PDA

View Full Version : Question about army battle standard bearer and combat resolution bonuses

Engra Deathsword
24-09-2009, 19:30
Hey guys,

In the Warriors of Chaos army book, it mentions that an Exalted Hero can become a battle standard bearer, but cannot take any other magic item if they do so. I've been interpreting this as the bsb cannot take anything that is magic, including weapons and armor. Is this the correct interpretation?

Also, the rule book mentions that the bsb confers an additional +1 to combat resolution (if in the front rank) which stacks with the unit's regular standard bearer bonus. Now if the bsb takes the "War Banner" (from basic rule book), does the "War Banner" confer another +1 to combat resolution?

Example:
+1 combat res from bsb
+1 combat res from War Banner
+1 combat res from unit's regular standard bearer

total combat res bonus is +3, correct?

Thanks!

Sirroelivan
24-09-2009, 19:39
Yes, that is correct.

Onidan
24-09-2009, 19:41
Yes, a BSB with magic banner may not take any other other magical equipment. I donīt know if itīs different with WoC, but I doubt it. But please note that not the BSB status takes away the magicla equipment, but the usage of a magical standart.

So a BSB with magical weapon/armor should still be possible, unless he has a magical banner. It is in all book I know at least.

And yes, BSB + regular standard + War Banner give indeed 3 Combat Res before any outnumbering or ranks or wounds.

siphon101
24-09-2009, 19:59
Hey guys,

In the Warriors of Chaos army book, it mentions that an Exalted Hero can become a battle standard bearer, but cannot take any other magic item if they do so. I've been interpreting this as the bsb cannot take anything that is magic, including weapons and armor. Is this the correct interpretation?

Also, the rule book mentions that the bsb confers an additional +1 to combat resolution (if in the front rank) which stacks with the unit's regular standard bearer bonus. Now if the bsb takes the "War Banner" (from basic rule book), does the "War Banner" confer another +1 to combat resolution?

Example:
+1 combat res from bsb
+1 combat res from War Banner
+1 combat res from unit's regular standard bearer

total combat res bonus is +3, correct?

Thanks!

correction, a BSB may take magic items (up to 50 points) OR take a magic banner (of any points) but not both. A BSB without a magic banner can still take magic items, but IF he takes a magic standard, then he can take no other magic items.

The rest of your post is spot on.

Necromancy Black
25-09-2009, 04:59
Yes, a BSB with magic banner may not take any other other magical equipment. I donīt know if itīs different with WoC, but I doubt it.

It's a per army rule, kinda like how in the new books BSB can take shields.

But in the OP's case you can either have a magic banner or take magic items. It's one or the other.