PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle WoC 2000 point list

Caligula
25-09-2009, 18:11
Bonjour once again, everyone. My army is finally done, fully painted and ready to hit the battlefield. This is the list I've settled on, and it's essentially set in stone as all the models are done already. I'm looking for thoughts and opinions on the list as it is now, and also suggestions for future changes and additions if necessary. Anything you have to say, actually, would be welcomed.

Morghal Bane, the Manreaper
Exalted Hero-
Shield
Mark of Nurgle
Daemonic Mount
Chaos Runesword(Runehammer)
*accompanies one of the Flail Horsemen

Vulgus the Blighted
Exalted Hero-
Battle Standard Bearer
Shield
Mark of Nurgle
Daemonic Mount
Rending Sword(Hammer)
The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk
*accompanies the Plague Knights

Skathor Doomcrow, Shaman of the Tribe of the Crow
Chaos Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Enchanted Shield
Book of Secrets
*accompanies Spear Horsemen

Sseth the Vile, Plaguetalon of Nurgle
Chaos Sorcerer-
Level 2
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Conjoined Homonculus
Power Familiar
*accompanies Flail Horsemen

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

Riders of the Black Wing
5 Marauder Horsemen-
Shields
Spears
Musician

Riders of the Carrion Crow
5 Marauder Horsemen-
Light Armour
Flails
Musician

Riders of the Plaguetalon
5 Marauder Horsemen-
Light Armour
Flails
Musician

Plague Knights
6 Chaos Knights-
Mark of Nurgle
Musician
Standard Bearer
War Banner

Shrine of the Maggot King
Chaos Warshrine-
Mark of Nurgle

Ghulvash the Corruptor, the Oblivion Wyrm, Plaguemaw
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth-
Great Weapon

TOTAL-2000pts.

Caligula
26-09-2009, 22:52
Okay, so no comments as of yet, which I'll take as a positive thing, rather than negative, for the sake of being optimistic;)

If there's no comments on the list in general, then I have a question to ask. Where, within the accompanying units, would be the best place to place each of the characters? I know that might seem like a trivial thing, but for the points expense of each one, I'd like to maximize their effectiveness, tactical uses, and survivability. For my fighty charcters(the Exalted General Morghal, and the Exalted BSB Vulgus), I'm thinking of placing them more centrally within the unit they accompany, so that they get stuck in and start the killing asap, and don't get left out of the combat if they happen to be on the long end of the rank sometime.

As for the Sorcerers, I'm considering placing them more off to one end of the units they go with. Not that Sorcerers are slouches in combat by any means, but I see this is being helpful for things like line of sight and such.

So, any thoughts on character placement within my units?

Caligula
27-09-2009, 03:39
Alright then, it appears for whatever reason that this subject matter isn`t stirring up much of a response;) No worries, as from experience here on Warseer I take this to mean that, for the most part, all is well with things, and that for all intents and purposes I`m on the right track at least. So, that`s great.

I guess I`ll just basically call it a day with the army list as it is for now then. I`m beyond happy with it, and actually have my first game with it(fully painted and everything) tomorrow against some Vampire Counts. Should be interesting. I`ll be sure to report on how it goes, maybe even do up a bit of a battle report and post it.

All in all, like I said, I`m quite pleased with the way this army`s looking. I`m content with my Magic phase, and should be able to get a few spells off here and there, although as usual(particularly against the Vampire Counts)I`ll have to be quite smart with my use of Dispel dice, as I have a very limited number of them, and no Scrolls. No biggie. We`re Chaos. What we can`t dispel, we crush:)

The plan tomorrow is to hit hard, and hit fast. I should easily be able to outflank him, for the most part, and set up some crushing charges with my heavy hitters supported by faster, lighter cav on the flanks(and rear, if at all possible). Even my Fast Cavalry should pack a bit of punch, containing characters as they do. But, of course, I`m depending on my big unit of Plague Knights, and to a lesser extent(on a flank) the Shaggoth to do the most damage.

I`ll try and do a little character sniping with Magnificent Buboes all the while, and I have a pretty decent store of Power dice to work with for just two Level 2 Sorcerers, so if I get some spells through and weaken or even destroy some of his more powerful units and characters before I hit them in close combat, things should start to go my way. Of course, killing the Vampire General will be among my first priorities if given the chance(unlikely, but we`ll see how it plays out), and if that happens, I have a feeling I can pretty much dominate as his force slowly crumbles around him, and his magic takes a severe drop.

Anyway, so that`s what`s in store for Morghal`s Warband tomorrow, we`ll see how it goes, and keep an eye out for the battle report tomorrow evening.

killemall
29-09-2009, 02:43
You have put a lot of thought and creativity in yout army. Do you have any pics of it?

I am also putting together my army mostly around Nurgle (and Khorne).
Lets see some pics!

Ξ H2O Ξ
29-09-2009, 04:28
Hey again Cali.

Yeah as i think some people said in ur pervious thread that putting ur hero's (esp at 150+pts) in marauder horsemen units is a BAD idea these guys are ment for fleeing when they see trouble. They also draw a sheet load of fire just to cause panic. So probs not a good idea to put ur chars in those units (MoS despite not fitting in ur fluff well is good if u have nowhere else to put em)
My wizards i take them a nice 76 pt bunker unit (MoS, Musician, LA+S). Can be cheaper but this way they get a reasonable save and ItP which is handy to house a wizard (or 2).
Ur heros look awesome and their items seem to be alright but i would restrain from giving my wizards lvl2 if ur not going magic heavy (and usually only bother 2 lvl 2s with a lvl 4 S.Lord).
The single unit of Knights will get magiked to pieces so i like my BSB to have collar of Khorne for the awesome MR(2) for only 10pts more than a ToP, bargain imo:D.
The warshrine is only march 8" so will be left behind pretty early on. I have played with one a couple times and they are great fun when they get stuck in with a unit of knights, but they can be a let down:(.

After afew games u'll see where things need to be changed. SO play some games and HF:).

H2O