PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Space Wolves most hated enemy?

hwd
25-09-2009, 08:58
Hi all,

I'm not all that 'up' on my Space Wolf fluff so I was wondering if there was one particular enemy that the space wolves 'hate' the most?

I guess I'm after the Space Wolf Equivalent of the beef between the Ultramarines and Tyranids.

Thanks

Hwd

ryng_sting
25-09-2009, 09:02
The Thousand Sons Traitor Legion. They didn't like them before the Heresy, less so after The Battle of the Fang.

kylsnik ironhead
25-09-2009, 09:03
I would say the Thousand Sons

Whitehorn
25-09-2009, 09:04
Hard call, but definitely Thousand Sons or Dark Angels.

hwd
25-09-2009, 09:11
Wow, that wa quick and there is consensus, something ne'er oft seen on warseer

Thousand sons you say, that kinda screws my plans more than a bit... Am I right in remembering that the thousand sons are just dust inside their armour?

I want to convert a SW to be standing over his dead enemy holding aloft his removed head which won't really work with just an empty shell...

Or Dark Angels perhaps, but killing a fellow brother and keeping a trophy head, Seems a bit too much no?

Lothlanathorian
25-09-2009, 09:12
Damn, I was gonna go with just Dark Angels lol

But yes, the Thousand Sons are their most hated foe. Between everything that happened around the Heresy, the Space Wolves distrust of Psykers (and anything else that isn't beer or an axe) and the Battle of the Fang, I'd go ahead and say they have a lot of reason to hate those guys.

They do, however, have a long standing (10,000 year) grudge against the Dark Angels. Basically, the Lion is a dick, Leman called him on it, Lion'el sucker punched Russ and the Wolves like to make a stink about it.

kylsnik ironhead
25-09-2009, 09:14
Not all Thousand Sons are dust just the Ones with no psychic powers so you could do it using a Aspiring Sorcerer.

Mojaco
25-09-2009, 09:16
Sorcerors are still 'flesh and blood', as far as possible in the warp. So you can still do it, no problem, but you'd need a sorceror model instead of the easier to convert Thousand Sons marine model.

Lothlanathorian
25-09-2009, 09:20
And with the frequency with which the Dark Angels shoot fellow Marines to keep them away from things or spreading rumors, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to assume a Space Wolf Great Company ended up, at some point in the last 10,000 years, getting themselves a Dark Angel's head.

hwd
25-09-2009, 09:22
Ah ha, sorcerers! Excellent, this will do it I think...
Like you sat Mojaco, not its just a question of finding a decent model to convert to be a dead sorcerer!

kylsnik ironhead
25-09-2009, 09:28
I suggest a Thousand sons unite Champion (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/common/xLargeProductImage.jsp?mWidth=873px&mURL=/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251605_99110102073_CSMThsndSonssqdmain_873x627.j pg&mAlt=Chaos+Space+Marines+Thousand+Sons&mHeight=627px)

Lothlanathorian
25-09-2009, 09:33
All metal model. He'd have to saw that sucker off. There is a plastic Tzeentch Champion head in the Chaos Marine box. Wouldn't look nearly as impressive, but it's a start.

Are the Thousand Son heads on those models in the link separate? If so, they would work just fine.

LexxBomb
25-09-2009, 09:38
I would have to say they hate the Ecclesarhy (sp?) the most given they are the only ones to have actually sieged The Fang. So I wouldn't want to be a Sister of Battle near any Space Wolf.

Askil the Undecided
25-09-2009, 09:51
I would have to say they hate the Ecclesarhy (sp?) the most given they are the only ones to have actually sieged The Fang. So I wouldn't want to be a Sister of Battle near any Space Wolf.

Bucharis was a heretic and a traitor.

Lexxbomb you're aware that the 1k sons have fought the wolves on the slopes of the fang right?

The Fang (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Fang)'s Lexicanium page.

hwd
25-09-2009, 09:52
There is a plastic Tzeentch Champion head in the Chaos Marine box. Wouldn't look nearly as impressive, but it's a start.

Has any one got a picture of a CSM with this head on so I can have a look at it?

Idaan
25-09-2009, 10:04
Definitely postmen.
(this actually is a stupid oneliner with too few characters)

kylsnik ironhead
25-09-2009, 10:11
heres a pict of the sprue the Tzeentch champions head is the one with the four horns (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=0&aId=1200018&start=1)

hwd
25-09-2009, 10:39
Hmmm, I think getting a dead-marine to look good is hard enough without having to contend with metal models... I think i'm going to go for the foe being an Ork Nob as this will allow me to use a plastic model, a non helmeted head and have my space wolf's fenrisian wolf munching down on the dead dude...
I'm going to start on this later today so i'll post some progress shots in my blog this evening, even though it will probably be just sketches for now!

Thanks all for your help, advice and quick resposes!

ryng_sting
25-09-2009, 10:43
Basically, the Lion is a dick, Leman called him on it, Lion'el sucker punched Russ and the Wolves like to make a stink about it.

