PDA

View Full Version : WoC Player Looking For Hardboyz Advice

Morglum5780
24-09-2009, 20:14
Hello. I am getting ready for Hardboys and I am planning on using 2 sorc lords and 2 regular sorcs. Currently i plan on the lords having the MoT (one of them being Vilitch) and each casting Gateway as often as possible, and the lvl2 sorcs having MoN for buboes spam. I was wonderinfg if this is a good idea or if I should have the lvl2 sorcs have the MoT and spam Flickering Fire.

P.S. This was supposed to be posted in the tactics forum, but warseer is not allowing me to make ne threads there for some reason.

QuasiEvil
24-09-2009, 20:21
If your going to go real magic crazy you should definitely think about replacing one of the Sorcerer Lords with a Daemon Prince with MoT and Tendrils.

Also I would think including the Infernal Puppet would mandatory with the amount magic that will be seen in that no comp tourney. Maybe think about Black Tongue/Puppet combo which will be great against Vamps.

Morglum5780
24-09-2009, 20:33
I will be using the puppet, not sure about the tongue though. I will think about the DP though, my problem with him is that i dont have magic items, and vilitch doesnt either, so i end up with only 2 sorcs with MIs and one will have to have the puppet and that doesnt leave much room for much more.

Masque
25-09-2009, 02:44
Consider taking Vilitch for his amazing dispell powers.

Also: Lots of scrolls.

Roark
25-09-2009, 03:19
The Tongue is kinda OK on a Sorceror Lord (in conjunction with a Puppet somewhere) because you don't immediately give up half victory points... Don't put it on a Hero-level sorceror, though.

Still... that's 50 pts and a wound for a one-hit item that is far from guaranteed to nail the enemy character.

Morglum5780
25-09-2009, 04:45
a DP may be too expensive to fit into my list, so i will probably stick with my 2 lvl4s and 2 lvl2...

Any thoughts on whether it is better for the lvls 2 to do buboes spam or be marked with Tz?

Enigmatik1
25-09-2009, 04:59
A tricked out Daemon Prince, while being a very good caster, is too expensive imo. Whenever I fiddle around with one, I end up spending over 500 points and that's without spending all 100 points of Chaos Gifts. :cries:

I also tend to Mark my Daemon Princes Slaanesh w/o Tendrils and Diabolic Splendor instead to save points. So imagine what you'd spend taking DP.

zerachiel
25-09-2009, 06:41
If your going to go real magic crazy you should definitely think about replacing one of the Sorcerer Lords with a Daemon Prince with MoT and Tendrils.

Also I would think including the Infernal Puppet would mandatory with the amount magic that will be seen in that no comp tourney. Maybe think about Black Tongue/Puppet combo which will be great against Vamps.

Since this is Hardboyz, I'd be very, very wary of taking a Daemon Prince (unless you particularly enjoy the look of pure happiness on the face of your opponent every time they see your army). A Level 4 Tzeentch Prince is 475 points without Gifts. With just the Tendrils he clocks in at 535 points. That's expensive. A Sorcerer Lord can emulate most of the Prince's abilities for 360 points (disk, mark, runesword). A Power Familiar or Book of Secrets will give the Lord more Power Dice and spells (and he can even take both) than the DP, and Terror is pretty useless against the myriad of Daemons and Vampire Counts (and even Dark Elves, who are Ld9 across the board pretty much...). Give the Sorcerer Lord a Collar of Khorne and he can even shield your prized unit from a lot of magic. Give him the Golden Eye of Tzeentch and he can wander about with a better Ward than the Prince.

A Sorcerer Lord is much more cost-effective than a Daemon Prince, while the advantages the Prince offers over the Lord are negligible (Terror, US3, 4+ Ward) compared to his high cost. Tendrils will make you miscast less, but with a Puppet you can escape the worst of miscasts anyway.

Warp-Juicer
25-09-2009, 20:13
I myself was thinking One Tzeench Sorc Lord, One Nurgle Sorc Lord, One tzeench Sorc, One Nurgle Sorc, and then a banner bearer with either the BoTG, or the doom Totem.

than, fill up rares with Hellcannons.
Fill up troop choices with Warriors, maybe add a chosen squad in there...
If there is room for it, add in Wulfric and a huge squad of Mauraders.

zerachiel
25-09-2009, 20:17
I myself was thinking One Tzeench Sorc Lord, One Nurgle Sorc Lord, One tzeench Sorc, One Nurgle Sorc, and then a banner bearer with either the BoTG, or the doom Totem.

than, fill up rares with Hellcannons.
Fill up troop choices with Warriors, maybe add a chosen squad in there...
If there is room for it, add in Wulfric and a huge squad of Mauraders.

Wulfrik's been performing sub-par for me whenever I field him, usually due to the slow movement of his unit (and him), and the fact that warmachines can shoot you up before you get to charge, while everything else can just move away from you.

He'll only really perform against a gun-line that cannot maneuver very easily, and even then the gun-line must not be able to move and shoot, or he'll get pincushioned.

PeG
25-09-2009, 20:52
I would go with the original suggestion for heroes. Buboes is usually good for drawing dispel dice or if your opponent wants to save their dice to kill some casters thereby limiting their magic defence.

The tongue can also be good on a lord and you dont need to fry your opponent to make it worth 50 points. Taking away IoN from a VC lord spamming with one dice means a lot less models to kill. Similar goes for a lot of other combos ie removing gateway from WoC, High lore of metal spells etc. Since you can also modify the roll you should have a good chance of a result that either kills the caster or at least removes a spell.

Warp-Juicer
25-09-2009, 21:56
Wulfrik's only purpose is to deliver the Marauders somewhere effective. I once used them to chase fleeing models into.

Also, an interesting note I just thought of... You technically can't use Vilitch for this, as he does not have an official model yet! Unless the WYSIWYG rules are less strict for the Fantasy hardboyz.

Morglum5780
26-09-2009, 00:00
You dont need a model to field a SC. any conversion will work.