as IG conscripts with more options (some special weps).

ntin
24-09-2009, 10:25
@#1 There was a web supplement between the 1st and 2nd Chaos Marine Codex in 3rd edition that added Cultist Mobs for Alpha Legion or Word Bearers (cannot recall). They could be deployed in a huge mob of 40 or 50 Cultists armed with clubs.

@#2 I would like to see them again for Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, or an otherwise non-marked/undivided Chaos Legion just to add a little flavor.

*edit* found the ancient link http://web.archive.org/web/20010331041534/www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/chaos/chaoscultists.htm

grissom2006
24-09-2009, 10:42
Yes they was in the Codex and they may make a come back but only if GW pulls it's finger out to do the Legion lists. Personally i have no problems with the rules for them and the other Legion lists being used in a game.

Logarithm Udgaur
24-09-2009, 11:08
1) They have been in every codex since 2nd edition (barring the current one) AFAIK.

2) Most definitely.

On a somewhat amusing side note, they (or something like them) are also in Codex:Witchhunters in the adversaries section.

totgeboren
24-09-2009, 11:41
I still use the rules from the link Ntin posted for my Word Bearers (those came with 3:ed), and I use my cultists as conscripts for my traitor guards (see link in my sig).

Mojaco
24-09-2009, 12:13
There was also the Legion of the Damned army list. It allowed for a cultist/traitor army with some marine, daemon and spawn support. It was awesome.... :(

Chaos and Evil
24-09-2009, 12:19
Imperial Armour VI and VII contain Khorne and Nurgle 'Lost & Damned' army lists.

Kurisu313
24-09-2009, 12:23
There was also the Legion of the Damned army list. It allowed for a cultist/traitor army with some marine, daemon and spawn support. It was awesome.... :(

The Legion of the Damned are a cursed founding marine chapter.

It's the Lost and the Damned which are the cultist/traitor army.

Mojaco
24-09-2009, 12:28
Ah yes, I stand corrected.

Grindgodgrind
24-09-2009, 12:36
I always wanted to make an Alpha Legion army with lots of cultists, especially as the 3.5 ed codex gave options for them to have melta bombs, furious charge, etc...