PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a little list building game - WoC

dwarfhold13
25-09-2009, 01:25
alright.. i'm not too experienced in this army, but i do own the book, but with that said, i'm trying to build a list for him out of what he owns. he doesn't play a lot because of work, but wants to be able to when he has time off.. so enough of that.. here is what he has:
Lords and Heroes:
Lord on Daemonic mount

Core:
20 hounds
5 marauder horsemen
36 warriors
30 marauders

Special:
10 chosen
10 knights

Rare:
shaggoth

he knows he will need some magic defense so 2 level 2's in his future is obvious.. but how would you tool them up. and also, try not to add more than two or three more things, but see what you can come up with :)
thanks!
Jon

lcfr
25-09-2009, 02:31
2 units of 5 knights of Khorne maybe w/standard and mus.; you're looking at just over 500pts right there. 5 horsemen w/flails, musician, and mark of slaanesh is about 100. A block of anywhere from 25-30 marauders w/LA, shields, FC, and mark of slaanesh should run close to 200pts. Shaggoth's another what, 300pts? So you have about 1100pts already. Add an Exalted Champ on daemonic mount w/some magic equipment and now you have another 200ish pts, plus two lvl1 scroll caddies for another 250ish pts. Now we should be at about 1500pts, right? Add in four units of 5 pooches to pump it to bump another 120pts. Then you spend 280pts first and foremost on a small unit of Chaos Warriors to fulfill your min. Core and whatever pts left either on magic banners or more Warriors (don't think you have room for Chosen).

The two lvl1s either get decked out in scrolls or have one carry the scrolls and the other carry the infernal puppet, maybe the exalted champ takes the black tongue? Exalted Champs can get on just fine w/a flail, a mark, and a shield, maybe a daemonic gift like bloodcurling roar. The Warriors on foot can always go for a Warbanner. Pretty rushed run-down but I think it's straight forward enough.

pcgamer72
25-09-2009, 04:47
alright.. i'm not too experienced in this army, but i do own the book, but with that said, i'm trying to build a list for him out of what he owns. he doesn't play a lot because of work, but wants to be able to when he has time off.. so enough of that.. here is what he has:
Lords and Heroes:
Lord on Daemonic mount

Core:
20 hounds
5 marauder horsemen
36 warriors
30 marauders

Special:
10 chosen
10 knights

Rare:
shaggoth

he knows he will need some magic defense so 2 level 2's in his future is obvious.. but how would you tool them up. and also, try not to add more than two or three more things, but see what you can come up with :)
thanks!
Jon

It's definitely a nice foundation to build from. I would recommend getting at least 5 more Chosen, in order to make that already expensive unit a bit more survivable. 10 Knights should be fine for anything under 3,000, and the mark is really player's preference (although, Nurgle is great). I would probably recommend one more unit of Marauder Horsemen and 20 more Marauders because small units of Marauders are basically worthless (except to fill out min core, if that were to be the goal.) THe rest of it seems very flexible and you can field the Warriors in small units of 10-12 or a couple of larger units of 18-20. As far as the sorcerors go, if you are going strictly anti-magic, then I would most likely bring 2 scrolls and the Infernal Puppet. Take maximum advantage of the times when your opponent does miscast.