PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Hard boyz Daemons-need help first tournament

hidachab
24-09-2009, 21:01
I'm planning on playing in the local hardboyz tournament this weekend at my local store. The majority of the players there are known for taking really cheezy combo's and exploiting armies. So, I have no issues playing a broken cheesy daemon army. I normally play 40K daemons, and decided to take them for a spin in fantasy.

I'm having a hard time getting a list together, any help would be much appreciated.

Core
10x bloodletter
Musician

10x deamonettes
musician

21x plague
musician
stabdard
seeping decay

10x horrors
changling

Special

6x khorne hounds

6x khorne hounds

Rare
5x flamers

1x beasts of nurgle
1x beasts of nurgle

GUO
lvl 4 wiz
slime trail
trappings of nurgle
Mucus

Heros
Skulltaker
juggernaugt

Blue scribes

Herald of Nurgle
lvl 1 wiz
palaquin
staff of nurgle

Herald of khorne
obsidian armor

herald of tzentch
2x spell breaker

I've got a good number of models, so can take and add a lot. I have an additional 10 daemonettes I can use. However, I've got no additional pink horrors or bloodletters. I can actually field a total of 22 khorne hounds. I've got 3 screamers, and 3 fiends of slannesh. I've got a KOS, another Herald of Nurgle and a Herald of Slannesh. However, I don't have any chariots for any Herald.

Thanks for any help or advice

Jind_Singh
25-09-2009, 02:03
I'm planning on playing in the local hardboyz tournament this weekend at my local store. The majority of the players there are known for taking really cheezy combo's and exploiting armies. So, I have no issues playing a broken cheesy daemon army. I normally play 40K daemons, and decided to take them for a spin in fantasy.

I'm having a hard time getting a list together, any help would be much appreciated. I cant put my finger on it but you seem to have so little for so many points!! Lets see what we can do.....

Core
10x bloodletter
Musician

10x deamonettes
musician
drop both their musicians - your better off
21x plague
musician
stabdard
seeping decay
ok, so we have at least one decent unit here - is seeping decay reroll to wound? better of with posion adding combat res icon if it is.

10x horrors
changling
yeah, changling is good for laugh but dont forget you pay points for 10 horrors at 120 pts, then you add the changling cost on top
Special

6x khorne hounds

6x khorne hounds
drop unit size to 5 - you need pretty much all the dudes on the field!
Rare
5x flamers

1x beasts of nurgle
1x beasts of nurgle
yeah, beasts are fine but your 3 fiends ARE SO MUCH BETTER! 12 str 4 attacks, WS4, -2 armour save, musk - oh and a 20" charge? T4 = are you kidding me?! Those dudes are AMAZING! Bundle the 2 beasts as 1 choice and take the fiends as well
GUO
lvl 4 wiz
slime trail
trappings of nurgle
Mucus

Heros
Skulltaker
juggernaugt

Blue scribes

Herald of Nurgle
lvl 1 wiz
palaquin
staff of nurgle

Herald of khorne
obsidian armor
drop his sorry ass - he has not got a jugger so no point - and besides who cares for obsidian armour on a naked herald - he wont appear to be a threat to make characters take him on - and no one will challenge him as he has killing blow with hatred, give him armour of khorne and firestorm blade if you got heart set on taking him.
herald of tzentch
2x spell breaker
sadly you can only give one spell breaker to this guy

I've got a good number of models, so can take and add a lot. I have an additional 10 daemonettes I can use. However, I've got no additional pink horrors or bloodletters. I can actually field a total of 22 khorne hounds. I've got 3 screamers, and 3 fiends of slannesh. I've got a KOS, another Herald of Nurgle and a Herald of Slannesh. However, I don't have any chariots for any Herald.

Thanks for any help or advice

[COLOR="red"]wow, tough list in the sense its tough to build. If I had your models I would build it kind of like this (BUT I NEED TO THINK THIS OVER)

HoN, He is your BSB, 50pt icon (I prefer the sundering std, -2 to cast spells), with level 1 magic, planiquin, slime trail
21 plauge bearers with full command, icon of enternal virulence
Beast of Nurgle

HoS, etherblade, level 1
19 deamonettes, full command, siren std
3 fiends

HoT, spell breaker, master of sorcery
10 horrors
3 screamers

skulltaker on jugger
10 bloodletters
5 fleshounds
5 fleshounds
5 fleshounds

For the greater Deamon I favour the Keeper based on your model collection - Papa Nurgle adds a lvl 4 to your army but he is slow - and your army is too small to be slow - you need speed of keeper running in for combat. I would not even bother with his magic levels, keep him naked lvl 1 and run for combat! I personally favour spirit swallower as it is unexpected, everyone likes the siren call one but I like him regaining wounds by causing wounds in combat!

You will have to play with the points, i think it might be just over - if so you'll have to make some hard choices as pretty mcuh everything above is needed!

This way you got 2 big blocks of troops, 1 is a tarpit and wont die, the other is speedy and hitty
horrors wont die with their pesky 4+ ward and might (but doubt iut) cast spells too - but at least they add +1 to dispell pool.
Bloodletters - well keep them plain janes, their role is to prevent other things from flanking you. Use them, they will be expendable in this army. You could even deploy them 10 wide and use them as a screen to hide the actual army behind
3 flshound units is a must as you got nothing else! Along with the screamers, fiends, and the keeper you got yourself a mobile element - use them all on same flank (well with 1 unit of hounds on other flank) and thats pretty hurty! I have turned peoples flanks with much less.
A great tactic is to charge a unit from the front with your speedy deamonettes (and they cant flee either as you got siren standard) and at same time hit the flanks with your hounds/keeper/fiends!
Play your cards right and it might be ok - but notice how I sacrificed your magic phase to get units on the field - this is because you lack the proper units to play smaller deamon numbers backed by big set peices - those would be more horrors/bloodthirster, etc, etc
Hope this helps

Izram
25-09-2009, 12:04
Looks like a balanced list that might actually be an interesting game against daemons!

Good on ya.

I agree with Jind on the HoN build, although i think the 25 pts in a PB banner is wasted. I think you can find better use of the points somewhere else, you don't need PBs to put out that much dmg, you have plenty of khorne.

It looks like you are trying to have an offensive magic phase, so maybe drop mucus and slime off the GUO and throw on another staff of nurgle. The more bound spells the better. With trappings, and his low dmg output, the GUO doesn't want to be stuck in combat for most of the game anyways. Use him if you get an oppurtune flank if you can, but otherwise he is a big tough caster that denies points by just being expensive and hard to kill.