PDA

View Full Version : How do you arm chosen of chaos?

Seal Cub
25-09-2009, 02:08
What's your favourite choice of weapon(s) on a unit of chosen warriors of chaos? I'm soon gonna assemble some and I need advice! Please also tell my why you think a certain option is better.

The unit in question will be 12 strong and have the mark of Slaanesh.

So,
1. HW/Shield
2. Halberd/Shield
3. GW/Shield
4. Additional HW/Shield

(yea I'm always gonna equipp shields for extra shooting protection.)

Harbinger09
25-09-2009, 02:53
I generally always go MoS shields/halberds, I've had a good bit of success with the unit so that's what I would recommend :)

Enigmatik1
25-09-2009, 03:00
Traditionally, I'd do exactly what Harbinger suggested. It never ceases to amaze me how many people sleep on the Mark of Slaanesh from reading various forums.

However, if I knew most of what I'd be facing with them were weaker troops that would have a hard time hitting or wounding me, I might be bold and go additional hand weapon (while still taking the shield for shooting defense).

Roark
25-09-2009, 03:16
I tend to go with Great Weapons and shields and Mark of Slaanesh. It's expensive, but I only ever run one unit of no more than 12, and I figure that I may as well give them the best gear they can get.

My Chosen unit Champion always has the Favour of the Gods too, and I run a Warshrine, so there's always a reasonable chance of getting one of the following:
+1 Toughness
+1 AS
4+ Ward and Stubborn

...any of which will significantly mitigate the diadvantages of striking last in prolonged combats (or just charging against the Helves, who are one of my frequent opponents).

Enigmatik1
25-09-2009, 03:19
One thing I've been thinking is running a Chosen Champion with a Glaive of Putrefaction alongside an Exalted Hero with the Rapier of Ecstasy.

Anyone try ever try this?

Midevil216
25-09-2009, 16:48
great weapon - mark of nurgle

BigbyWolf
25-09-2009, 17:10
I know it's not exactly Slaaneshi, but I've been using 12 Chosen, extra H/W, Shields, MoTz, Book of Secrets (Lore of Fire) and Banner of Wrath.

When you roll Flaming Sword you get a silly amount of attacks from the unit, roll anything else and you have a double magic missile slinging unit that compliaments any Tzeentch army (let's not forget that as he has MoT the Champion also gets +1 to cast his spell...)

Anyway, back to your original query- I always go extra H/W, as I tend to have enough heavy hitters in my list (Knights, Trolls, etc).

eyescrossed
25-09-2009, 17:35
I take a unit of 12 Slaaneshi Chosen with Halberds/Shields, Favour of the Gods and the Rapturous Standard, accompanied by Sigvald and a Sorcerer.

The combination of Stubborn Ld10 and the Standard mean they only break on the roll of a natural 11, if they lose combat.

PeG
25-09-2009, 20:56
GW, shields, MoS, favor of the gods followed by at least one warshrine (potentially 2 of which one changes to another unit after getting ward)

I have also used them with MoK which also gives immunity to fear and extra attacks. With M4 I usually dont run away after the wrong things anyway but rather use them as an anvil.

Avian
25-09-2009, 21:36
I'm assembling mine at the moment and I'm going for 12 Chosen of Tzeentch with halberds, shields, full command, Favour of the Gods and the Banner of Rage.
Should be fun...

Seal Cub
26-09-2009, 03:25
Thx for your replies!

MY first thought was Halberds, but my main opponents are Elves and empire so additional HW would certainly be usefull as well.

I really like your set up eyescrossed, although I'm probobly not gonna use Sigvald.

eyescrossed
26-09-2009, 06:30
I really like your set up eyescrossed, although I'm probobly not gonna use Sigvald.
It's cool, and great on the offense and defense, but to be honest it isn't that points efficient :D