PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Greenskin 'counts as' Khorne WoC

Totengraber
24-09-2009, 17:21
Just built this army through Army Builder, I don't yet have the WoC book to check how well this all goes together. I'd like some advice from some experienced WoC players.

Exalted Hero (MoK, XHW, Sh, Jugger, Bronze Armor of Zhrakk, Collar of Khorne) - 224
- Using Orc Boss on Wyvern

Chaos Sorcerer (Lv2, Bloodcurdling Roar, Rod of Torment, Lore of Fire) - 185
- Using Orc Shaman

Chaos Marauders x20 (MoK, FC, LA, Sh) - 170
- Using Orc Boyz

Chaos Warriors x12 (MoK, FC, XHW) - 252
- Using Black Orcs

Chaos Warriors x12 (MoK, FC, XHW) - 252
- Using Black Orcs

Chaos Hounds x5 - 30
- Might just use Chaos Hounds without all the spikes and such

Chaos Hounds x5 - 30
- Might just use Chaos Hounds without all the spikes and such

Chaos Knights x5 (MoK, FC, HW, Sh) - 280
- Orc Boars with Black Orc Riders

Chaos Knights x5 (MoK, FC, HW, Sh) - 280
- Orc Boars with Black Orc Riders

Hellcannon - 205
- Using the Rock Lobba

Forsaken - 90
- Not sure on these since I'm not positive what they are in the Chaos book

Total - 1998

Thanks!

Malorian
24-09-2009, 18:57
I think you should have left out the count-as as I have more comments on it than I do the actual list ;)

Using as flying mosnter to represent a juggernaught isn't a good choice as chaos characters could be on manticores or dragons and you don't want to confuse your opponent any more than needed.

The rock lobba is a horrible representitive for the hell cannon both in size and function.

Do you actually plan to continually use these orcs to be these models? I'm guessing yes due to the black orc/boar boy conversions, and if that's true then I would REALLY make sure your opponents are ok with the idea first.

Totengraber
24-09-2009, 19:20
Good point on the Jugger/Wyvern. Perhaps I just put the Hero on a Demonic Mount and use a Warboss on a Boar instead?

As for the Rock Lobber, I just looked at the Orc artillery and chose that one. I am using Chaos Warhounds, so I guess it's not beyond the pale that I could use the actual Hellcannon and have it crewed by Orcs instead of Chaos Dwarfs.

I'm more concerned about the viability of the list than which models I'll be using to represent the different units.

Thanks!

Catferret
25-09-2009, 08:38
Sligtly off topic, but if you go for the daemonic mount approach for the warboss, then use the Gorbad Ironclaw model. It's freaking huge. Heck, you could easy count it as a Juggernaut too.

jigplums
25-09-2009, 12:57
go on then i'll ask. WHY?

Alcibiades
25-09-2009, 22:02
Forsaken are overly mutated Chaos Warriors, halfway to spawnhood. You could either do some crazy conversions on more Black Orcs, or for more fun, squigs on 25mm bases?

:rolleyes:
I'm sure he's doing it solely to **** you off.

Paraelix
28-09-2009, 01:12

Probably a WoW player attempting to mimic the daemon worshipping Orc tribes (the red ones)

Totengraber
28-09-2009, 10:29
Um, no. I don't play WoW. I just thought it might be a fun idea.

Alcibiades
28-09-2009, 16:51
Do what you think looks cool. If you get too much flack about it, point people in the direction of the Gobtonnia Army in the Project Logs.

Totengraber
28-09-2009, 18:53
This is the list I'm thinking about now:

New list:
Exalted Hero (MoK, Shield, Collar of Khorne, Juggernaut) - 205
Chaos Sorcerer (Lvl 2, Bloodcurdling Roar, Dispel Scroll x2) - 190

Marauders x20 (MoK, St, Mu, LA, Shields) - 162
Chaos Warriors x12 (MoK, St, Mu, Halberds) - 240
Chaos Warriors x12 (MoK, St, Mu, XHW) - 240
Chaos Hounds x5 - 30
Chaos Hounds x5 - 30
Marauder Horsemen x5 (MoK, Flails) - 105

Chaos Knights x5 (MoK, St, Mu, Shields) - 260
Chaos Knights x5 (MoK, St, Mu, Shields) - 260

Hellcannon - 205

Total - 1927

So that's 73 point left over. I could add a Spawn, maybe, but without the MoK.

Paraelix
28-09-2009, 23:07
Do what you think looks cool. If you get too much flack about it, point people in the direction of the Gobtonnia Army in the Project Logs.

Ha. I personally don't care what your army appears to be if it makes sense... But there are a load of players who won't give a ff. Pointing to someone elses army ideas won't change their opinion.

Just make sure that at every step of the game your opponent is completely clued into what each unit is.

Einholt
28-09-2009, 23:12
LoL when I saw the post I actually thought you would be using Orc rules with WoC models. (I'm an ex mono Khorne player) that should tell you something.