PDA

View Full Version : 3000 pt 2 Dragon Ard Boyz List

artyboy
24-09-2009, 20:09
In an effort to come up with the most over the top list possible I came up with this duel dragon 'ard boyz list. A very shooty army would probably cause a lot of pain but they'd only get one round of shooting on me. Tell me what you think of it.

560 Dread Lord - Dragon, Armor of Darkness, Pendant of Khaeleth, Crimson Death, Null Talisman

665 High Sorceress - Level 4, Dragon, Black Amulet, Tome of Furion

235 Sorceress - Level 2, Dark Pegasus, Ring of Hotek, Dispel Scroll

235 Sorceress - Level 2, Dark Pegasus, Focus Familiar, Dispel Scroll

151 Assassin - AHW, Manbane, Rending Stars

100 10 RxBmen

100 10 RxBmen

117 5 Dark Riders - RxBs, Musician

117 5 Dark Riders - RxBs, Musician

55 5 Harpies

114 6 Shades - Great Weapons, Light Armor

175 Hydra

175 Hydra

200 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

blackjack
24-09-2009, 20:47
A sorc on a dragon is a waste of a dragon. You will not want to engadge in CC because the mage would rather cast. Keeping the dragon out of CC is a wasted dragon.

Giving any sorceress never mind a level 2 sorceres the ring of hotek is bizzare.

You ****** block your own magic phase with these sorts of decisions.

Much better would be two lords, one with hotek on dragons and two level 1 foot sorcs with scrolls for magic defence. Use the saved points on more shades and you can get a third hydra at 3k if I am not mistaken, if so then take one, they are the among the best point for point units in the game.

artyboy
24-09-2009, 21:47
There are plenty of units that the dragon can easily take down by itself. There are enough useful spells that can be cast into combat or while in combat that being in combat shouldn't be that much of a hamper. She can break ranks and the dragon causes terror. I'd mostly just use her to support the hydras and the lord.

The ring on the sorc is to ensure that I can fly ahead early and keep the ring's bubble around my big flyers. I don't see why it's bizarre? Careful placement of the wearer will ensure that it doesn't affect me.

Running two lords on dragons would screw over my magic phase much more imo. It would be non existent.

blackjack
24-09-2009, 22:15
You don't see the problem with putting a ring of hotek on a 235pt caster? You do understand that the ring works against your magic too right?

Malorian
24-09-2009, 22:53
A sorcerer on a dragon works well if she has the pendant and the focus familiar.

Then the mage will be safe in combat while the dragon rips things apart and you can use the focus familiar to cast things out of combat.

Seabo
25-09-2009, 01:05
I kinda like the idea of the Sorc on a dragon. Will cause a lot of doubletakes :D
But yeah..in general agreement her with the ring..too much potential to wind up screwing your own magic as well

theunwantedbeing
25-09-2009, 01:20
Put the ring of hotek on your sorceress on dragon, the black amulet is a waste.

Lord Dan
25-09-2009, 01:43
Put the ring of hotek on your sorceress on dragon

Sorry, what?

Boondock
25-09-2009, 04:34
I don't think this list will fare well against magic heavy VC or Nurgle Daemons... especially if that Daemon player gets his level 1 spell off.

Those armies I would imagine will be fairly prominent.

artyboy
25-09-2009, 19:16
Guys, it's not that hard to keep the character who has the ring of hotek outside of 12 inches of potential targets. Most dark elf spells have ranges of 18"+, anyway.

I've toyed with the idea of putting the 1+ armor and the black amulet on the lord and calling it good. I just prefer that he has a magic weapon. It would certainly open up more options for the sorc

The nurgle sniping spell does really worry me.

Lord Dan
25-09-2009, 21:03
Guys, it's not that hard to keep the character who has the ring of hotek outside of 12 inches of potential targets. Most dark elf spells have ranges of 18"+, anyway.

I think you should re-read the item entry for the ring of hotek. You have half of it's effects down, but you seem to be missing the other important part (the one that talks about anything cast within the bubble).