Not quite the full story. The two Primarchs and their legions are fighting a joint campaign. Jonson personally scouts out the stronghold of the enemy leader, and outlines his plan for taking it. The enemy leader insults Russ, who then decides to take his legion on a headlong frontal assault, and be damned with everyone else. When the SW eventually breach the stronghold, after suffering heavy casualties, Jonson has already slain the enemy leader, and Russ starts a fight over it.

Sunyavadin
25-09-2009, 10:49
Game Balance.

Sorry, someone had to say it....

SharpSilver
25-09-2009, 10:51
The Thousand sons most definitely.

No doubt if they were given Orders to destroy the Dark Angels they gladly perform the task. The Dark Angels are a backstabbing and Selfish Chapter who would kill and or any Chapter to conceal their shame. No honor at all.

Imperialis_Dominatus
25-09-2009, 11:38
or Dark Angels.

I was gonna go with just Dark Angels lol... They do, however, have a long standing (10,000 year) grudge against the Dark Angels. Basically, the Lion is a dick, Leman called him on it, Lion'el sucker punched Russ and the Wolves like to make a stink about it.

No doubt if they were given Orders to destroy the Dark Angels they gladly perform the task. The Dark Angels are a backstabbing and Selfish Chapter who would kill and or any Chapter to conceal their shame. No honor at all.

You guys do know that the Lion and the Wolf eventually ended up reconciling, right? They were closer than ever after the Heresy. The honor duels between champions every time they meet is just sibling rivalry. I think despite a little bad blood ten thousand years forgiven, the Wolves would actually be as shocked at a true betrayal by the Dark Angels as everyone was at Horus.

Thousand sons you say, that kinda screws my plans more than a bit... Am I right in remembering that the thousand sons are just dust inside their armour?

Just have one of your warriors giving a Thousand Son an epic curbstomp. You could even model the dust/soul seeping out of the armor!

x-esiv-4c
25-09-2009, 11:40
I believe they have some animosity towards psykers as a whole. Despite having the most powerful psyker abilities in the game!

Mojaco
25-09-2009, 12:53
Hmmm, I think getting a dead-marine to look good is hard enough without having to contend with metal models...
not so quick. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1400018&prodId=prod1690064 would be a good and easy start on such a project.

I think i'm going to go for the foe being an Ork Nob as this will allow me to use a plastic model, a non helmeted head and have my space wolf's fenrisian wolf munching down on the dead dude...
I'm going to start on this later today so i'll post some progress shots in my blog this evening, even though it will probably be just sketches for now!

Thanks all for your help, advice and quick resposes!
Orks are a fine substitute. They might have mortal enemies in 1K Sons, but they fight the Orks a lot more often.

LexxBomb
25-09-2009, 15:02
have you guys seen the new Space Puppy stuff comming out?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1430059&rootCatGameStyle=

at least Njal is getting redone and in Terminator Armour ... sweet.
dont like the guy on wolf. kinda takes away from Blackmain having killed the same sort of wolf as Russ amd Lukas is just a rip off of Loki which is what The Deciever is ment to be.

pookie
25-09-2009, 15:06
Historically the TS.

but really, who ever they are currently fighting! - so basically choose a cool mini and go from there ( tho the more bad ass the enemy, the better imo ).

massey
25-09-2009, 16:28
I think it would look awesome if you could model it with sand seeping out of the armor. That would look incredible.

The Dark Angels/Space Wolves thing is kind of exaggerated. Their respective champions meet in honor duels when the chapters work alongside each other. Which means their chapters work alongside each other.

Someone somewhere mentioned that Ragnar Blackmane knows about the Fallen. If that's the case, then he hasn't gone blabbing the secret to anyone. Which means the SW trust the DA, and vice versa. "They may be a bunch of emo wristcutters, but they're not traitors."

trigger
25-09-2009, 16:38
You could go any place with this ,
Most hated enemy would be Thousand Sons.........BUT
SW have a distrust of Pyskers .... So any Pyskick based enemy
SW have a distrust of tech...... so any tech based enemy
SW have a distrust of any thing religious ... so any fanatical religious enemy
SW hate any thing with more than 4 limbs .....
SW hate any thing that relaces its feet with hoves ....
They hate stuff that dont drink
SW have a hate of mutants...
SW hate pure metal beings ...( they dont smell good )
Oh and stupid rebel Guard that try to sack fenris ..... although they do find it quite funny at the same time :D
Last one SW HATE the Inquesition
If i have missed any one please add with the words ' SW hate........' and that shpuld cover it.

The SW have a bit of distrust to other SW from different companys .....

LexxBomb
25-09-2009, 16:43
lol
SW hate it when the toilet seat is left down
SW hate it when their toilet tray is out of litter
SW hate rolled up newspapers

TheDarkDaff
25-09-2009, 17:15
You forgot postmen with black and white cats

hwd
25-09-2009, 19:25
Okay so I made a start and updates can be found here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219413);

Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Hwd

ashc
25-09-2009, 19:32
Space Cats Space Marine Chapter.

