PDA

View Full Version : 1000Pts WoC

Keeperofthepies
25-09-2009, 03:53
Alright, this is my first list. If it sucks, please tell me what I can do to fix it. I'm not looking at making huge changes.

Heroes
Champion of Chaos: Mark of Khorne, Shield, Axe of Khorne
Champion of Chaos: Mark of Khorne, 2 dispel scrolls

Core
20 Marauders: Shields & Full Command - x2
5 Chaos Warhounds - x2
12 Chaos Warriors: Shields, Full Command
5 Marauder Horsemen: Flails, Mark of Khorne, FC

My math makes this list out to be 997 points.

I have an alternate that switches the 2nd Champion for a sorcerer, and takes the chieftan upgrade from the horsemen. That comes out to 993 points.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

lcfr
25-09-2009, 03:59
Champion of Chaos: Mark of Khorne, 2 dispel scrolls

Only wizards can carry Arcane items like scrolls. At 1k you probably won't need any. I would drop this guy altogether.

20 Marauders: Shields & Full Command - x2

One unit of about 25ish should be enough imo. Give it the MoS (mark of slaanesh) so it has some more staying power.

5 Marauder Horsemen: Flails, Mark of Khorne, FC

MoK isn't a bad choice so to speak, but generally your Horsemen should be flanking and/or redirecting charges; MoK makes it hard to do this. If you do want them to have some punch then you're best off giving them light armour and shields as well so they can survive against bowfire a little. FC is not worthwhile on these guys either...it's too easy to kill 5 of them in cc and claim 100 extra VPs for the banner to make it worth the +1CR. If you plan on baiting and fleeing w/these guys (i.e. dropping the MoK) all you need is a musician to help you rally.

Overall the list is going to struggle w/mostly footsloggers and no heavyhitters (i.e. knights but dragon ogres or even ogres would be a good help too).

Paraelix
28-09-2009, 02:20
Axe the second character. Marauders are good 24 strong (6x4). Marauder horse with Mark of Khorne are nuts BUT you have to spend a great deal of time looking the opposite direction to enemies in order to charge when you want... Which can be tough, and which means any other fast cav or flying unit will draw you off away from your opponents army. Also, marauder cav aren't tough and can't really break units... They have a tendency to bounce off, so don't hand them 100vps for a banner in a unit you know won't hold long in combat.

Rosstifer
28-09-2009, 08:20
I would look to just squeeze in a unit of 5 MOK Chaos Knights. GHreat destructive power and beautiful models to boot.