Canis Wolfborn of the Space Wolves, in his Wolfpelts armed with his Wolf claws on his giant Wolf *really* hates Felix Kittiburn of the Space Cats, in his Catpelts armed with his Cat claws on his giant Cat.

Condottiere
25-09-2009, 21:51
Is that a Thunderhawk descending from orbit? No!

It's a ThunderCat, ho!

ashc
25-09-2009, 22:06
Is that a Thunderhawk descending from orbit? No!

It's a ThunderCat, ho!

There is plenty of mileage left in the Space Wolf jokes! :D

LexxBomb
26-09-2009, 01:20
wonder when GW will get sued by the owners of the He-Man licenses for their obvious breach of IP regarding Canis Wolfborn... just give him a sword and start looking for Skeletor.

Sadistikk
26-09-2009, 01:57
.......the most hated enemy of the space wolves.......

A BARBER .......
"Sir can i interest you in a shave and a hair cut"
"Shave and a hair cut.....you have insulted my honor..."*roid rage*
*SW walks out of the Shop over the corpse of the dead barber*
..i kid i kid

but ya i agree Thousand Sons

Prodigalson
26-09-2009, 06:27
Going to have to say Thousand Sons. To bad they don't realize they got duped by Horus to attack the 1Ksons. Poor sons.

As to the DA's that's overblown. I think Azreal and Login worked together very well during the Eye of Terror campaign as well. It's a brotherly rivalry. As the earlier poster pointed out, "They are a bunch of wristcutting emos, but not traitors."

I play DA successor chapter, and even we think that they are emo. I have a few wolf pelt thrown on my company champion. He defeated a space wolf in HTH for the honor of the company, and was given a mark of honor by the space wolves.

Grubnar
26-09-2009, 15:04
Not quite the full story. The two Primarchs and their legions are fighting a joint campaign. Jonson personally scouts out the stronghold of the enemy leader, and outlines his plan for taking it. The enemy leader insults Russ, who then decides to take his legion on a headlong frontal assault, and be damned with everyone else. When the SW eventually breach the stronghold, after suffering heavy casualties, Jonson has already slain the enemy leader, and Russ starts a fight over it.

Ah, that is the Dark Angels version of what happened. The Space Wolves point of view is ... quite different!

ryng_sting
26-09-2009, 16:49
Yes. Their version is the DA abandoned their posts, leaving the SW flank exposed, which cost them many lives when the enemy counter-attacked. From this point of view, Russ was only getting justice by striking first. It's not wrong, technically; the point is that it isn't the full story.

Wolflord Havoc
26-09-2009, 17:42
The rivalry between the Dark Angels and the Space Wolves has resulted in outright war between th 2 chapters in he previous 10,000 years - but this does not stop them being the greatest of allies when fighting a common enemy (ref: Horus Herasy and 13th Black Crusade).

Its more of a great rivalry tempered by mutual respect.

1k Sons are the principle hated enemy and have plotted on many occasions to bring about the downfall of the Space Wolves. They obviously are still somewhat annoyed by the whole Prospero assault thing - no sense of humor some people.

Russ as well as the 13th Great Company are thought by some to be hunting the 1K sons in the EOT.

mightymconeshot
27-09-2009, 18:17
um how about pesky the inquistion who dont know when to leave something alone.

Helikaon
28-09-2009, 03:58
Yeah, the entire Administratum is pretty much despised by the Wolves for what they did to the citizens of Armageddon post Chaotic exposure.

Can't help feeling that the Space Wolves and Salamanders would get along just fine, even though the Sallies aren't aware of just how little the AA cares for it's people.

Israfael
28-09-2009, 06:05
The Thousand sons most definitely.

Says the tainted gene-seed, barbarian.

Go bed some shield maidens, wolf man. Let pure humans defend humanity. :chrome:

genestealer_baldric
28-09-2009, 13:53
SW most hated enemy? err... the space hovers renagade chapter??

seriously its must be TS even a lowly bloodclaw of SW has injured the 3 eyed ponce of the TS legion

Putty
28-09-2009, 14:23
the most hated enemy of the space wolves?

the next SW FAQ.

SolidShooterMan
28-09-2009, 18:58
if your looking for a modelling idea with the holding of the enemy head, then why not go for orks, take it from the front cover of the old codex, orks are always a suitable scapegoat for modelling grueling duels or slain models to have on your bases

Imperialis_Dominatus
28-09-2009, 22:33
3 eyed ponce of the TS legion

What.

Needs more text.

Tullrian
29-09-2009, 04:11
Thousand sons are 100% the most hated enemy of the Space wolves, not only for everything that has been mentioned already, but The last thing the space wolves Primarch ever did was go missing in the eye of terror on a personal mission to take out Magnus the Red for good. TS also almost destroyed the space wolves homeworld, and many priceless artifacts along with it.

Slyck
29-09-2009, 21:30
The last thing the space wolves Primarch ever did was go missing in the eye of terror on a personal mission to take out Magnus the Red for good.

Huh? Seems to me all we know is that he got all pouty one night because of bad dreams then up and left.